Let's Test Tekkit 1.1.1!

CanVox

Hey, everyone,

I've just promoted Tekkit 1.1.1 to Latest. There are a ton of key mod updates, the update to Minecraft 1.5.2, along with several new mods! We've got Project Bench, a direct drop-in replacement for the RP2 project bench, a couple new generators, Logistics Pipes, and Simple Power Storage, by Technic's sct! SPS adds a "Makeshift Energy Cell" which can be used as an early-game alternative to the Redstone Energy Cell!

If you're interested in helping test, back up your worlds (SSP or server) and set your launcher up to use the "Latest" build, or manually select version 1.1.1. Play with us and report issues in this thread!

This is a clean slate, so even if you've already reported an issue elsewhere, if it's present in 1.1.1, be sure to report it in this thread.

The 1.1.1 server can be downloaded here: http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/tekkitmain/Tekkit_Server_v1.1.1.zip

Changelog for Tekkit 1.1.1- this is a list of all changes since 1.0.6:

- Update Forge to build 723.

- Corrected a rare crash bug in the Forge transparency fix

- Added Project Bench version 1.7.5

- Added Atomic Science version 0.5.3.51

- Added MFFS version 3.0.2.124

- Added Open Peripheral version 0.1.5

- Added Buildcraft: Logistic Pipes version 0.7.3.6

- Added Simple Power Storage version 1.0.10

- Equivalent Exchange 3 version pre1h has had a crash bug removed

- Balkon's Weapon Mod updated to version 1.12

- bspkrsCore updated to version 2.07

- Buildcraft updated to version 3.5.3

- Chicken Chunks updated to version 1.3.2.11

- Code Chicken Core updated to version 0.8.6.12

- Computer Craft updated to version 1.53

- CoFH Core updated to version 1.5.2.2

- Custom LAN Ports updated to version 1.5.2

- Dimensional Anchors updated to version 55.0.1

- Equivalent Exchange 3 updated to version pre1h

- Ender Storage updated to version 1.4.2.10

- Immibis Core updated to version 55.1.2

- Iron Chests updated to version 5.2.6.412

- MineFactory Reloaded updated to version 2.6.2.924

- Mystcraft updated to version 0.10.4.00

- Not Enough Items updated to version 1.5.2.21

- Nether Ores updated to version 2.1.5.75

- Omni Tools updated to version 3.1.4.0

- OpenCCSensors updated to version 1.5.2.0

- PowerCrystals Core updated to version 1.1.6.107

- Rei's Minimap updated to version 3.3_06

- Thermal Expansion updated to version 2.4.3.0

- Applied Energistics updated to version 10.n

- Steve's Carts updated to version 2.0.0.a117

- Dimensional Doors updated to version 1.3.6.73

- Modular Powersuits updated to version 0.7.0.534

- MPS Addons updated to version 0.2.3.144

- Immibis Microblocks updated to version 55.0.1

- Backpacks updated to version 1.9.11

- Treecapitator updated to version 1.5.2.r01

- Trade Booth updated to version 0.4

- Buildcraft: Additional Pipes updated to version 2.3.0

- Galacticraft updated to version a0.1.35.297

First note, in order to make circuts you need Unamed 149 which I assume was something from MEK- and you need those to make reactors - making atomik science unusable until fixxed. For posterity going to edit this post with more stuff I find.

EDIT 1: Still getting POP from Ddoors when traveling through a DDoor you seem to pop on the other side which can cause issues if the area you come out in is only 2 blocks high (or higher it seems) but it will cause you to pop through ceilings/floors for a second then pop back.

EDIT 2: Haz Mat suit uncraftable, this may be my own idiocy but I assume MEK is coming back before final release of the next version just not in this build so my pointing these out may not be as helpful as I first thought?

EDIT 3: Seem to have no problem generating positive powercycles on the rest of atomic energy. Going to move to other stuff. single cycle (4x64 deuterium + one full redstone energy cell for ignition) of my quad fusion core seems to produce A LOT of power(4 full cells with some lost by lack of bandwidth i think + what it needed to self-power.). would recommend those that wish to experiment with this use no fewer than 4 redstone cells per reactor in PARALLEL not series, because the reactor puts out more than 100m/j a tick you may lose it if it is not take in somewhere not sure.

Opening my inventory is causing my client to crash, hard. I've reset the modpack from the launcher, and also deleted the entire tekkitmain directory. No dice. Plays fine, until I try to open my inventory.

I'm running OS X 10.8.4 with Java build 1.6.0_45.

[Edit 1: I should say too that I get no crash report, just white screen, then the window disappears. No crash reports folder in ../tekkitmain either.]

[Edit 2: Upon more testing, doesn't seem to be inventory related, I get the same behavior just running around. It becomes slow to respond, then unresponsive, then freezes. Server logs register the client disconnects for a generic reason, then eventually the client application just closes itself.]

[Edit 3: Problem solved. I increased the RAM allocation in the launcher from 1GB to 1.5GB, and checked the 'permgen' box. What exactly does that permgen setting do?]

I posted before reading the other posts.

As for the high ore count, I'm sure it's just a small oversight. Maybe someone accidentally put the Big Dig ore configurations into Tekkit, since Big Dig also has super high ore counts, and all ores at all heights.

EDIT: Yup, as I suspected. Thermal Expansion's World config is now configured in such a way that all ores spawn between layers 1-96, and in very high frequencies too. Probably just a small mixup.

First note, in order to make circuts you need Unamed 149 which I assume was something from MEK- and you need those to make reactors - making atomik science unusable until fixxed. For posterity going to edit this post with more stuff I find.

EDIT 2: Haz Mat suit uncraftable, this may be my own idiocy but I assume MEK is coming back before final release of the next version just not in this build so my pointing these out may not be as helpful as I first thought?

Mek will not be returning before this build goes rec (it'll HOPEFULLY be returning in the next major build), but it sounds like the issue is that basic components isn't getting loaded correctly. I'll investigate.

EDIT: Yup, as I suspected. Thermal Expansion's World config is now configured in such a way that all ores spawn between layers 1-96, and in very high frequencies too. Probably just a small mixup.

I'm not sure how I messed that up- my local copy of tekkit has the correct world configs, but the configs that went live are Big Dig's. Will fix.

[Edit 3: Problem solved. I increased the RAM allocation in the launcher from 1GB to 1.5GB, and checked the 'permgen' box. What exactly does that permgen setting do?]

The permgen setting increases the portion of minecraft's memory that is dedicated to the permanent generation, the section of memory that's used to load classes and jars. I'm kind of worried about having a Tekkit version that requires memory fiddling, I'll see if it's possible to reduce permgen size a bit.

Ooops.

1) Inventory is shared. Each mod can see the storage in the other.

2) Crafting is uni-directional - You can craft LP recipes from within AE but LP does not show AE recipes

3) Remote requester delivers inventory correctly, but does not deliver crafting results (they go back into the system)

Now off to test the interdimensional stuff

Interdimensional linking of LP networks works well using Inventory System Connector Pipes and Item Tesserects. (They do not seem to require a frequency card though?)

Remote bases now have full access to the home base inventory (both AE and LP) and remote LP crafting.

This is awesome as I can now move my laggy sheep and cow breeding/grinding elsewhere.

Also tested the remote orderer pipe / ender chest / ender pouch combo and all works. Pretty cool requesting additional stuff as I'm flying through the Nether ;)

Mek will not be returning before this build goes rec (it'll HOPEFULLY be returning in the next major build).

D'aww factories were op, and I like the alternative energy storage-transfer conduits are cool but 2 way wires would be nice. oh well something to look forward too, no other problems since last night.

Just found a minor crash bug :) Nothing to worry about ;)

If the Evolved Skeleton Boss grabs you: Do not try to read the PRC Owner's Manual or open something like Book & Quill! Will crash Minecraft...

But I think it will not occur that often during the usual gameplay ;)

Also noticed the already mentioned "tits high" BigDig ore density.

btw I added the newest Optifine. Dunno if thats the reason...

Just found a minor crash bug :) Nothing to worry about ;)

If the Evolved Skeleton Boss grabs you: Do not try to read the PRC Owner's Manual or open something like Book & Quill! Will crash Minecraft...

But I think it will not occur that often during the usual gameplay ;)

Also noticed the already mentioned "tits high" BigDig ore density.

btw I added the newest Optifine. Dunno if thats the reason...

I definitely wouldn't recommend adding optifine. :-P Can you get me the crash log for when the skeleton dude grabs you? Even if it's not my fault, and not something that should delay tekkit, I can give crash logs to the modders and they like hearing about weird bugs liek this.

haha, it is ;) I was just messing around and it happened to be in my taskbar when I accidentally clicked it ;)

This is using the "Book & Quill"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3qk69vvkuwwdvk/Book%20and%20Quill%20Crash.txt

This is using "PRCs Owner's Manual"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d37dn08pmhurl6n/PRC%20Owner%20Manual%20Crash.txt

I just tested it with a fresh install of Tekkit 1.1.1 without Optifine, still crashes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl4azf3usjmlikg/Book%20and%20Quill%20Crash%20pure%20Tekkit%201.1.1.txt

I hope it helps ;)