Biofuel

pankake232

I had a pipe from bedrock to sea level (64 tall, I believe) and I've burned through nearly all of it powering an MFR Laser Drill. If you haven't updated Tekkit to 1.1.5 (not a recommended build yet, still testing), you won't be able to do that yet, but something to look forward to. Start generating even more, because that drill burns a LOT of MJ. I've got a biofuel/bioreactor setup with 8 different kinds of organics getting turned into fuel in 3 BioReactors, and the tube feeds an array of something like 30 or so BioFuel Generators.

wait so dash my tekkit build doesn't have the drill yet? When are they going to be putting it in the game

they're currently working on testing the next update to get it ready for "prime time"; I don't know that it's possible to put a specific deadline on it, since it likely depends on testing and bug feedback, but it can't be too much longer at this point. Soon.

I had a pipe from bedrock to sea level (64 tall, I believe) and I've burned through nearly all of it powering an MFR Laser Drill. If you haven't updated Tekkit to 1.1.5 (not a recommended build yet, still testing), you won't be able to do that yet, but something to look forward to. Start generating even more, because that drill burns a LOT of MJ. I've got a biofuel/bioreactor setup with 8 different kinds of organics getting turned into fuel in 3 BioReactors, and the tube feeds an array of something like 30 or so BioFuel Generators.

Slightly off topic - but just noticed this in the Thermal Expansion change Log. Seems that conduits no longer have loss and the Tesserect nerf is now down to 20%. Changes my proposed Laser Drill energy supply design a little.

Thermal Expansion

CHANGELOG

2.4.6.0:

-Added: TE Ores now have MFR laser foci.

-Bugfix: Config options properly renamed from before - sorry about that.

-Bugfix: Fixed a crash with the Wrench Turtle.

-Changed: Engines no longer shutdown.

-Changed: Steam Engine is now 4 MJ/t max.

-Changed: TE Ores are now more prevalent with MFR's laser drill.

2.4.5.0:

-Bugfix: Fixes an intermittent crash with the Crescent Hammer on high latency servers.

-Changed: Conduits and Energy Cells are now lossless.

-Changed: Tesseract Default Loss is now 20%.

-changed: Dispenser behavior tweaked to work with TE liquid buckets.

-Changed: Sawmill is better about cross-mod support. Mods which register recipes too late will still be missed.

-Changed: Some configuration options have been renamed. Sorry about that.

Steam engines are now 4MJ/t? That sounds a bit too strong for something that just needs a little bit of coal and water.

i agree if they gonna up the output of steam then it only makes sense that the magmatic should be upped to 6 imo

Personally I find it better at 4 MJ/t. Steam engines were only good for early game, and were easily outclassed by renewable ressources like biofuel or magmatic engines. Now, it'll be a new alternative that stays good in late game but is harder to fully automate with renewable ressources. It might be too good with an MFR tree farm, but we'll see.