GTA V: Who else is excited?

Amaxter

• 2 weeks later...

As Neowulf has stated above, a PC version of the game doesn't exist. There are there possibilities.

1. No work has been done on a PC version and a PC version is several months away.

2. A PC version DOES exist and rockstar games simply wanted to build up anticipation.

3. A PC version will never come. Much like how Grand Theft Advanced was not released for PC.

I suspect option 1 or 3 is most likely true. If so, then theres always Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs(Set in Hong Kong).

• Moderators

I realize you are mostly PC Gamers, but will it kill you to play a game on a console?

It's not my fault they stopped developing more games for ps1.

I'm still waiting for further releases on that console...

still waiting...

Edit. Not into either GTA nor SR. I'm more into medieval worlds, gimme a horse! No, not a mustang...

I realize you are mostly PC Gamers, but will it kill you to play a game on a console? Sure I'd like a PC release as well, but I don't have anything against my PS3 or 360.

Considering purchasing a console would completely wipe out my family's food budget for two months.

Yes, yes it would.

$300 Console + $200 non-gaming PC (good luck finding that) + $20(used)-$60 per game vs $600 gaming PC (built with tax refund 5 years ago) + hundreds of good free games + hundreds of good games in the $5-$10 range.

PC gaming is cheaper by far, and the control scheme makes it impossible for me to play most games. Controllers are only really good for RPG, platformer, and driving games. RTS and FPS are impossible with a controller for me.

He has a point. While PC may have cheaper games, paying at least $500 for something that can run games well enough with specs lower than next gen consoles, why? Sure, it has it's benefits, but for most users (not us PC elitists) console is better in terms of usability. You don't need to update your drivers or worry about overheating, the console is made for the common user. You can make the argument that PC games look better, but considering how well optimized games being released for this current gen look (The Last of Us) it's amazing what developers can do when they know how to optimize their tech for one specific piece of hardware and OS.

Actually, I meant it the other way around. =P

PC gaming is more cost effective:

Console (for games) $300 + Cheap PC (For MS office, email, etc.) $400 + 3 new games $180 = $880

Pretty good Gaming PC (For MS office, email, games, etc.) $600 + Minecraft $30 = $630

Well, what if you want a better gaming PC? That's more for the upgrades.

But what if half a dozen games come out that you cant wait to play? Probably more than PC upgrades.

Especially with steam sales, PC games are dirt cheap if your smart about it. I got Civ V and Portal for $2.50 each on two separate occasions.

Just my $0.02.

True, but I prefer playing sandbox games like Minecraft on PC and online multiplayer games on console. I was raised playing video games with a controller, and I'm used to it, and all my friends are either on PSN or Xbox Live. Only a handful are on Steam. But then again, I suppose it's different for some people.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, fuck consoles. When I put GTA V into my Xbox 360 disk tray the game refused to load, even after installing the right disc and everything. Games being easier to play on consoles my ass. Back to Steam then!

In my experience, they're easier to play in general unless something goes wrong. Then you're totally hosed. PC's can be slightly harder, but you can fix most anything that goes wrong.

Yeah, I'm no expert but I'm far from an idiot when it comes to tinkering around with things to get them to work. That's why I own a decent gaming PC. But the only reason I own consoles is when exclusives like this come out, also I find the multiplayer experience to be better than on PC (in terms of finding all my friends). But yeah, hope a PC version of this comes out, I don't wanna have to give another $60 for a PS3 version that might not even work either.

• 4 weeks later...

So I haven't played it yet, but a friend of mine has.

The single player game is apparently extremely short.

And multiplayer is hard to get into, and when he does it's just a cluckterfus of greifers. Apparently after every mission someone will be waiting to kill you and take your money before you have a chance to fully load.