Automating Pulverizer

Figglestein

I have set up a multi-turtle quarry system in the nether. The turtles drop there items into a diamond chest. I am trying to pump the some of the items items into a pulverizer and other items go into a disposal system. The disposal system works fine, but the items going into the pulverizer pop out of the pipe if the pulverizer is full. I am currently using stone transport pipe going into the pulverizer. Is there a different pipe that does not do this or will I need an elaborate set up to keep the items from popping out?

I use to hoppers stack on top of each other so that the ore will sit until the pulverizer can grind it up then transport it to two hoppers on top of the furnance to smelt it. works great since i really dont get more then 10 or 15 stacks of different ores once the crap is filtered out. But the Applied Energetic Mod is the long term plan for sort and organizing items. It copies all items in to data drives then have the items transferred to the appropriate machine as needed.

I never even thought of using hoppers though on our server they probably wouldn't be much use as we'd easily fill half a dozen at a time. My current automated system incorporates transport pipe loops so that we can fill it with as much stuff as we like and it'll all get dealt with eventually. It's also alot more compact, though I'm looking forward to making it even more compact with Applied Energistics.

Two hoppers and a pulverizer can handle the income from two max size quarries at full speed. If you have more than that you would be best off with another pulverizer with two hoppers of its own. Thermal expansion machines may be a bit slow, but they are relentless lol.

• Discord Moderator

Don't forget we are on MC 1.5 so the vanilla hopper is far superior. It can eject other directions than just down, and you can put a single chest on top for a huge buffer (and it is cheaper/simpler). The BC hopper is supposedly being renamed to a "chute".