Add Project Red: The Remake of RedPower!

b2550

RedPower Geeks Unite! RedPower is making a comeback with the help of ChickenBones and MrTJP!

---

Remember RedPower? I do! It was the magical mod that made redstone amazing! Well it is back! Complete with lamps, micro blocks, all the wires, and the logic gates! So I know what you are thinking, "where are the pipes and machines?" Well they are in development but you can stick with BuildCraft for now. I believe this mod should be added into Tekkit. Who is with me? It used to be in the original Tekkit and it can be again! If you want to take a demo of it then it is right over

here.

As much as I loved RP2. The only thing that hasn't been replaced by another mod in either equivalent quality or better are frames. Applied Energistics has item crafting down, along with highly controllable inventory movement. MFR adds rednet cables and the PRC which is far more compact and powerful then RP2's logic gates were. Immblis Microblocks are not only far easier to use (automatic hollow covers anyone) but also compatible with a lot more Mods then RP2's were (AE cables, TE conduits, Rednet cables to name a few).

I really don't see the need to add another mod to replace whats already been replaced.

• 1 month later...

I can only say thank you for posting this. and anyone who doesn't think it needs to be there to replace anything the fact is that if you look at tekkit you'll see that it adds stuff without replacing before this would be more like an add-on for those who liked redpower. hopefully they will include prject red in reccomened version of tekkit 1.6.4

Although I prefer rednet's wiring to redpower's, I do miss my microblocks and handsaws.

Uh, there are even TWO versions of microblocks/saws in the new Tekkit. They look the same, but for whatever reason, one set only fits on Rednet cables and the other only on TE ducts/conduits.

What's truly missing is wireless transmission of redstone signals across dimensions, but I guess we wouldn't need the whole Redpower package for that. There are small mods that do exactly that and nothing more.

• Discord Moderator

Rednet cabling from MFR is awesome for sure. However, it doesn't "cover up" for crap compared to the new Forge Multipart stuff in RedPower. Two big problems with Rednet: 1) It doesn't connect to vanilla blocks so you have to expose the face of the cable for things like attaching levers and such. I think that looks bad compared to PR where you can attach a piece of wire and use the framed up wire with microblocks on it to completely hide the fact that there is redstone inside. 2) While the PRC is an awesome thing with so many functions in one block it is VERY expensive compared to simple PR logic blocks and sometimes just plain overkill. When I want a simple OR gate I could drop down a PR OR gate, or I could make an expensive PRC for what should be a super simple logic decision.

Sometimes I think people (Mainly in the modded community) focus far too much on pure functionality and not enough on actual game design. Maybe we should think about things that look nice (Those lamps! :swoon:) and are convenient or practical, like a single logic gate for a simple aplication.