Living metal?

Tassyr

So, I'm utterly perplexed. I know the living metal stuff is supposed to self repair- but how do you get it to do that?

Hell, is there a guide to this mod- start to finish? I tried using the mod's site but most of it's been disabled, so you get only small blurbs...

Tassyr, I think it has to be at least on your hot bar if not your active weapon for it to heal, TC stuff with moss will regen on your hotbar and in your hand only, but if you just stick it in an inventory you don't get anything.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure I stuck a moss pick in my backpack and it still regenned over time.

I confirm that TC equips regen while in your inventory. My hotbar is always full so I thrown the equips I want repaired in there, and find them fully repaired at a later point.

About living metal, they don't seem to repair over time. Had a full armor set and didn't ever see it gain durability back. I think you need to harvest blood/souls to trigger the regen, but to be honest you're better off just using other equipments and repairing them with the enchanting table.

I found out that living metal repairs itself every time you collect a soul. it repairs a pic axe by two data values every time one soul is collected. It does not work with collecting blood. the overtime part is completely false. If you don't collect souls it will never repair itself

I found out that living metal repairs itself every time you collect a soul. it repairs a pic axe by two data values every time one soul is collected. It does not work with collecting blood. the overtime part is completely false. If you don't collect souls it will never repair itself
Collecting blood repairs the biomass gear. I can confirm that, I got biomass glaive I use to farm blood off zombies and it's pretty much at full durability all the time.

And yeah, in both cases, it repairs itself only when blood/soul is collected using the essence keeper.

Do you know if it also heals animals/mobs? It would be useful for a blood farm if it did.

if you need a blood farm just get a tier 5 zombie soul shard spawner, easy to fill up with the amount of spawners in the world

or for a little more effort a pig soul shard for blood+porkchops.