Finding uranium

Norman1346

Did your world exist before you upgraded to 1.1.5? If so then you will only find Uraninite in new chunks, as in places that hadn't been generated yet.

However, if the world is new with 1.1.5, you should be able to find Uraninite between layers 2-25 I believe was the default. It's not exactly abundant, but still not as rare as Diamonds. Proabably see it spawned about as much as you see Gold, just not in as large viens. If you have particles on in options you can actually tell if there's Uraninite near by because it spouts off little floaty green particles, even when completely covered.

There is a way to get Uraninite to spawn in already generated chunks by adjusting the config files of Atomic Science, but I never quite got that to work for me. Your best bet if your world existed before 1.1.5 is to just make a new Mystcraft world. It will definitely spawn there and you don't have to go running thousands of blocks away to find it.

By default, uraninite is not enabled in the config files, so it does not generate in the world... You'll want to enable it in the atomic science cfg file. But this will only allow it to spawn in area you have never explored before, and/or in a new map or mystcraft age. There is a way to do retroactive spawning(spawning the ore in places you've already explored), but I've never done it before so I have no info on how to go about that.

By default, uraninite is not enabled in the config files, so it does not generate in the world... You'll want to enable it in the atomic science cfg file. But this will only allow it to spawn in area you have never explored before, and/or in a new map or mystcraft age. There is a way to do retroactive spawning(spawning the ore in places you've already explored), but I've never done it before so I have no info on how to go about that.

Changing the config files is a bit too technical for me. If I wait will it eventually spawn in new chunks when they update the pack?

I think you might be surprised at how easy it is to edit the config files. You just need to go to your server folder, then the 'config' folder and edit 'AtomicScience.cfg'

On line 78 set

B:"Generate Uranium Ore"=true

and close/save. Voila!

I think you might be surprised at how easy it is to edit the config files. You just need to go to your server folder, then the 'config' folder and edit 'AtomicScience.cfg'

On line 78 set

B:"Generate Uranium Ore"=true

and close/save. Voila!

UUUUhhhhh...... SO if I wait a few months or a couple versions Uranium will be made part of the standard config???

Tekkit was always supposed to be smp. Since the server generates the world, the server files are correct, at least on my server running at 1.1.5. Your copy of the games configs don't matter for world generation in an smp game.

Not sure if it aiming for both with these new versions, but they probably still do majority of testing with a server setup, so things can slip through like that.

little different depending on the version of windows you got, but it should work something like this.

get to the 'my computer' or "computer' windows, or even the search bar and type

%appdata% and hit enter

Now click on the roaming folder, now click the .minecraft folder and then the config folder.

Right click atomicscience.cfg and select edit

now it will open up with lots of words,

scroll down unitl you se the 78th line Weirleader showed you.

"Generate Uranium Ore"=false

and only change the false to true like this

"Generate Uranium Ore"=true

click file save and then start tekkit and make a new world

this is real close , follow this as a guide and use your brain a little and you will do it no problem.

If all else fails, find a server

Tekkit was always supposed to be smp. Since the server generates the world, the server files are correct, at least on my server running at 1.1.5. Your copy of the games configs don't matter for world generation in an smp game.

Not sure if it aiming for both with these new versions, but they probably still do majority of testing with a server setup, so things can slip through like that.

little different depending on the version of windows you got, but it should work something like this.

get to the 'my computer' or "computer' windows, or even the search bar and type

%appdata% and hit enter

Now click on the roaming folder, now click the .minecraft folder and then the config folder.

Right click atomicscience.cfg and select edit

now it will open up with lots of words,

scroll down unitl you se the 78th line Weirleader showed you.

"Generate Uranium Ore"=false

and only change the false to true like this

"Generate Uranium Ore"=true

click file save and then start tekkit and make a new world

this is real close , follow this as a guide and use your brain a little and you will do it no problem.

If all else fails, find a server

Wow, thanks for the clear and detailed breakdown. I think I can manage that now. Can I just mine for uranium in a new mystcraft age once I do that or must I start a new game?

• 3 months later...

Thing is, for about 75% of the people using the modpack, there is no issues with generating Uranium as it is when the modpack is downloaded. The reason the other 25% of the people have issues is not really known. Cofh Core usually works very well for generation and all around standardization of mod controls. Has no known issues with either forge or chicken bones.

Uranium generation works perfectly fine for me in the latest version of Tekkit. I had issues with an older version and that is why I still remember the config tricks.

• 2 months later...

Uranium in tekkit is pretty rare is almost rare as diamonds (or even rare)

Because if I have 40 diamonds and 1 uranium ore then 1 uranium ore = 40 diamonds

So uranium is rare but can be find

my tip is to try and mine at level 14 and you will have some diamonds and probably find uranium

this is my opinion so i don't know if its true

p.s sorry for my bad english ,I'm roumanian