Power Transfer Phased conductive pipes

lycanthropy

So i am trying to send power from steam engines, through conductive pipes to my quarry...

so it works with just using gold conductive pipes straight to the quarry.

but when i try and send the power through a phased conductive transport pipe nothing happens:/

help someone please.

i have set the pipe at the quarry to send&receive.... and the one that send the power is set to send only and they are both on the same frequency.

Phased conductives are apparently bugged at the moment and don't work.

As for the NASA bench, you should be able to make all dusts using the MFR Pulveriser rather than with a macerator.

The phased pipes works perfectly in Tekkit 1.1.0. Been running it for 2-3 days now without any issues at all. Great update.

Also note that Energy Tesseracts has a 25% energy loss compared to Phased Conductive Pipe that doesn't seem to have any loss at all.

They both work nice between different dimensions. Phased pipes were broken in 1.0.6 but not in 1.1.0.

• Discord Moderator

Also note that Energy Tesseracts has a 25% energy loss compared to Phased Conductive Pipe that doesn't seem to have any loss at all.

Phased conductive pipes have a 5% loss. Energy tesseracts do have a 25% loss by default, but any server owner worth their salt (and anyone playing SSP) will change that to match the loss in Phased conductives since the tesseracts are far, far superior in every way (notably, on server performance). The default 25% loss is punishing and ludicrous and should have been changed by the Tekkit pack maintainers ages ago.

Phased conductive pipes have a 5% loss. Energy tesseracts do have a 25% loss by default, but any server owner worth their salt (and anyone playing SSP) will change that to match the loss in Phased conductives since the tesseracts are far, far superior in every way (notably, on server performance). The default 25% loss is punishing and ludicrous and should have been changed by the Tekkit pack maintainers ages ago.

25% isn't that big of a deal. Phased pipes are kinda OP to begin with.

Remember that Tesseracts are incredibly powerful. They allow you to transfer power anywhere, at any distance, across any dimension. You're not supposed to use them to get power from the other side of the room, you're supposed to use them over really long distances, or across dimensions. Considering all of that, 25% is fine.

• Discord Moderator

Considering all of that, 25% is fine.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Once you start scaling up the numbers (and yes, I advocate increasing the max energy transfer through tesseracts from 100 MJ/t to 500) it gets ridiculous. If I need 400 MJ/t somewhere, I should make an extra 130+ MJ/t and just throw it away for "balance"? I think not. That doesn't even take into consideration how poorly optimized phased pipes are compared to tesseracts in regards to server resource requirements. If it were a practical matter to do so, I would limit each player to never placing more than a dozen BC pipes of all types in total. A transport mechanic that can just flood the world with server breaking lag from items on the ground when players who think they know what they are doing (and most of them, quite demonstrably, do not) build BC pipe networks is just irresponsible behavior as a mod developer (IMHO).

• Discord Moderator

Tone down the rhetoric. It's not either of those things, it's higher than you want it to be, that is all.

Indeed. I'm not complaining, just stating an opinion. Thankfully TE is designed/built in such a way as to make these kind of debates moot. When built incorrectly, the systems "break down" for the player. They don't break the whole server. And as far as tesseract energy loss, it's a config option that is trivial to change to what anyone would like to have. Easy peasy.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Once you start scaling up the numbers (and yes, I advocate increasing the max energy transfer through tesseracts from 100 MJ/t to 500) it gets ridiculous. If I need 400 MJ/t somewhere, I should make an extra 130+ MJ/t and just throw it away for "balance"? I think not.

If the energy loss is really such a big deal, then use Conduits instead. They have a flat 5% loss, regardless of distance.