Question about oil

Tiechie

Oil will flow out of the pump naturally without any work on your part and continue on through pipes so long as there's somewhere to go. If you connect the pipes to any sort of storage container, like a BC tank for example, it'll accumulate there and empty out of the pipe. However, it won't move from the tank unless you attach a wodden waterproof pipe to the tank and put an engine on the wooden pipe to power it. Then it will flow to wherever you want.

I think I see what you're trying to do. I assume you want the oil to dump out of the pipe and into the container you built out of marble below it?

Thing is, pipes don't work like that. The oil will just stop if the pipeline ends. However, based on the ruby sword and the EE2 band it appears that you're on Tekkit Classic, which means that you could use RedPower fluid pipes and grates to transfer oil in that way.

You'd have to bucket out the oil you already have in your tank manually, though, since fluid pipes don't connect to BuildCraft tanks. Or waterproofed pipes. They only interface with the source blocks themselves.

If you are trying to fill a tank you DO NOT put a wooden pipe on that end. Wooden pipes pull things out, not put things in.

i was just following the guy above advice or did i follow it wrong?

i must clarify though. its my own built storage tank. and i just want to pump a load of oil into it but i just cant get it to flow out the end of a pipe.

I think I see what you're trying to do. I assume you want the oil to dump out of the pipe and into the container you built out of marble below it?

Thing is, pipes don't work like that. The oil will just stop if the pipeline ends. However, based on the ruby sword and the EE2 band it appears that you're on Tekkit Classic, which means that you could use RedPower fluid pipes and grates to transfer oil in that way.

You'd have to bucket out the oil you already have in your tank manually, though, since fluid pipes don't connect to BuildCraft tanks. Or waterproofed pipes. They only interface with the source blocks themselves.

Yes thats correct. Yea sorry should have mentioned im on classic. I will give that way a go and see if i can get it in that way