[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

It's going to be nice and simple, one slash command (easy to control access by login name) that opens a GUI to do everything. It'll work like normal crafting with items in your inventory, but without consuming them, and will store the results in a file to load each time.

Your mod would be the bane of GregTech.

Or was that the intent?

If he gives a fuck what individual players or servers do with his mod for their private use, he needs to take that fuck and make a flying leap over it. It's not his business.

If he gives a fuck what individual players or servers do with his mod for their private use, he needs to take that fuck and make a flying leap over it. It's not his business.

I agree. But to hear him tell it, he has the right to crash your game depending on what program you use to start your game.

If nobody mentions G***T*** any more, maybe Greg won't notice and won't make game crash if your mod is installed as well. Who's Greg?

I can code around any DRM anyone inserts in their mod, should they do so. Let's not bother talking about it.

I've decided to call it Craftin' Cheap, an homage to Cookin' Cheap, which was part of my childhood and filmed only miles away from the town in which I grew up.

jakj: As I recall, there was a time you suggested the FtB team were a little too eager to fall over themselves to please a certain modder. I believe you said something about sucking someone's dick and they tilted on it. (I'm not trying to be smarmy here, I'm saying "I believe" because I can't find a link ATM).

That was Hephinator and it was "Did she [Eloraam] promise you all blowjobs?" It was tilted from insinuating that the love for Eloraam was as intense as if a sexual favor was on the line into something sexist, but I don't see how they could've misattributed it so badly while also making an entirely new misinterpretation, so Vauthil was probably talking about something else.

Hmmm, recipe altering sounds like it will lead to some drama, but if server admins are wise they should make it Ops-only and it would solve situations where a recipe is impossible to satisfy and normally NEI cheating has to be done for every recipe use (Dire's Forgecraft 2 server as an example where this happens a lot).

What drama could it possibly cause? Minecraft already syncs with the server so if someone were to try to cheat with this, it would just show up on the client for a split second and then clear.

Server X runs GregTech with recipe altering and changes recipes to keep the good parts of GregTech (they're there, buried underneath many unnecessary slowdowns), but make it easier. Almost guaranteed drama once Greg notices.

Oh, so it requires the files to be manually added after they're made? I was thinking this would be something where as long as you had the permissions, you could put in the recipe and it would automatically show up next time the server restarts, which would mean privileged players below Ops would be able to use it. I was thinking it was more complicated/convenient.

If you have permission (or are in single player), when you add or removea recipe in the GUI, it will immediately change the loaded recipes and it will also store to disk for next time the game starts. It is as convenient as it could possibly be.

The server will be able to allow or deny people from using the command just like anything else.

I'm sure he's some 13-year-old wanker who's had way too much power go to his head, because that's exactly what he acts like every time I have the misfortune of reading his posts.

I'm curious what makes you so certain, and why you felt the need to say this even then.

I'm curious what makes you so certain, and why you felt the need to say this even then.

My conclusion is based off of several personal conversations with slowpoke regarding various things including modding, permissions, and custom servers. His logic was so beyond flawed I could only assume he was either mentally impaired or simply not mature enough to know any better. At one point I had compiled a rather extensive list of evidence of why software licenses exist, why they are necessary, and why people distributing software should abide by them. He responded with a completely immature and childish temper tantrum and essentially told me to fuck off (this was in regards to his absurd rule of requiring written permission on licensed software).

The recent rumors I've heard of FTB trying to move to a business model has me rather interested because with slowpoke at the lead it really has no hope of going anywhere.

... The recent rumors I've heard of FTB trying to move to a business model has me rather interested because with slowpoke at the lead it really has no hope of going anywhere.

Rumors? It's on their own news page that they're going to sell FTB brand merchandise and open a store for mod authors to sell merchandise.

Remember to tell me if the 1.6.x build has any problems in 1.6.3 or 1.6.4, though from the tweets that Searge and CPW sent out, it shouldn't.

I'll go load up 1.6.4 with just about every publicly released mod I feel like using and that works with the forge version for 1.6.4 (sadly no MPS. it complains about noclassdeffoundexceptions on launch for things it obviously has. Suspect a simple build error since it's a recent experimental build), build a few ridiculous things in creative, and see how it goes.

The 1.6.3 changes were due to something coming in 1.7 that will break worlds, so 1.6.3 redid world generation and storage in some way that allows a transition to 1.7 without breaking (if a world is loaded in 1.6.3 at some point). The 1.6.4 changes are to fix what they fucked up in 1.6.3.

According to CPW, the only real problem is with mods that do fancy worldgen like custom structures, which crashes the game.

Hi, i use your mod in the newest Tekkit mod pack and i just realized that the carriage do not move the Buggy. There is no errors ... just the buggy staying in the air or entering the block if pushed. I went in the config file to see if i could tweak something to make it work but i found nothing interesting.

Hi, i use your mod in the newest Tekkit mod pack and i just realized that the carriage do not move the Buggy. There is no errors ... just the buggy staying in the air or entering the block if pushed. I went in the config file to see if i could tweak something to make it work but i found nothing interesting.

I'll be happy to help, but I have no clue what you are even talking about. How about some screenshots showing me what is not working?

Okay, what the crap mod is that thing from? Is it blocks or is it an entity? If it's an entity, the only thing I can think of is that maybe it's got some weird super-huge bounding box that's not getting encapsulated when I test for entities during motion.

The config file does have settings for which entities can get picked up by carriages, but by default they're all on, so if you haven't changed them, they should be working. Try making your platform wider so it's not kind of hanging a little over the edge.

Also, it would be useful to go into the game, try to get it to move and fail, and then immediately post your ForgeModLoader-client-0.log (by pastebin, in a private message, or using the CODE forum tags).

I find it utterly hilarious that Redstone in Motion is immobilizing that buggy.

1.6.4 compatibility seems fine. I wasn't able to test mod interaction due to numerous incompatibilities with the new forge version, though.

Also, is it intended behavior that a motor/engine doesn't move frame carriages on more than one side? I can't remember discussion on it in this thread.

EDIT:link to Moon Buggy page

I find it utterly hilarious that Redstone in Motion is immobilizing that buggy.

1.6.4 compatibility seems fine. I wasn't able to test mod interaction due to numerous incompatibilities with the new forge version, though.

Also, is it intended behavior that a motor/engine doesn't move frame carriages on more than one side? I can't remember discussion on it in this thread.

Incompatibilities with my mod, or the other mods?

All drives require carriages on only one side, but you can sneak-activate sides with a screwdriver to disable them, allowing you to hook a carriage up to that side and it will be ignored.

From the way that page is worded, I have to assume it's an entity, and I find the likeliest thing to be that it simply is too big to be detected on that platform. It doesn't look too tall, so probably the platform just needs to be bigger in the four horizontal directions.

If that doesn't work, I'll take some time eventually to install the mod and mess with it myself, but it's can't be super-high on my priorities right now.

Okay, what the crap mod is that thing from? Is it blocks or is it an entity? If it's an entity, the only thing I can think of is that maybe it's got some weird super-huge bounding box that's not getting encapsulated when I test for entities during motion.

Its probably an entity since you can ride it like a minecart.

The config file does have settings for which entities can get picked up by carriages, but by default they're all on, so if you haven't changed them, they should be working. Try making your platform wider so it's not kind of hanging a little over the edge.

The config file is new and i haven't touched it. Tried to make the platform wider but no success.

Also, it would be useful to go into the game, try to get it to move and fail, and then immediately post your ForgeModLoader-client-0.log (by pastebin, in a private message, or using the CODE forum tags).

The log is too big to be posted on pastebin and as CODE tags (559k)