My biggest problem with Hexxit is the lack of information

Dragonfel

So far I've enjoyed playing Hexxit quite a lot, it's a nice change of pace from the tech heavy mod packs which are so prevalent lately. The problem I'm having though is that there is no clear definition of gear tiers. In vanilla the progression of armor is leather<gold<iron<diamond, but now there's fur, scale, metal plated scale, chocobo disguise armor, cloth armor, multiple meteor armors, at least 4 different twilight forest armor sets, 3 different Hexxit special armor sets, and more.

Many of these mods add armor and weapons to the game without any information about how they stack up to other armors. Do a NEI search for "bow" and you'll find that there's at least 10 different bows to use now. Perhaps it's obvious that iron bows would be better than vanilla wooden ones, but where do nether material bows stack up against diamond ones? Is an ender sword dropped by a boss of a better dungeons castle better than a diamond sword? What exactly are the set bonuses of the Hexxit armors? How about the new enchants available?

Can anyone tell me what the best equipment is?

It would be helpful if we did, though. We have wiki.technicpack.net, but info is still being collected. Anything you contribute will help the next guy.

+1

As one of "the next guys", any help with the wiki is much appreciated. Even if you are copy/pasting from the mod's official wiki, it's better than nothing, which is what we have now. Someone wrote a Tekkit Guide for the Wiki that give you some starting ideas, something like that for Hexxit would be nice.

I've been starting on documenting Tinkers' Construct, which is woefully lacking in information even on the 'official' wikis.

Easiest thing you can do is to go to every mods forum or homepage and read about it to get more information. Dont think Technic team must give you that information

Been there, tried that. Here's a few tasty snippets from mod homepages/forums:

Natura/Tinker's Construct doesn't have any information about the bows they added at all.

Hexxit Armor site states that it has unique armors with awesome set bonuses never seen before in minecraft. Yet no clarification on what that even means.

Better Dungeons main forum page shows the crafting recipe for magic staffs, doesn't explain what they do. Shows tiny icons of boss drop weapons with no explanation.

That Scythe mod's forum page is filled with broken pictures and it's impossible to decyfer how to use the mod.

Chocobo mod's forum page has no information about the chocobo disguise armor.

Falling Meteors mod explains that the meteorite armor is equal to diamond but with less durability, but doesn't explain if freezarite and kekronite are the same.

Hexxit Armor: search NEI for "hex", Thief/Tribal/Scale sets of armor. Hexbiscus flowers drop Hex Essence, 4HE+1diamond->Hex Diamond, 4 Hex Diamond per armor set (1/piece).

I'm not sure why you posted this. He isn't asking for information on how to make them. He is asking about different tiers stacking up against each other.

I found a wiki at http://hexxit.wikia.com, it provides quite a bit of info.

As for the "never seen before armor", that's Tribal, Thief and Warrior armor. They all give special bonuses, like Tribal giving a Jump Bonus, or Thief a speed bonus. Both of those also give Night Vision.

Warrior armor gives you a lot of damage resistance from a lot of different damage types, IIRC.

Hexxit Armor: search NEI for "hex", Thief/Tribal/Scale sets of armor. Hexbiscus flowers drop Hex Essence, 4HE+1diamond->Hex Diamond, 4 Hex Diamond per armor set (1/piece).

I think the OP is looking for more information about the armors themselves, such as what kind of bonuses or special abilities does a given armor piece have. That type of information isn't always going to be readily available, some mod developers like a bit of mystery and discovery and like their users to figure things out on their own.

I'm totally lost as to all the new armors and weapons and staffs and thingamajigs. I've been playing on Tekkit lite or a custom made server with the Buildcraft and Redpower mods my husband likes, so I have no experience with most of these mods. That said, we have both been having a blast discovering new items, monsters, dungeons, etc. We've gotten stuck trying to kill the pirates on a ship we found, but they regenerate like mad so we've got that on hold until we figure out some of the fancy-shmancy weapons that'll kill those bastages.

I'd say explore, figure some of these things out for yourself, and keep checking the wiki for new information when you get stumped.

That Scythe mod's forum page is filled with broken pictures and it's impossible to decyfer how to use the mod.

You could say it was hard to "de-scythe-er".

Half the fun in modpacks is finding out what stuff does for your self. For example, ICBM's bombs and missiles are only fun when you're the one setting them off, not watching other people do it or explain it. Why, the whole point of Thaumcraft 3's research system is to create something yourself, not sneak onto someone's youtube page to see how to do it.

Explore it yourself!

Been there, tried that. Here's a few tasty snippets from mod homepages/forums:

Natura/Tinker's Construct doesn't have any information about the bows they added at all.

Hexxit Armor site states that it has unique armors with awesome set bonuses never seen before in minecraft. Yet no clarification on what that even means.

Better Dungeons main forum page shows the crafting recipe for magic staffs, doesn't explain what they do. Shows tiny icons of boss drop weapons with no explanation.

Chocobo mod's forum page has no information about the chocobo disguise armor.

Falling Meteors mod explains that the meteorite armor is equal to diamond but with less durability, but doesn't explain if freezarite and kekronite are the same.

I think that we all have to help out on the Hexxit Wiki :) Having a thought about to add information there off all the items when they have been tried out

• 1 month later...

So far I've enjoyed playing Hexxit quite a lot, it's a nice change of pace from the tech heavy mod packs which are so prevalent lately. The problem I'm having though is that there is no clear definition of gear tiers. In vanilla the progression of armor is leather<gold<iron<diamond, but now there's fur, scale, metal plated scale, chocobo disguise armor, cloth armor, multiple meteor armors, at least 4 different twilight forest armor sets, 3 different Hexxit special armor sets, and more.

Many of these mods add armor and weapons to the game without any information about how they stack up to other armors. Do a NEI search for "bow" and you'll find that there's at least 10 different bows to use now. Perhaps it's obvious that iron bows would be better than vanilla wooden ones, but where do nether material bows stack up against diamond ones? Is an ender sword dropped by a boss of a better dungeons castle better than a diamond sword? What exactly are the set bonuses of the Hexxit armors? How about the new enchants available?

Can anyone tell me what the best equipment is?

i have a link to a pickaxe to a pickaxe tier list that i made on the wiki. the Best armor is scale armor. the purple one. the best ranged weapon is a revolver. The best bow is the legia bow (best for somewhat close) otherwise the blazing bow. I actuelly dont know what the best sword is though, sorry. http://hexxit.wikia.com/wiki/Top_10_list:Pickaxe_Tiers