I need help its urgent. !

xxLudiloxx

Hello all as the subject says I realy need your help. I am Co-Owner Of the Tekkit server Server is Hosted by sorbmc its 24/7 and that stuff... Server is set to Offline mode but here is the biggest problem. Some guy is hacking the server he uses Proxy So you cant ban Hes IP but that not all that guy can hack permission by logining to my account or Owners account and he gives in hes permisssion '*' (withc means all permissions PEX) but there is no way to stop him I removed '*' from our permissions but still that guy can crash our server I just dont know why he is just staning and bum server crashed so here is my Question is THERE ANY WAY TO PREVENT THIS please guys I need a good answer cuz we cant stop him... For every answer thank you . :(

I'm just curious as to why you are running the server in offline mode... although the answer is probably obvious. However, I'd second Neowulf's suggestion. No good can come of running the game in offline mode, you enable this kind of behavior and you allow people to play a cracked version of the game.

i second that buy the game and all your hacking troubles will disappear its kinda the price you pay for not supporting good game writing

what you want your cake and eat it too all for free well then get used to being hacked or go play mario i think its free now

Yea I know that turning server to online mode will fix this problem but I didnt ask you properly Is there any way that we can stop him b ut the server can remain Offline mode. Also what is bad there is not a single Anti Proxy Plugin or something like that to block him.

Edit also I have permium accout same as Owner just that you know...

Why do you want it in Offline mode? The only way to control the players if you have them in offline mode is to directly have access to their computers, which I don't think is going to happen. Putting it in Online mode has all the security and permission checks on the Server Side instead of the client side so they cannot be manipulated.

Dewfire is correct. The only way to rectify your situation is to go online mode.

Offline mode lets non-premium users connect because all it does is turn off authentication and trust whatever name the client sends the server. There is no other identification, just the name.

But still I dont get it We have removed all OP we have removed ačč "*" but still when that guys joins it says welcome player (Hacker) Iam New <--(Rank) to server and bam when he says something he is Co-Owner and he can spawn items and that shit and console is showing nothing still I said to Owner to set Online mode to True so I guess he cant do anything.

But still I dont get it

Let me clarify/repeat what has already been said. If offlinemode is on, the user can use whatever kind of jacked up client they want to do terrible things to your server, because the server doesn't do security checks.

To reiterate; If you are in offline mode, the server just trusts whatever the client says. For example, if the server asks the client, "are you modified? (IE; a souped-up hacking rig)?" the client can just say, "lol, nope", and the server will take it's word for it without doing any checks. It will then allow the hacked client to connect, and it will then proceed to mess with your server.

Now do you understand?

Yea I know that turning server to online mode will fix this problem but I didnt ask you properly Is there any way that we can stop him b ut the server can remain Offline mode. Also what is bad there is not a single Anti Proxy Plugin or something like that to block him.

Edit also I have permium accout same as Owner just that you know...

Surprisingly plugin and mod developers don't put a lot of time into creating plugins that only benefit people who won't buy the game.

Let me clarify/repeat what has already been said. If offlinemode is on, the user can use whatever kind of jacked up client they want to do terrible things to your server, because the server doesn't do security checks.

To reiterate; If you are in offline mode, the server just trusts whatever the client says. For example, if the server asks the client, "are you modified? (IE; a souped-up hacking rig)?" the client can just say, "lol, nope", and the server will take it's word for it without doing any checks. It will then allow the hacked client to connect, and it will then proceed to mess with your server.

Now do you understand?

-_- Dude I am not stupid like that I was just saying anyway I set it up to online mode + We are not the only server who was hacked there are serval more server that are being hacked and they are still.

You said you didn't understand, so I tried to explain. Is that so wrong?

nothing wrong with being helpful mate. unfortunately sometimes it's like when you're driving and you make an effort to stop and let someone in and they dont even recognise your existence. i don't get it - but there are plenty of them out there.

anyway - i learnt something from your comment, so thanks.