[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

Well, poop. I don't know then. I guess I'll just have to screw with that mod at some future date. So far that's the only entity that doesn't work with it, though.

If it helps, (probably won't, but I'll try), I discovered that the sides of ICBM launchers kind of do the same thing. (Only the middle bit is actually a block, and the side towers move with the middle bit even if you only move it. You can actually place your own blocks over the side towers manually if you wish.)

22D8iWX.png

I added the .zip to "C:UsersarneAppDataRoaming.techniclaunchertekkitmods", now the client seems to take abit longer to leave the mojang startup screen, and when trying to connect it says that forge mod loader could not connect because the mod JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion:2.2.0.0 could not be found.

edit: I want to have this in addition to the tekkit main pack

ah, thanks a lot!

It all starts up now but i can't craft the new items =/

and they don't show up to the right of the inventory.

edit: the mod is in the modlist when i look in the client, but i can't make any of the items even if i start a new singleplayer game.

ah, thanks a lot!

It all starts up now but i can't craft the new items =/

and they don't show up to the right of the inventory.

edit: the mod is in the modlist when i look in the client, but i can't make any of the items even if i start a new singleplayer game.

That sounds like the same thing that happened when I had compiled the mod with a corrupted toolchain, but I haven't seen anyone else complaining about that problem with the newest version. Do any other older versions of the mod work?

Well you really cant thank jakj enough, so just small tribute to his work...

Water get in minisub because of too thin walls. You need at least 2 blocks to prevent bath. :D

That is massively wicked and sweet. And I need to know what that music is.

I asked about submarine using RIM in page 32(i think it was not possible to move frames underwater) lol and here we go.

May as well be an official trailer. I added it to the top of the list of spotlight videos.

Wow thx it was not meant to be official trailer just small showcase of RIM awesomeness. Anyway can i ask about "Project Red" or "Wireless Redstone Chicken Bones Edition" support?(now they break after movement) Or do i need to ask mod creators of those mods instead of you jakj?

I just tried the version 2.1.0.2 and 2.1.0.1, but no luck.

but since its working for others i guess it has to do with me.

this is what i do:

1. download the mod.

2. put the compressed zip in mods folder of the tekkit server and my clients tekkitmain mod folder.

3. start the server and the game

4. make sure the mod is in the modlist

5. connect and try to craft a carriage crosspice

but none on the above versions, nor the latest work for me. But the server gets a dependency and kicks everyone that does not have the mod.

if you need any logs or anything just tell me.

I wish this would get included in the standard build =)

WR disappear same as 80% of PR after move to any direction.

btw check pm

What the hell version are you using? Multipart support (including wireless redstone) was added some time ago, and I just tested it now and I moved a wireless transmitter without issue.

I got your PM about the music.

Here's an interface mockup I did for the "Craftin' Cheap" in-game recipe editor, to see if you guys have any feedback.

This is in the "add a recipe" mode. The bottom is your inventory, obviously.

The top-left 9 squares are the crafting pattern. The buttons with 'X' on them mean "clear this slot". The buttons with the shovel icon mean "match the tool with any damage level, not just exactly", so in this example, the diamond sword must be completely undamaged but the flint-and-steel can be damaged and the pattern will still match. The buttons with the anvil icon mean "match the tool with the forge ore/material dictionary", so in this example, the sticks will match sticks from any mod, but the birch plank must be a vanilla birch plank.

The buttons on the top-right by the result slot (once a result item is placed in there, of course) mean "increase by one", "decrease by one", "increase by ten", and "decrease by ten".

I haven't added the tabs yet that let you select the other modes; This is just a preview idea.

3mm5QRG.png

In terms of how it works with actually modifying the recipes, it's going to kind of override them and kind of encapsulate them.

In case you didn't already know, there are five kinds of recipes in Minecraft: "shaped" (items have to be a specific shape), "shapeless" (items just have to be there, in any shape), "shaped ore" (like "shaped" but uses ore dictionary), "shapeless" (like "shapeless" but uses ore dictionary), and "custom" (special handler that uses its own logic).

All vanilla recipes are either regular shaped or shapeless, and forge adds the ore ones (and replaces some vanilla ones with ore ones). These are not tough to handle: They're static and never change, and can easily be edited.

Custom recipe handlers are tougher: You can't interact with them beyond "does X crafting inventory match your pattern, and if so, what is the result", because they have additional complex logic. For example, I use a custom recipe handler for decorating carriages, which just looks through the inventory it's given for the parts it needs and spits out a result. If I didn't do that, I'd have to iterate through all 16 meta values for all 4095 blocks and add recipes for every single one of them, for each frame type, plus double those recipes to change them back. Ouch.

So, let's say a mod uses a custom recipe handler for something fancy, and you want to change just one of those recipes, but not completely obliterate the entire custom handler. This mod would add a wrapper around that recipe that says "If my input matches X pattern, then the result is Y; otherwise, pass it through to the custom handler and let it decide".

Forestry, for example, uses a custom recipe handler for all of its stuff (which is why it's a pain in the ass to get working with NEI), so this would allow you to override just one forestry recipe instead of destroying forestry crafting entirely.

Wireless Redstone should work fine. Does it not? And this is the first I've heard about problems with project red.

Redstone In Motion 2.2.0.0 install this:

CodeChickenLib-universal-1.6.2-1.0.0.24.jar ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.2-1.0.0.151.jar 
 which work perfectly. But Project Red 1.6.2-4.0.1.4 install this: 
 CodeChickenLib-universal-1.6.2-1.0.0.29.jar ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.2-1.0.0.171.jar 

...which break WR-CBE and PR on frames. Now i cant force PR to use older versions as it will download 171 anyway. I already reported this issue to Mr_TJP.

Oh yeah, I'm not compatible with the newest version of Forge Multipart. If some other mod you're using requires it, you're going to have to choose between that mod and this one until I add support. If that mod doesn't actually require that version of Multipart but is forcing you to upgrade it anyway, then that mod author is an idiot.

Well it would appear in the latest update, multiparts pop off frames again

No, they don't: I've tested it myself. There is another combination of things happening that's causing a problem, but the code works. For reference, my last testing was Minecraft 1.6.2, Redstone In Motion 2.2.0.0, Forge 9.10.0.835, CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.5, Forge Multipart 1.0.0.153, and WR-CBE 1.4.0.5. If you are getting problems, post the problem (with enough detail that I can tell what the hell is going on, such as a before/after screenshot), your Forge log (the whole thing, but if it's too big, you can cut off some of it that isn't exceptions or mod version numbers).