[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

Can I change the configuration of template carraige?

You have to break it and lay it down again.

2.1.0.0 and 2.1.0.1 crash on my 1.5.2 server. I have tried a clean server with only forge and Redstone In Motion. It runs fine in client.

here is the error log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot8nqgkskujh9bn/ForgeModLoader-server-0.log

Yay, my second stupid mistake by forgetting to remove one keyword. I'll fix it tonight.

You have to break it and lay it down again.

Yay, my second stupid mistake by forgetting to remove one keyword. I'll fix it tonight.

Can you improve it to make it re configurable? Sometimes it is just stupid to need to brake the whole set-up to add that one block

Can you improve it to make it re configurable? Sometimes it is just stupid to need to brake the whole set-up to add that one block

The amount of effort it would require to implement such a thing is not worth the small reduction in inconvenience it would generate.

The amount of effort it would require to implement such a thing is not worth the small reduction in inconvenience it would generate.

Actually, what about adding to an existing template setup? You already keep a list of locations, is it that difficult to drop an extra template carriage and poke the anchor to re-build the list?

Possibly, but it would require rewriting several algorithms or implementing a new item. Also, it would just lead to even more complaints if I didn't then also implement removing one.

I guess I can put it on the "maybe if I ever feel like it" list, but the things are ridiculously powerful already. I'd also not like to remove nearly every reason to not use any carriage type except them.

Possibly, but it would require rewriting several algorithms or implementing a new item. Also, it would just lead to even more complaints if I didn't then also implement removing one.

I guess I can put it on the "maybe if I ever feel like it" list, but the things are ridiculously powerful already. I'd also not like to remove nearly every reason to not use any carriage type except them.

I would also be very interested in this if it were possible

If someone can come up with a process that makes sense and is simple for the player to add a position to an existing template as well as to remove a position from an existing template, I'll consider it. No GUIs.

hmm to add to a frame you could make a special frame block that you 1st click on the closed frame block you want to add to, creating a "link" then place it down where you want to add it.

and to remove maybe open up the shadow templet showing you the active frames and click on one with the screwdriver?

just my 2 cents when i read your post,

hope this helps some!

-Paint

Okay, nevermind all that: I thought of a way to do it.

*) Craft a regular screwdriver with a bucket of water and a ball of clay: Becomes a constructive screwdriver. Place down a new template-carriage block where you want to add something to the existing pattern, and use the constructive screwdriver on the patterned template-carriage block to re-absorb the pattern. If the new block would have been added to the pattern in the first place had it been present, the pattern will now contain it.

*) Craft a constructive screwdriver with a bucket of lava: Becomes a destructive screwdriver. Place down a new template-carriage block where you want to remove something from the existing pattern, and use the destructive screwdriver on the patterned template-carriage block to remove that block from the pattern (or blocks, if multiple were placed down). This will allow someone to create a template with holes in it.

I'll put it in a future release, but not any time soon. Maybe for 1.7 unless 1.7 takes a long time to get here, in which case it'll come before. (Yes, everything will still be backported.)

I really hope this doesn't make everyone use nothing but template carriages for everything everywhere from that point on, because that would kind of piss me off. It's their right to choose how they want to use the mod, of course, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

Another bugfix patch!

Stupid mistake #2. Shall we go for 3? (This, folks, is why you remember to give new releases a little time before you push them out to public servers and packs.)

2.1.0.2 - MC 1.6.x

2.1.0.2 - MC 1.5.x

RECENT CHANGES (full list in "Changes.txt"):

2.1.0.1 -> 2.1.0.2

-- fixed a bug preventing the mod from being loaded on dedicated servers

By the way, to whomever has been keeping the "Not Enough Mods" bot list up-to-date with my releases: Thanks; By the time I remember that thing exists and go check, it's always already done.

The only way you'll beat me is if you update the list before posting a new version to the thread! :P

I'm trying to use the Carriage Controller, but when I call any of the movement methods, I get this error:

lua:52: JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.CarriageControllerEntity.callMethods(Ldan200/computer/api/IComputerAccess;Ldan200/computer/api/ILuaContext;I[Ljava/lang/Object;)[Ljava/lang/Object;

You're using a newer version of ComputerCraft, and there was an API change that mine hasn't been built against. I haven't yet decided the best way to support both versions at once, but in the mean time, the only way to get it working is to downgrade ComputerCraft.

Another bugfix patch!

Stupid mistake #2. Shall we go for 3? (This, folks, is why you remember to give new releases a little time before you push them out to public servers and packs.)

2.1.0.2 - MC 1.6.x

2.1.0.2 - MC 1.5.x

RECENT CHANGES (full list in "Changes.txt"):

2.1.0.1 -> 2.1.0.2

-- fixed a bug preventing the mod from being loaded on dedicated servers

As stated previously; I ignore all that kind of warnings and just go for the latest release whenever it gets here.

But I DO take back-ups before going for it :) And my users have been warned!

The 2.1.0.2 solved the problem on my dedicated server.

Thanks man! You're doing a great job here!

Okay, nevermind all that: I thought of a way to do it.

*) Craft a regular screwdriver with a bucket of water and a ball of clay: Becomes a constructive screwdriver. Place down a new template-carriage block where you want to add something to the existing pattern, and use the constructive screwdriver on the patterned template-carriage block to re-absorb the pattern. If the new block would have been added to the pattern in the first place had it been present, the pattern will now contain it.

*) Craft a constructive screwdriver with a bucket of lava: Becomes a destructive screwdriver. Place down a new template-carriage block where you want to remove something from the existing pattern, and use the destructive screwdriver on the patterned template-carriage block to remove that block from the pattern (or blocks, if multiple were placed down). This will allow someone to create a template with holes in it.

I know this is a feature thats planned for the future sometime and not a high priority, this is something I was just curious on.

Since in one case the existing pattern is checking to see if a template carriage is where it would naturally be included if it was there originally, and another is checking to see if a template carriage is in a place already in the pattern, neither of which is mutually exclusive per se.

Would it be possible or maybe simpler then two different screwdrivers/code to have the regular screwdriver when used on a patterned template block check both, see if a template carriage is where it would be added to the design and if a template carriage is in a spot for the pattern and update the pattern accordingly?

I know this is a feature thats planned for the future sometime and not a high priority, this is something I was just curious on.

Since in one case the existing pattern is checking to see if a template carriage is where it would naturally be included if it was there originally, and another is checking to see if a template carriage is in a place already in the pattern, neither of which is mutually exclusive per se.

Would it be possible or maybe simpler then two different screwdrivers/code to have the regular screwdriver when used on a patterned template block check both, see if a template carriage is where it would be added to the design and if a template carriage is in a spot for the pattern and update the pattern accordingly?

It would be simpler to use the regular screwdriver, and I could just hook it into sneak-activate and leave the nonsneak-activate as it is (which displays the ghost blocks). However, I must consider the fact that every other current use of the screwdriver is a toggle of some sort, that can be undone by simply doing it again, but this would introduce a use of it that creates and deletes things, especially since a player might well be sneaking while messing around with the carriage.

Which is more beneficial (and more common)? Not having to use a different tool to adapt a pattern, or not accidentally screwing a pattern if the player happens to be sneaking and happens to be using additional template-carriage blocks for some other purpose nearby?

So, random googling of myself found this in an IRC log:

[07:47:27] <Kodos> Apparently there's a bug with RiM, in that you need to break and replace the transmitting translocator each time you want to move something

Has anyone here experienced anything like this, or is this guy just doing it wrong? Since I don't have a bug report to go on because hey, he hasn't bothered to submit one.

(Sidenote: It's kind of annoying to google my mod and see people elsewhere describing it as "wip", "buggy", "too new", "flakey", and "crashy", when according to you all it works great and the few crash bugs I've fixed without too much delay. I'm trying to decide if you're trying to keep me buttered up, or if the rest of the Internet is just people who don't know how the fuck to use their computers.)

So, random googling of myself found this in an IRC log:

[07:47:27] <Kodos> Apparently there's a bug with RiM, in that you need to break and replace the transmitting translocator each time you want to move something

Has anyone here experienced anything like this, or is this guy just doing it wrong? Since I don't have a bug report to go on because hey, he hasn't bothered to submit one.

(Sidenote: It's kind of annoying to google my mod and see people elsewhere describing it as "wip", "buggy", "too new", "flakey", and "crashy", when according to you all it works great and the few crash bugs I've fixed without too much delay. I'm trying to decide if you're trying to keep me buttered up, or if the rest of the Internet is just people who don't know how the fuck to use their computers.)

I'd personally lean towards the end of that statement, but then I have never had a high opinion of humanity as a whole, individuals yes, humanity no. That said, I haven't personally encountered it but I will do a some more tests with translocators and see if I can cause any bugs.

Which is more beneficial (and more common)? Not having to use a different tool to adapt a pattern, or not accidentally screwing a pattern if the player happens to be sneaking and happens to be using additional template-carriage blocks for some other purpose nearby?

I can't speak for others, for me personally however I believe it seems more beneficial (and common) to be able to do everything for a specific mod with one tool (granted unless having something like omnitool many mods have their own single tool). I can think of a couple instances where an issue may arise, but in most cases wouldn't be an issue (if this was a carriage other then template more so, but since the pattern carriage is just one block to accidentally mis-click on) especially since this feature itself would be making it considerably easier to add or remove from a template pattern.

Half of those people are probably using it wrong, and the other half are using outdated versions. That's pretty much how it goes.

Not sure if it's what they meant (have a video showing what I tested at

), but I tested moving things on a frame that was just teleported (a trapdoor, moving items around inside, out of and into a chest, same with a ME drive) and moving a frame around a bit right after its been teleported on the test world and no issues I can see. I'll mess with them more to see if I can find any issues later as well.