Let's Test Big Dig 1.3.12!

CanVox

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Carpenter is no longer making Impregnated casings, Seed oil is inserted, logs in the right recipe shape and in Carpenter inventory and power supplied yet it says that there are ingredients/recipe missing. I've done it exactly the same as previous times OR I may simply be blind and I've stuffed up, thought I may as well post the screenshot for others too see.

http://imgur.com/tA2mKyZ

tA2mKyZ

Recieved this crash after accidently placing ironically an impregnated casing in a carpenter. Crash log:

http://pastebin.com/T4Vst7hD

;)

I can't repro this, and speaking with Machine Muse, she said that this was a problem that occurred for people without forge 712+. So, do me two things:

- What is your graphics card/adapter? Full name and model- you can find it in the display tab of dxdiag.exe if you have windows.

- Go to the main menu and read me off the forge and FML version from the bottom left.

The video card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 and Forge/FML versions are as follows: FML v5.2.19.723, Minecraft Forge 7.8.0.723

The video card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 and Forge/FML versions are as follows: FML v5.2.19.723, Minecraft Forge 7.8.0.723

Do you have optifine installed?

my understanding is that upgrading to BIGDIG 1.3.12 from 1.3.9 without a fresh world is currently a no-go.

seems to cause client crashes on my end.

Log.

Do you have optifine installed?
I do, and removing it actually fixed the issue... Silly me for not thinking about that before D:

However, i cant rly imagine playing w/o optifine (not sure if I rly need it or is it just a habit at this point ;p), so I'll either try with different versions or just live with these weird textures ;/

I do, and removing it actually fixed the issue... Silly me for not thinking about that before D:

However, i cant rly imagine playing w/o optifine (not sure if I rly need it or is it just a habit at this point ;p), so I'll either try with different versions or just live with these weird textures ;/

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the only optifine issue- Muse's position right now seems to be "don't use opitifine". She's doing a ton of custom rendering stuff that's forge-compatible but who the heck knows when the optifine guy will actually get his stuff fixed. I haven't used optifine since starting Big Dig- Graphics: Fast, View Distance: Normal, Advanced OpenGL: On is enough to get my framerate just fine.

my understanding is that upgrading to BIGDIG 1.3.12 from 1.3.9 without a fresh world is currently a no-go.

We just updated our server to 1.3.12. No world gen issues.

Tinkers construct items still cause crashes client side (Bugged items)

8bbd2e794de5fc30ea0b9e6e1a44cbab.png

A wild rainbow pickaxe appears!

Rainbow pickaxe uses CRASH, it is super effective

DJRastafari disconnected

I think I remember that error from before.

Did you create that or spawn it in? I once had the same problem because I tried to spawn in a pick which was made of a material not in the pack.

Do they crash without optifine installed?

i think its ok just people telling me they have clicked permgen when actualy they havent :P

im sure that i started our server with 1.3.9 and updated each latest build to the current 1.3.12.

Unfortunately I've had it happen from Imperials, Industrious and cultivated. Very frustrating. I don't really want to have too start a new fourth world, but if it is the only solution it may be my only choice.

ill 'buzz' about the server see what bees people are messing with.

and the electric chests crash client just closes game as soon as you right click on it but so far things seem fine on my server (i forgot to say i took out dimensional doors and icbm explosives) there is also a glitch with armer duping in the galacticraft slots even overwrighting if something els is in that slot already

I also seem to be having another problem, the carpentry problem I commented earlier seems to be on world load it doesn't want to recognize I have the right amount/missing resources and I have to break my carpenter and replace it down for it to work as intended. Losing whatever Liquids I'd had put in it etc. Frustrating indeed. The bee crash I think has to do with an error on the cave dwelling Allele? Atleast that is what is coming up in the crash logs on the bees I place.

there is also a glitch with armer duping in the galacticraft slots even overwrighting if something els is in that slot already

Can you provide detailed repro steps for this? It's been reported a few times, but neither me or micdoodle can reproduce it so he hasn't been able to fix it.

I also seem to be having another problem, the carpentry problem I commented earlier seems to be on world load it doesn't want to recognize I have the right amount/missing resources and I have to break my carpenter and replace it down for it to work as intended. Losing whatever Liquids I'd had put in it etc.

I'll report this to sengir, but unless a fix comes out very very soon, I'm gonna have to recommend this build with the bug still live. Can't let forestry hold us up forever. : Gotta get the bees crash fixed first, though.

Can you provide detailed repro steps for this? It's been reported a few times, but neither me or micdoodle can reproduce it so he hasn't been able to fix it.

I'll report this to sengir, but unless a fix comes out very very soon, I'm gonna have to recommend this build with the bug still live. Can't let forestry hold us up forever. : Gotta get the bees crash fixed first, though.

I understand completely mate, Not so much a game breaking bug as just a bit of a nuisance. I'll just insert the liquids as I need em, and not fill it completely. The bee crash is probably the biggest problem. It's just the nature of modding MC currently I guess. :)

Edit: Thought I may aswell post yet another Forestry crash from the bees in hopes it might help with it alittle :/ http://pastebin.com/aQHcUbBM

I'm not sure that optifine's responsible. You also have out-of-date java (I don't think that's responsible either, but you should definitely update). Looks like a strange, but unserious, mystcraft bug. I'd update java, see if it fixes it for some weird reason.

EDIT: typer_monkey and crazybud- can either of you guys get me a detailed list of steps to reproduce either the galacticraft dupe bug, or the getActiveAllele() Extra Bees crash from a fresh map? I'm trying to repro so I can do some work on them but coming up short.

I'm not sure that optifine's responsible. You also have out-of-date java (I don't think that's responsible either, but you should definitely update). Looks like a strange, but unserious, mystcraft bug. I'd update java, see if it fixes it for some weird reason.

EDIT: typer_monkey and crazybud- can either of you guys get me a detailed list of steps to reproduce either the galacticraft dupe bug, or the getActiveAllele() Extra Bees crash from a fresh map? I'm trying to repro so I can do some work on them but coming up short.

The biggest hindrance to reproducing a bug/crash in Forestry is it a longterm use Mod, that needs a large amount of time with all the vast amount of combinations and varieties that can be produced in the Bees it could take awhile to get the right circumstances. I've got an hour to mess around in it so I'll update this post when I get something. :)

Unsure on the galacticraft problem, Crazybud may need to tackle that one if he has the time or feels inclined. :)

The biggest hindrance to reproducing a bug/crash in Forestry is it a longterm use Mod, that needs a large amount of time with all the vast amount of combinations and varieties that can be produced in the Bees it could take awhile to get the right circumstances. I've got an hour to mess around in it so I'll update this post when I get something. :)

Unsure on the galacticraft problem, Crazybud may need to tackle that one if he has the time or feels inclined. :)

Well, one thing to try out is to skip everything between Big Dig .9 and .12- if being on .10 or .11 is a requirement to make the crash happen then we're just gonna chalk your maps up as a casualty of testing since those builds are gonna get wiped when we rec the new build.

Well, one thing to try out is to skip everything between Big Dig .9 and .12- if being on .10 or .11 is a requirement to make the crash happen then we're just gonna chalk your maps up as a casualty of testing since those builds are gonna get wiped when we rec the new build.

I think unfortunately I shall concede, The problems have most likely come around from the update changes on multiple fronts of the mod. Causing weird behavior, I tested the bees on a new world, went back to .9 then up-to .12 no problem. I also tested the carpenter problem with the same process. A casualty she shall be, no huge loss though. T'is the fickleness of modding. Happy to help :D

I think I remember that error from before.

Did you create that or spawn it in? I once had the same problem because I tried to spawn in a pick which was made of a material not in the pack.

this was created by a member. I have about 2-5 players asking for their player file to be deleted to fix an issue like this

2013-06-11 10:01:46 [iNFO] [Minecraft-Client] Stopping!

2013-06-11 10:01:46 [iNFO] [sTDERR] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -5

2013-06-11 10:01:46 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_85057_a(CrashReport.java:258)

2013-06-11 10:01:46 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72914_a(World.java:4399)

2013-06-11 10:01:46 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:646)

2013-06-11 10:01:46 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:571)

2013-06-11 10:01:46 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:127)

2013-06-11 10:01:46 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:469)

2013-06-11 10:01:46 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

2013-06-11 10:01:47 [iNFO] [Minecraft-Server] Stopping server

2013-06-11 10:01:47 [iNFO] [Minecraft-Server] Saving players

2013-06-11 10:01:49 [iNFO] [sTDERR] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

2013-06-11 10:01:52 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]

2013-06-11 10:01:52 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] SoundSystem shutting down...

2013-06-11 10:01:52 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com

2013-06-11 10:01:52 [iNFO] [sTDOUT]

@CanVox: This has been happened once while opening up in creative single player. Other times they've been shutting down randomly. All I've done is gen a world and then walk around within the same chunk and open the inventory for two minutes.

I will be happy to get pastebins of the past 3 FML logs if that will help, but each are different.

Hi, Stone Rhino, this is enough to help you: open the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the launcher and check the checkbox. If you haven't yet, you'll probably want to increase your allocation up to at least 2Gb, but you're crashing because you don't have the checkbox checked.