Big Dig 1.3.9 Bug Hunting Thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I should have provided more information. This problem occurs in both single player and on a server. The server is mine. Additions to my server include thaumcraft 3, MCPC & worldedit. Additions to both single and smp include optifine 1.5.2. To verify these were not having influence, I just deleted my entire .bigdig folder and allowed a new download from scratch, and the problem still occurs in singleplayer.

*ahems*

Forge Logs or gtfo.

CanVox can't help you effectively without the logfiles from both your client and the server. So please provide them to him, perhaps in links to pastebin.com copies so we don't have pages and pages of logs in the forums.

Well, okay, let's try just the client side logs. Half the time invisible things are just the client glitching out.

A fresh log of you just loading the client, entering SSP, selecting the Power Tool, then shutting down.

Let's try something else. Go ahead and log back into that same SSP map, and this time, enter Third Person Mode. I've been hearing that it's visible there, which seems to strongly suggest it's a rendering problem. If you can see it that way, make sure your graphics driver and Java is up to date, to eliminate anything from that direction.

Okay, the gauntlet is visible in third person mode, just not in first person. I'm running Java 7 Update 21 64 bit for Windows 7 64bit, and I am running the latest Geforce 560m drivers.

edit: Also, I have allocated 2gb ram through the launcher and increased perm size.

I've double checked my server and client files about this: I cannot place a dimensional anchor at all. Obviously, since the mod is loaded, it will show up in NEI and in the crafting recipe, but I cannot pull it into my inventory or place it.

All hail the wheel of wark!

Still crashing any time I try to use the NASA workbench, 3 for 3.

I spoke with micdoodle about this, and he was having difficulty making this happen, are there any special details that might be contributing you can provide so he can get this fixed?

Had been experiencing the chocobo stack with no real adverse effects and then this happened. Ended up with almost 1900 entities after logging out a couple times in attempt to fix this. Short of killing them all manually not even sure how to remove them and there's still the chance of the glitch reoccurring.

ZzRynOK.jpg

Had been experiencing the chocobo stack with no real adverse effects and then this happened. Ended up with almost 1900 entities after logging out a couple times in attempt to fix this. Short of killing them all manually not even sure how to remove them and there's still the chance of the glitch reoccurring.

Launch an ICBM at them. Record it.