Big Dig won't start

Okay, a few things: first update to 1.3.7, it's just out and it's nice. Second, make sure your java is 1.7_21, older versions tend to be a bit slow. Thirdly, hit the cogwheel in the upper right hand corner of the launcher, make sure your allocation is large enough and that the "permgen" checkbox is checked. Lastly, if that still doesn't work, bring me a forge log and what happened with #1-#3.

I know right. I did it like 5 times got the same thing. turned it back on then it downloaded everything and I got this again Failed to start game java.lang.NullPointerException. I think im just gonna give up with this for a while cause I have the same problem with the new tekkit also.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this is 'bumping' but I've had this problem where it gets past the Mojang screen, then sits on a grey screen for a long period of time. Do I just continue waiting, or is there some way I can fix it? I'm using a HP-pavilion dv6 laptop, 2.3Ghz with 4GB ram. Could it be my specs are too low?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can see it all happening if you look at the console.

Step 1) Click the gear on the technic launcher

Step 2) Click "Show Console"

Step 3) Launch Big Dig

Step 4) Watch the console

-----soooooo mannnnnyyyy thinnnnnggggs-----

Fun fact: It's actually loading the textures and animation data that takes the longest from what I've seen.

• 1 year later...

I was actually having the same problem (or possibly a similar one) on my HP Pavilion dv6, (yayy we have the same laptop :3) and I solved my problem by re-installing with 1.3.13, the latest, very different from the reccomended.  It still froze with the "Not Responding," on the Mojang screen, but after about a minute it finally got through and is working fine so far.  Hope this helped the OP or anyone else  :q:

• 5 months later...