Internet Explorer 10 and the new tekkit page

31trainman

Oh wow, man, people still use IE. Guy, you're using a horribly buggy piece of bloatware that's prone to open a million holes in your computer for virii to come crawling in. The only reason IE is even still present and updated is because Microsoft thinks its horrible stock browser is still relevant. IE is definitely part of your problem here.

Get Pale Moon, get Uzbl, get Firefox, get Chrome, get Opera, get Torch, get Safari if you must, anything is better than IE. IE is to browsers what Flowerchild is to modders; the retard baby that, along with its ever-shrinking fandom of idiot zealots and people who simply don't see that there's another way around things, still thinks it belongs when in reality it's long been completely irrelevant.

Actually, IE is just fine. Personally, I find it fitting. It doesn't crash, it isn't overcomplicated, it's not slow.

I can't say this for any other internet browser.

And as for the actual question, IE is not the source of the problem. I have IE10 and was able to easily download the server with absolutely no trouble.

Oh wow, man, people still use IE. Guy, you're using a horribly buggy piece of bloatware that's prone to open a million holes in your computer for virii to come crawling in. The only reason IE is even still present and updated is because Microsoft thinks its horrible stock browser is still relevant. IE is definitely part of your problem here.

Get Pale Moon, get Uzbl, get Firefox, get Chrome, get Opera, get Torch, get Safari if you must, anything is better than IE. IE is to browsers what Flowerchild is to modders; the retard baby that, along with its ever-shrinking fandom of idiot zealots and people who simply don't see that there's another way around things, still thinks it belongs when in reality it's long been completely irrelevant.

Source?

... I believe that counts, disconsented. I'm not inclined to "source" or prove or give examples of these "claims" which fall within the realm of common knowledge and common sense among anyone who knows how the internet and browsers work, and easy observation for most anyone else who's attentive; especially not to appease your rather apparent desire to start a debate from pointlessness for mere debate's sake. Never even mind that this has nothing to do with Tekkit/Technic or this guy's (now apparently solved) issue. If you want such information, I'm sure Google will give you plenty should you actually look for it.

... I believe that counts, disconsented. I'm not inclined to "source" or prove or give examples of these "claims" which fall within the realm of common knowledge and common sense among anyone who knows how the internet and browsers work, and easy observation for most anyone else who's attentive; especially not to appease your rather apparent desire to start a debate from pointlessness for mere debate's sake. Never even mind that this has nothing to do with Tekkit/Technic or this guy's (now apparently solved) issue. If you want such information, I'm sure Google will give you plenty should you actually look for it.

You are the once with the burden of proof here. You misunderstand my intentions, I am not trying to start a debate. Just trying to stop the bandwagoning.

"I am not trying to start a debate."

"You are the once<sic> with the burden of proof here."

Clearly you are; debates hinge on proof, and if you're so demanding of proof, that's what you're trying to start.

Happening to know common knowledge things is not bandwagoning. Quit debate trolling; if you want to practice masturbatory and/or circlejerk-like pseudo-lawyerly behavior I'm sure you can find plenty of boards with communities more suited to such tastes. Good day sir.

You are the once with the burden of proof here. You misunderstand my intentions, I am not trying to start a debate. Just trying to stop the bandwagoning.

Idea.

Go to any internet forum. Ask them about what's wrong with IE. Be told the same things he told you. Then come back here. Apologize. Done it all?

Now shove off.

Idea.

Go to any internet forum. Ask them about what's wrong with IE. Be told the same things he told you. Then come back here. Apologize. Done it all?

Now shove off.

Oh look more baseless assertions. You are the one with the burden of proof, until you show me some. You are all.

:)

IE 10 isn't actually bad. The only place that it lags considerably behind other browsers is in its handling of HTML5, which is atrocious.

The problem is that for heavy, long term internet users, IE isn't worth the risk. 7-9 were shit-terrible and almost unusable, and before that, versions were always hit or miss. Firefox may not have the highest benchmarks, but it never has the lowest benchmarks. Google Chrome tends to have the best benchmarks.

@disconsented: Oh wow, guy, you're silly. You think you can win your little pseudo-argument by just parroting what amounts to the same thing over and over again? Not only are you an obsessive debater, you're a bad one. Well if you wanna play that game, I can do it more efficiently with the quote button:

I'm not inclined to "source" or prove or give examples of these "claims" which fall within the realm of common knowledge and common sense among anyone who knows how the internet and browsers work' date=' and easy observation for most anyone else who's attentive; especially not to appease your rather apparent desire to start a debate from pointlessness for mere debate's sake. Never even mind that this has nothing to do with Tekkit/Technic or this guy's (now apparently solved) issue. If you want such information, I'm sure Google will give you [i']plenty should you actually look for it.

Happening to know common knowledge things is not bandwagoning. Quit debate trolling; if you want to practice masturbatory and/or circlejerk-like pseudo-lawyerly behavior I'm sure you can find plenty of boards with communities more suited to such tastes. Good day sir.

ETA: @Jay?: IE, every version past 4 or so, has always been prone to crashing, virus-vulnerability-inducing port opening behavior, slowness, and general stupidity, in my experience. 4 and prior didn't tend to slow badly, likely only due to the fact that they were ancient by the time I tested them out of curiosity, but those old versions still heralded the pitfalls of the rest of the bunch. ETA again: Oh, I also recall that 7 or 8 was found out to have a major, glaring flaw in security that could open the floodgates for virii. It was patched out ASAP upon formal discovery, but who's to say how many computers got hit by hackers and botnets just because of a bad IE version before anyone officially found this out? And who's to say IE 10 doesn't have a similar major flaw that's just gone undiscovered, or knowing Microsoft, possibly discovered by not widely known about to the point of them having to get off their lazy asses and fix it?

Amusing. Thread starts, every single post is irrelevant. You try any other browserS? maybe their site was down?

He said earlier that it worked

Also, I managed to get my mom to use Google Chrome.

Win.

@Jay?: Hum. Interesting that Microsoft actually has it together (somewhat) there for a change. I still firmly believe that IE's only productive use is to download a superior browser, though. It's still clear that all of the other "big players" beat out IE; Microsoft has merely narrowed the margin, not inverted it by a long shot. There's also the fact that Firefox and Crome, most notably among others, have a wealth of addons that add functionality and even reconfigure the core browsers themselves in ways that would doubtless improve upon those benchmarks you gave; meanwhile IE lacks many addons, and making addons for the browser is very difficult. It was borderline impossible and decidedly illegal, once upon a time, before Microsoft had to cave against the Firefox domination caused by Mozilla's far more open-source philosophy. There are 3 specific addons I can name for Firefox, 2 of which I know have an "identical twin" of sorts made for Chrome, that all on their own can improve practical factors across the board up to 10-fold. AdBlockPlus, Ghostery, and FasterFox. This would rightfully put Chrome and Firefox both off the charts in practice, measuring directly things like up/download speed, virus implanting resistance, etc. etc. etc.

@Ysharma/Sev, personal browser choice: I use Firefox. I've used it since before Chrome was even made, started back in the early Firefox 3.0/late 2.0 days, back before 4.0 came out and they subsequently decided to spam artificial new whole number versions so they could say "Nyah nyah our meaningless number's higher than yours, IE!" or whatever, I don't even know. Silly move, but hey, the software still works wonderfully. I don't hate on Chrome, but I never saw a point in making a proper switch over, seeing as it's basically Google saying "Hey we make Firefox too! Love us like you love Mozilla!" I honestly see that as all well and good, because the more people in the world that are using a well-made and open-source browser, the better.

I switched from firefox to chrome during the period of time where firefox had a memory leak associated with flash. I always have an idle game running in the background somwewhere, so long term flash use was pretty much requisite.

Since switching, i haven't had much reason to switch back.