Atomic Science

danagor

Hello again, i'm starting to mess around whit this mod, and i can't find a way to power the centrifuge... i found a comment about orientation here on the forums, but that really didn't help much, also i googled it and i found lots of voltz tutorials, none for tekkit main (1.1.5)... i've tried to use conduits attached to a redstone energy cell to power the machines... nothing..., and the copper wire attaches to the machines but it doesn't attach to energy cells nor tesseracts... thanks in advance for the help and quick response :) happy weekend

Edit: i found a way to power AS batteries whit MFFS, i can power a Coercion Deriver with MJs, then i transfer some power to the AS battery, but when i put the filled battery into the centrifuge nothing happens... also i think this is an exploit, don't really know but you can make a LOT of energy whit that battery on the MFFS Coercion Deriver just, charge and de-charge the battery multiple times on the deriver and you'll get a lot more energy from it

centrifuge is powered, I think, but that's not a centrifuge, like not even close. That is a nuclear boiler, i think and you are pumping water into it which would do nothing. I think what you are looking for is a chemical seperator, which takes water and makes deuterium, and takes water and uranite and makes yellowcake, which you place into the boiler to get uranium hexaflouride, come to think of it that takes water too? not sure, point is idk what you thought you were doing is not what you are doing.

Chemical Separator and Nuclear Boiler Take water. Your Uranium goes into the Chemical Separator, then into your Nuclear Boiler. [Which you have backwards ;)]

Afterwards it goes into your Centrifuge to create the Uranium Patties which get crafted into Fissile Rods.

duh... i feel really stupid... now... let me recap... i want to process the raw uranite ore you would get from mining, i just saw a video from the AS Thread and they use that nuclear boiler (The one i'm trying to power) to make hexaflouride out of uranite ore and water, then the hexaflouride can be processed in a centrifuge giving uranite 235 or 238 don't remember wich, and then i could make the fuel needed to run a fission reactor... but i can't make these machines to work... not even with fully charged batteries

NVM... sorry i'm dumb... i putted the ore in the wrong slot... sorry thanks a lot for the help :)

i6FBABBE2-52BC-430E-970E-EBFDF4C6CC2B.jp

See, you can process uranite on a Nuclear Boiler to make hexafluoride :) IF you put the uraninite on the right slot... totally my bad :(

Now i'm having annother problem... the turbines on top of the fission reactors ain't working...

i8729F8BA-600A-4C9F-A859-8CEA3BF368EE.jp

i made 2 reactors with different heights just in case, none of them seems to work...

iE3184D2C-F65A-4838-978A-9511135365A3.jp

The turbines don't work, and that cell doesn't recive any power from the reactors

i72D634F6-3475-4DEA-BC9F-81FCAD110701.jp

Reactor is working, water is boiling, i can hear and see bubbles on the water but no steam is being generated

you can, it is just massively inefficient to go straight to the boiler, making yellowcake more than triples your output of hexaflouride, I honestly don't know what else could be wrong, personally fission isn't worth the effort it takes atm, or ever really, the byproducts are too costly when you have fusion available.

From what I have read, you need to go one level of water shallower still...

Oh i see, got it thanks :)

you can, it is just massively inefficient to go straight to the boiler, making yellowcake more than triples your output of hexaflouride, I honestly don't know what else could be wrong, personally fission isn't worth the effort it takes atm, or ever really, the byproducts are too costly when you have fusion available.

Nice i will upgrade to a fusion reactor when i have enough diamonds on my server :)

I haven't seen any good tutorials really for AS, I've been working most of it out myself really. Wish I had seen this thread sooner because I just finished my "basic" fission reactor setup and I'm about to expand it to multiple reactors. My current question is does the reactor only heat the water immediately adjacent to it? Or does it have a radius? Trying to figure out exact placement of my turbines since I built a shitload and half aren't powered from a single reactor. Lol

I've been able to power four large turbines with one fission reactor. Set up in a cross configuration. The fifth one barely moves though, so may be a coded cap on them or something.

Can see my configuration in the post your construction thread.

Is your reactor in the center of the middle turbine? Because that would tell me that the Fission reactors have a larger range them 3x3. This is my setup that I just finished a few minutes ago.

http://imgur.com/HD80gmZ

2 reactors for 6 large turbines. The 2 in the middle were spinning pretty well around 5% power but the outer 4 didn't really pick up until around 10%.

Each turbine is only touching the reactor's immediate 3x3 area with one corner and they all seem to be spinning full speed now.

It's between layers 2 and 25 I believe an I've found it's only slightly less rare then diamonds.

can any of you explain how i get my particale axcelerator to work i made a 30x30 ring i gave it power i put an empty cell and and some iron ingots and nothing

I thought it needed something from AS to be fed to it, not iron. I'll look up the video I saw before of the Accelerator and see what it said it needed.