Let's Test Tekkit 1.1.1!

CanVox

So I had to turn of the bigdig type ore generation and I think did it right. Just went into /Config/CofH/World.cfg and set "B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration=false". I also had trouble with Mojang screen stuck with a white screen when I updated modpack. I was able to fix that by setting the launcher to install to a new folder (deleting the Tekkit mod folder didn't help). And I noticed the "Basic Circuit 8984" requires "Copper Wire" in the recipe but that does not exist so NEI shows "Unnamed 149" in the recipe.

Ok, I thought I had TE circutry figured out, but after playing with atomic science I am more confused than ever, so a series of questions

1) does redstone conduit have a max capacity of MJ/t transfer? if yes what is it?

2) does an energy tesseract have a transfer capacity MJ/t? If yes again what is it?

3) why do redstone energy cells drain one at a time when wired in parallel into a tesseract if it has no capacity limit and the stuff on the other side can handle faster energy transfers?

4) regarding AS/UE values whats the conversion rate of MJ-KW? - reason I ask is I would like to know how much energy a fusion reactor will draw to start it's reaction so i can tell if the output is correct in positive power cycles. The one way nature of power conduits may end up getting in the way of setting up any better reactors at the moment idk. May put off building more till we get to a later patch and add mek.

1) Don't think it has a max I know if it does have a max it is higher than 500MJ/t

2) Energy tesseract max at 100MJ/t (think default setting is 25%loss so would be 75MJ/T)

3) i think it randomly picks cells to drain from and if you required enough energy it would drain from them all. Also there is an output setting on the cell.

4) dunno i will try to test it when i get that far. i would like to know also

Hope that helped

So in order to simultaneously drain 4 rec's through tesseracts I would have to use 4 senders and 4 receivers? See the odd thing about that is I hooked up a second input pipe(on the same parallel circuit of recs) into the tesseract and the second one started draining as well, It may be that it can send 100mj/t but it needs ~135mj a tick because it loses the 25% before it is actually sent. does that make sense? still that's kinda frustrating, I was operating under the illusion that the tesseracts could send any amount of energy a tick thus setting up all my recs into parallel setups. I may have to rethink my whole power schema then.

• Discord Moderator

So in order to simultaneously drain 4 rec's through tesseracts I would have to use 4 senders and 4 receivers?

Well, by default, yes. However, both the max transfer AND the energy loss are simple config settings. Change them to be more balanced and able to deal with higher power and it becomes a non-issue.

I'll be honest I couldn't give two shits about the loss, I'm just surprised at the transfer rate max. I may change that setting, I was operating for a while a 2base setup pulling power from 6rec's and 6 biofuel reactors to power both bases, and at peak operation they could pull about 140 or so a tick, now peak operation was rare but it could happen. I guess with the new mining laser having such a high power requirement this is the first I've run into this as an issue. I guess it's not really a cost issue to just make more racts but esthetically my powerplant is gonna look way worse.

Great update and all, already updated my server to 1.1.1, but it is running a constant 15 tps without any crash reports or forge errors, 1.0.6 runs 20, 1.1.1 causes about 2 second lag spikes constantly. Playable but a little annoying. any suggestions? (not dimensional doors and mystcraft are removed)

Edit: Turned chickenchunks chunkloaders down to max 1 chunks per loader, runs 20 tps ._.

Got another bug :) This one is actually important ;)

When activating the F7 "Monsterspawning-Grid", it doesn't stick to the surface. See screenshot. It flies through the air depending on the viewing angle. Just Tekkit installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pus4g0ho5yzj8ap/Spawngridbug.jpg

Also the F9 Chunk grid is affected:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8b18qvv9yjdeox/Gridbug.jpg

Only the blueish Chunkwalls are fine.

So I had to turn of the bigdig type ore generation and I think did it right. Just went into /Config/CofH/World.cfg and set "B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration=false". I also had trouble with Mojang screen stuck with a white screen when I updated modpack. I was able to fix that by setting the launcher to install to a new folder (deleting the Tekkit mod folder didn't help). And I noticed the "Basic Circuit 8984" requires "Copper Wire" in the recipe but that does not exist so NEI shows "Unnamed 149" in the recipe.

Setting "B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration=false" only solves the vanilla ores. The default world.cfg with this version has inflated values for nearly everything. For instance, Emerald is part of the custom config and there is also a TE section, both are seperate from default:

####################

# emerald

#===================

# <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Emerald; Defaults: ClusterSize = 5, NumClusters = 6, MinY = 5, MaxY = 96

####################

emerald {

I:BlockId=129

I:BlockMeta=0

I:ClusterSize=5

I:MaxY=96

I:MinY=5

I:NumClusters=6

B:RetroGen=true

}

I tried to compare the values to my 1.0.6 install but it doesn't have most of these ore types. Does anyone have a suggestion? I've been waiting to install until this config file is accurate to normal gen.

I'm having an issue with Computer Craft terminals. It seems like they no longer output to RedNet Cables. I had a CC Terminal cycling my Combustion Engine arrays so they don't overheat and explode, but since the update its as if the terminal just refuses to output to the RedNet Cable. I've checked that my code is still correct and a signal gets output to normal redstone dust, however it would also seem that the command to turn off the redstone output is not working either, once the terminal powers the redstone dust, there is no way to turn it off with out breaking the terminal.

I also tried advanced CC Terminals to see if that would help, sadly it did not.

Hi, cybird,

The way CC terminals interact with rednet changed in 1.53- a computercraft terminal no longer outputs to a single channel as if it were redstone dust. Instead, you use the bundled cable API and treat the rednet cable as bundled cable.

Hi, CanVox,

is there a possiblity to get the correct world.cfg? You said it is obviously the wrong one and I tried to correct the values myself, but I don't have the defaults for the "custom" ores: uranite/quartz/osmium/enderore/emerald/apatite/aluminium/essence.

If that's not possible, where could I get these values?

Would be great if I could fix that and get started :)

1.1.2 doesn't have the basic components bugs fixed, it looks like that's gonna need a bit more work on my part, but everything else should be running great- I'll throw it up now to see if anyone finds something new, and then when I fix the basic components bug, 1.1.3 should be our rec build.

Hi, cybird,

The way CC terminals interact with rednet changed in 1.53- a computercraft terminal no longer outputs to a single channel as if it were redstone dust. Instead, you use the bundled cable API and treat the rednet cable as bundled cable.

Thanks that sorted it out, for others that may have the same issue simply change your code from

rs.setOutput("[DIRECTION]", true/false) to rs.setBundledOutput("[DIRECTION]", 1/0)

Obviously there are more complex uses and you should go view a tutorial if you don't know about the Bundled API but making this simple code change worked with my basic control program.

Also a tutorial on the bundled cable API using redpower can be found here