Powering a turtle using MJ

TheFired3mon

From ComputerCraft wiki.

Turtles require fuel to operate - this means Turtles must be powered from any item that works in a regular furnace, like coal and lava

I haven´t experimented with the turtle fuels. I use lava since one bucket gives 1000 blocks of moves but basicly everything you can get to power a furnace should work as a fuel.

I would realy like that ComputerCraft would add BC fuel as a possbily energy source.

Just what the title says, is is possible to power a turtle using MJ's? Sorry if it's been answered before, but the only answer to this question I was able to find was from the FTB forums regarding the "MiscPeripherals" mod ._.

No. They can use standard fuels. Coal, Charcoal, Blaze Rods, Lava and such as well as a few fuels from IC2 and Railcraft. A full listing of fuels and their fuel values can be found at the bottom of the page here: http://computercraft.info/wiki/Turtle.refuel

They cannot be fueled directly by MinecraftJouels

You could indirectly fuel it by using the MJ to create a sugar cane or tree farm if you really wanted to. An automatic supply of charcoal would almost certainly be more efficient if you're willing to put the effort in.

As is, lava fabricator to turn MJ into lava. and whatever setup you like to have the turtle get buckets of lava to refuel from.

Personally I like a liquid transposer looped with an enderchest, so empty buckets are removed and filled ones put back into the chest. That way a turtle can autonomously place the chest from its inventory, refuel with some buckets as needed, then retrieve the chest and continue what it was doing.

As is, lava fabricator to turn MJ into lava. and whatever setup you like to have the turtle get buckets of lava to refuel from.

Personally I like a liquid transposer looped with an enderchest, so empty buckets are removed and filled ones put back into the chest. That way a turtle can autonomously place the chest from its inventory, refuel with some buckets as needed, then retrieve the chest and continue what it was doing.

Smart solution.

I have put up refuel stations for my turtles. But this would have been awsome to have when I dug and builded a 1200 blocks long underwater tunnel with a turtle.