[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

You know, I am tempted to contact the CC forums and discuss the creation of a wireless peripherals addon for the computers. Being able to link a moving carriage controller to a stationary computer wirelessly would be of such great benefit to everyone.

That would certainly take care of the issue with computers rebooting after motion. If you do contact them and they do end up giving a shit about the idea, you can mention my willingness to (reasonably) alter my code to support the needs of whatever method they end up using.

Sadly, it seems like newly registered users cannot make topics in the Suggestions forum, so I'll probably have to post a comment in the OpenPeripherals section, which kinda sucks, as it's only tangentially related.

What a lazy way to do it instead of using proper moderation. Oh well.

Some Mod Developers are a bit picky about some suggestions. Two examples I can think of is a decent amount of suggestions for Pixelmon and the Lightning rod for IC2

It's understandable: I'm picky myself whenever someone again suggests block rotation for my mod. I'm fine if they just don't want to do it; I just wanted to be sure it wasn't because they had something against me personally.

Oh, it doesn't happen enough to actually piss me off. (Mostly because I've alienated everyone on the planet except on this website, so I'm low-traffic. Meh.)

You would probably do well on a certain imageboard. You are too frank for your average modmaker fan to handle, and too forceful for your average modmaker to ignore. Sorry if this is turning into a character analysis.

You would probably do well on a certain imageboard. You are too frank for your average modmaker fan to handle, and too forceful for your average modmaker to ignore. Sorry if this is turning into a character analysis.

Eh, I have no regrets for my actions, so I have no regrets for the outcome. If people elswhere want to make up and spread nasty stories about me to sow distaste and disfavor, there's certainly nothing I can do about it. I miss some of the popularity I otherwise might have, but I like where I am now, so I suppose I have no cause to complain about a world that isn't perfect when that world is still quite good.

Popularity is overrated. The mod should stand as a reason why you're a good coder, nothing more. If you take pride in your work, great--but slapping it in other peoples faces does smack of ego issues, IMO. You don't do that, so you're right in my book.

The "hard mode" will include tiers of each item, requiring more materials for higher tiers, and the recipes there are now will be the base recipes for the lowest tier. There will also be energy requirements (at least Buildcraft, and possibly IC/UE support also). Also, some of the recipes will be alterable with my "Craftin' Cheap" mod that's currently WIP.

It is not possible for you to craft the Carriage Controller without ComputerCraft installed. You probably have it installed on your client, and if you try to craft it, it should just produce blankness as the server has no matching recipe to your client one.

That would be wonderful.

I think if you make it buildcraft power compatible, UE would handle it - I saw them connect in our pack to machines from various mods.

There is no need for Project Red if you already have thermal expansion installed! :D

http://ftbwiki.org/RedNet_Cable

http://ftbwiki.org/Programmable_RedNet_Controller

Any chunk loader should theoretically work just fine. But be aware of the issue that when it is moved, the chunk loading function disappears for the duration of the movement. Which means that the machine unloads from the world. To alleviate this problem, create a second, small carriage that only has a chunk loader on it, and move it and the main machine in turns. This ensures that your contraption is 100% chunk loaded at all times.

What an amazing mod! So much better than Eloraam's, although not quite balanced yet.

However, I seem to have found an annoying bug or incompatibility issue with WR-CBE. When you include a Wireless Receiver inside a Structure Carriage cuboid and pulse any redstone signal, it goes fine and works. But after the structure has moved, the Wireless Receiver becomes useless, in an always-on state that, however, sends no redstone signal and do not answer to a pulse from a Transmiter. What's up?

WR-CBE relies on Forge Multipart, and my support of Forge Multipart is incomplete: I do not yet correctly propagate scheduled ticks for the subparts. This means they move correctly, but they don't automatically update.

If you're willing to downgrade, I'm fairly sure that old versions of wireless didn't rely on updates and thus do work. At least I don't remember having a problem when I was first testing my multipart support.