Got this + IC2 + forestry + project bench = win

dwfmagik

That's fine and dandy, and it's your choice. But I'd recommend at least learning how Thermal Expansion and MineFactory Reloaded works, because I'm getting the feeling IC2 will die out soon and stop updating.

Unless you like to make insanely overthetop complicated to the bare bones factories...

Stick with IC2..

IC2 is cleaner faster and less of a hassle to work with.

TE on the other had... Well.. Dat spacing! Very good when on the moon and you're bubble is stuck at 66.6%

Unless you like to make insanely overthetop complicated to the bare bones factories...

Stick with IC2..

IC2 is cleaner faster and less of a hassle to work with.

TE on the other had... Well.. Dat spacing! Very good when on the moon and you're bubble is stuck at 66.6%

I'd say TE is 'cleaner' - in any way I can think off to boot - and when you compare it to IC2 not upgraded tier 1 machines it's actually faster. Nothing stops you from setting up several machines to do the same job and I think -I didn't do the math- with the same resource investment and space to work with booth IC2 and TE should be able to process about the same amount of materials.

The only reason that many might like IC2 is because of it's nuclear system. I've seen some very cool nuclear addons which either add more components or even whole new reactors with different sizes! That's way more fun to fiddle with than silly magmatic engines or stirling engines.

I think TE items fit much better in the whole "Minecraft environment".

But I stay without IC2 at the moment with the new Tekkit and I have to say I like it. I don't miss any feature (without those damn fast machines) of IC2, even have to say that some TE features are better than in IC2. And just using one type of energy makes many thinks a lot easier.

And about the nuclear system: You just need it (in most cases) because of IC2 machines... things like the mass fabricators. Normal TE engines run fine with some lava engines.

And about the project table: there is an equivalent table in buildcraft (have to check the name again), its just harder to build and use

I think TE items fit much better in the whole "Minecraft environment".

But I stay without IC2 at the moment with the new Tekkit and I have to say I like it. I don't miss any feature (without those damn fast machines) of IC2, even have to say that some TE features are better than in IC2. And just using one type of energy makes many thinks a lot easier.

And about the nuclear system: You just need it (in most cases) because of IC2 machines... things like the mass fabricators. Normal TE engines run fine with some lava engines.

And about the project table: there is an equivalent table in buildcraft (have to check the name again), its just harder to build and use

10 Steam engines filled 4 cells fairly quickly but was hell to automate.

It's not hell to automate at all. Took me 5 minutes in Creative to get 10 Steam Engines onto 4 Redstone Energy Cells, fully automatic with water and fuel and everything.

Just because you liked IC2 better doesn't mean other mods are a hassle to work with.

That allow you to swim in lava.

GG

Not anymore it doesn't :P

Quantum has been nerfed quite viciously since 1.2.5. MPS is probably a lot better at preventing lava damage now.

Old quantum armor was a worthy goal, more than balancing out the need for reactors and the whole "hamster wheel" which is a pretty apt description. Now, IC2 really doesn't have much to offer besides nuclear reactors which are fun in and of themselves, but really serve no purpose with MPS being better than quantum armor in almost every way. Quantum armor is still better at straight damage protection, but not even by a huge margin anymore.