[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

Thanks for the quick response. This is a local single player world. When the crash initially happened I could load back up for a few seconds but I didn't manage to get a screenshot as I just thought it was another random crash. Everything looked mostly normal, I managed to switch a lever which should turn off the computer, and thus stop the machine from moving, so the frame is definitely not moving any more (indicated by blue light on motor).

The one thing I did notice, was that the conduits (which seem to be causing the error), weren't connecting to each-other, or to the mining wells. They all were rendered as disconnected single conduits. Realizing this I did try to quickly remove a few of them after turning off the motor, but didn't manage to get them all, and now the game instantly crashes when I load up the world.

As for the heavy load, again it's just on my local machine, which is pretty capable. I was starting to wonder if somehow the mined blocks had begun spilling into the world on the other end of the item tesseracts, but haven't been able to check. Is there any indication of this in the error? Regardless I don't think I had the machine running for long enough to cause this much performance hit on my machine, even if the items were spilling errr'where.

I'm going to have to look at all these errors later at home instead of on this tiny-ass phone screen. Overall, both of you describing lost state is caused by tile entities disappearing, thus being recreated as if the block was freshly placed but without any of the proper on-placement logic running.

Okay, let's start with kusiak's errors. 1) I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that the carriage fucking around in unloaded chunks caused the server and client portions to become desynchronized, and the client tried to render something that wasn't actually there. Carriages really should not be used in unloaded chunks, but I'll add some redundancy checking to at least make it not crash in that case. 2) The second crash was because the in-transit placeholder had corrupted information, tried to use it, and vomited everything back up. 3) The third crash probably just happened because the placeholder vomiting its contents incompletely cascaded the error into CB's mod. *) So basically, #2 and #3 just happened because #1 happened, so I'll try to make #1 not happen anymore.

Now, for captain_oats...I feel really bad for saying this, because you've done a very good job of helping to report this issue, but I'm still not sure what's even going on. It's part Heisenbug and part Schroedinbug, and as such it's reeeeeeally difficult to pin down at all. I won't give up trying, but for now...unfortunately, the best I can say is, "I dunno". It's a weird little thing that I just don't understand how it can possibly happen, and it doesn't seem to happen with any regularity or predictability. The way my code is written, it should not even be physically possible, and yet somehow, it is.

Now, for captain_oats...I feel really bad for saying this, because you've done a very good job of helping to report this issue, but I'm still not sure what's even going on. It's part Heisenbug and part Schroedinbug, and as such it's reeeeeeally difficult to pin down at all. I won't give up trying, but for now...unfortunately, the best I can say is, "I dunno". It's a weird little thing that I just don't understand how it can possibly happen, and it doesn't seem to happen with any regularity or predictability. The way my code is written, it should not even be physically possible, and yet somehow, it is.

Hey no worries man. I'll try loading up a previous save (hopefully not too far back), rebuilding my simple contraption and seeing if I can reproduce it.

I do actually remember one thing about the initial crash, however it might be completely irrelevant so bare with me.

Before it started crashing I exited the game by accident while the frame was mid-movement. Maybe that somehow explains the frankenblocks?

Anyways I do enjoy your mod, definitely an improvement from Redpower frames. Just want to say thanks. Small unnecessary suggestion, which I'm sure you've heard already, would be some sort of fuel consumption for the motors, or even MJ consumption. Also a built in timer would be convenient, however somewhat redundant. Thanks again.

I used the translocator to steal an entire end portal lava and everything. So now my end portal is conveniently located near my base.

End portals move with this? So much better than gavjenks bug. This is awesome. i played around with it today, and it's so great.

I do actually remember one thing about the initial crash, however it might be completely irrelevant so bare with me.

Before it started crashing I exited the game by accident while the frame was mid-movement. Maybe that somehow explains the frankenblocks?

Since you say "by accident" I guess you mean you didn't use the "Save and Quit to Title" button but rather just closed the window directly? Because if so, sure, that would explain it, because if you just simply close the window, you are effectively force-crashing it and leaving it in a corrupted state.

If you did use "Save and Quit to Title", then that wouldn't be it, because Minecraft is singly-threaded and it wouldn't even process the command to quit until it finished the initial tick cycle, at which point the carriage placeholder would be in a proper state and would save to disk without issue.

So, I was working on putting up the mod documentation in wiki format on ShoutWiki (because fuck Wikia, for many reasons), which was going fine, until today when the thing is basically dead. And then I look on their Facebook page, and it's people talking about frequent outages all over the place, some as much as a month long, and ShoutWiki posted a day ago to expect a blog post "soon".

Well, shit. Are there any non-Wikia wiki providers out there that don't suck? Ad-supported free, obviously.

Well, you can use Github as a basic wiki if you don't need anything fancy. There's wikispaces, but I don't know if they're any good.

Github does that? Dangit...alright, fine. :P I've had almost ten people now telling me I should use Github, so I guess I probably should.

Github does that? Dangit...alright, fine. :P I've had almost ten people now telling me I should use Github, so I guess I probably should.

Github does everything! :P

Well... pretty much, actually. You can host a website on github too using the "gh-pages" feature to have a website pull from a repo you maintain. There are quite a lot of nice features on Github.

Github does everything! :P

Well... pretty much, actually. You can host a website on github too using the "gh-pages" feature to have a website pull from a repo you maintain. There are quite a lot of nice features on Github.

I'm editing a Github wiki right now. It's rather ugly, but it's working fine. https://github.com/jakj/Redstone-In-Motion/wiki I'm *****very***** slowly bringing over the stuff from the Shoutwiki, but there's a couple pages so you can at least see it, if you're curious.

I searched the thread to see if anyone had mentioned world anchors from railcraft being a problem, and I didn't see anything, tested and got a crash.

MC crash report

Minecraft has crashed!     

----------------------     

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Ticking tile entity

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-09-16_06.48.06-server.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash 

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT d3d16048 --------

Full report at:

C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-09-16_06.48.06-server.txt

Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 9/16/13 6:48 AM

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.MotiveSpectreEntity.Release(MotiveSpectreEntity.java:180)

at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.MotiveSpectreEntity.func_70316_g(MotiveSpectreEntity.java:71)

-- Tile entity being ticked --

Details:

Name: JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion_MotiveSpectreEntity // JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.MotiveSpectreEntity

Block type: ID #3359 (tile.JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion_Carriage // JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.Carriage)

Block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000

Block location: World: (-94,102,247), Chunk: (at 2,6,7 in -6,15; contains blocks -96,0,240 to -81,255,255), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511)

Actual block type: ID #3359 (tile.JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion_Carriage // JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.Carriage)

Actual block data value: 0 / 0x0 / 0b0000

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2202)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:546)

-- Affected level --

Details:

Level name: bug test

All players: 0 total; []

Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 440 Drop: 86

Level seed: -5922963787254962361

Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: true

Level generator options:

Level spawn location: World: (-84,64,232), Chunk: (at 12,4,8 in -6,14; contains blocks -96,0,224 to -81,255,239), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511)

Level time: 6484 game time, 6484 day time

Level dimension: 0

Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil

Level weather: Rain time: 90693 (now: false), thunder time: 112815 (now: false)

Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:653)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:572)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:127)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:470)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(gp.java:35)

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.2

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_21, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 726393080 bytes (692 MB) / 1052770304 bytes (1004 MB) up to 4273995776 bytes (4076 MB)

JVM Flags: 15 total; -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=25 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20 -XX:NewSize=240m -XX:SurvivorRatio=10 -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=4 -XX:+PrintCommandLineFlags -XX:+PrintGCDetails -Xloggc:GC.log -Xmx4096m -Xms1024m

AABB Pool Size: 3948 (221088 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 2158 (120848 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 1, tallocated: 63

FML: MCP v7.51 FML v5.2.21.733 Minecraft Forge 7.8.0.733 16 mods loaded, 16 mods active

mcp{7.44} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

FML{5.2.21.733} [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Forge{7.8.0.733} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

CodeChickenCore{0.8.7.3} [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

NotEnoughItems{1.5.2.28} [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

mod_AutoSwitch{AutoSwitch v4.0.2 for Minecraft 1.5.2} [mod_AutoSwitch] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

mod_BetterGrassAndLeaves{1.5.2.F} [mod_BetterGrassAndLeaves] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

mod_ThebombzenAPI{ThebombzenAPI v2.0.0 for Minecraft 1.5.2} [mod_ThebombzenAPI] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

CCMultipart{1.0.0.149} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.5.2-1.0.0.149.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

CCMicroblock{1.0.0.149} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.5.2-1.0.0.149.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

McMultipart{1.0.0.149} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.5.2-1.0.0.149.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Railcraft{7.3.0.0} [Railcraft] (Railcraft_1.5.2-7.3.0.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

JAKJ_RedstoneInMotion{2.1.0.2} [Redstone In Motion] (RedstoneInMotion_2.1.0.2_mc1.5.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

WR-CBE|Core{1.4.0.1} [WR-CBE Core] (WR-CBE Core 1.4.0.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

WR-CBE|Addons{1.4} [WR-CBE Addons] (WR-CBE Addons 1.4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

WR-CBE|Logic{1.4.0.3} [WR-CBE Logic] (WR-CBE Logic 1.4.0.3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: 1211 (67816 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 258 (14448 bytes; 0 MB) used

Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['Ixion000000'/153, l='bug test', x=-27.00, y=102.50, z=20.00]]

Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

java.lang.NullPointerException

at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.MotiveSpectreEntity.Release(MotiveSpectreEntity.java:180)

at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.MotiveSpectreEntity.func_70316_g(MotiveSpectreEntity.java:71)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2202)

at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:546)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:653)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:572)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:127)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:470)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(gp.java:35)

--- END ERROR REPORT 2629e9bc ----------

My FML log was huge for some reason, the forums wouldn't let me post it. Hope pastebin is ok.

http://pastebin.com/zJufEsgm

My test setup is a small frame construct with one engine, receiving signal from Chickenbone's wireless redstone. It has one world anchor on it. When I'm near it in the same dimension, it works fine and moves the world anchor. When I go through a nether portal, it does its normal loading, and then I get this crash. I didn't test being far enough away in the same dimension to cause the world anchor to start chunk loading, I was close enough to keep it loaded myself until using the nether portal. If you need any more info, I'm more than willing to get it for you. Apologies if chunk loading or world anchors are already known to be broken.

Oh hey guys, I've just had this pointed out to me:

I guess this means the mod is cancelled in favour of Redpower for 1.7, right?

Riiiiiiight?

(No.)

Hell, wouldn't it be hilarious if she were to update, and even took the stuff out of my mod and stuffed it into hers? My license allows it. I would actually run naked down my town's Main Street and spend the night in jail for it, just to see that happen.