Offline Tekkit Idea Cool

Immasianlol

Hey guys i just wanted to bring this up

So, i was thinking about Minecraft very recently and wanted to share an idea i had.

I think that an offline mode for Tekkit/mods would be awesome.

The opportunity to play offline would be great also i'll be able to play on my school laptop :P

I just wanted to let you guys know that offline mode would be really cool and should be added in the new update

So, Happy Mining!

Wow, yeah that's a great idea.

It should only work if you log in once with a connection though.

Wow Kaker, you really should of thought of this a long time ago, what kind of self-respecting launcher doesn't have offline support?

So, i was thinking about Minecraft very recently and wanted to share an idea i had.

The opportunity to play offline would be great also i'll be able to play on my school laptop :P

I just wanted to let you guys know that offline mode would be really cool and should be added in the new update

So, Happy Mining!

There is offline mode already. You have to login with a real minecraft account once on a pack to be able to use it. If this was some sort of request to support people who pirate the game, then get bent

So, Happy Mining!

well that already exists it's called Single Player.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel the need to point out that I run the Technic launcher on an older intel mac, through OSX, and there does not appear to be an offline mode for it. I have logged in various times and played, which is great. I just moved house, and we have no internet, and I cannot play. If I try and sign in it just says it failed or something and kind of freezes up.

Are you guys saying that that is how it's supposed to be? Is requesting that all platforms have an offline mode that WORKS after you've logged in legitimately a couple times wrong somehow?

(EDIT: I mean it doesn't let me go through to offline mode like vanilla minecraft does, and I don't see why there would be a problem in allowing that kind of access)

It DOES allow that kind of access.

You need to log in once, just ONCE, into the launcher with your Minecraft account, and you should be able to play Offline just fine.

If it freezes up, something's wrong on your end.

Actually, one thing I have run into is that if, for whatever reason, your network blocks access to www.minecraft.net, (at least, that's what I think causes it, it could possibly be a technic related page), and you try to start the launcher, the launcher will freeze up/refuse to do anything. In that case, simply turn off your wireless/internet and then the built-in offline mode will kick in just fine (Provided you were able to log in successfully last time, that is. If the network blocks it, and then I try to turn off wireless then restart the launcher, it refuses to work until I can make a successful connection to minecraft.net, even if I reboot my laptop.)

• 2 months later...

I've been having a similar problem - though admittedly it very well could be something on my end. What your saying is that, once I've purchased a Minecraft account, launched it, etc., etc., then launch the Technic Launcher (whilst connected to the internet), it will download the selected pack, i.e. Tekkit, and viola! I'll be able to play said pack when not connected to the internet?

• 5 months later...

The offline abilities only work if when you logged in you saved your login credentials... Otherwise when it asks you to log in again, if you don't have an internet connection, it will simply refuse the connection due to the inability to authenticate with Minecraft. So if you foresee going somewhere without the 'nets, save your login with the little box tot he bottom right in the launcher!

Vartila, AFAIK there are some gotchas about the login credentials getting outdated. It used to be the case that if you used the vanilla launcher and another launcher alternately, you would have to retype your password every time, but I believe that's fixed now. If your login token suddenly becomes invalid when you have no net connection, well that sounds annoying! You won't be able to play until you can reconnect to Mojang's servers and get a new valid token.

But that is a Minecraft issue, about how they handle login tokens and offline play. Technic Launcher just uses it.