Advanced solar panels w/ Quarry

bridgeburner

Technically speaking I'm playing the moonquest modpack, but since Tekkit has some of the same mods I figured it'd be safe to ask this question here.

Is it possible to use Advanced Solar Panels with a Quarry? And if so, how? Some things that confused me...

Conversion rates of energy. ASP's are in Kw, and the Quarry is in Mj.

How do I connect them?

I tried putting an ASP next to a quarry, and connected it with gold conductive pipes, but nothing happened. I could only get it to work by putting the ASP right next to the quarry, but that only produced enough energy to make the quarry run very very slowly. Not sure if the ASP just doesn't output enough power (which would be extremely lame given how expensive it is)... or if I did something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well.... to my knowledge there are no adv solar panels in Tekkit and I don't know what mods are included in your modpack so I doubt you'll get much help here.

However I'd guess that it's a power compatibility issue. You'll need a power converter mod block to convert your power to Mj's because pipes won't do it on their own. Maybe search your mods/modpacks wiki?

Wish you luck.

The ASP I'm talking about was from Galacticraft, which is definitely in Tekkit. Both items I'm trying to use are in Tekkit, so that's why I asked. Moonquest sadly doesn't have a forum. It just has a comment section which I've already tried to use but haven't received any answers on.

But it's not in the version of galacticraft currently used by tekkit.

If tekkit was already updated to 1.6 you would have a point, but for the moment you're still in the wrong forum. Why don't you try the official galacticraft forum? It took me a whole 30 seconds to find it and I went a round-about way.

Oh, those things. Yep, they are part of the latest versions of Galacticraft, not the one in current Tekkit. but... I believe the trick is using the aluminum wire from GC to transfer the power and use GC's power storage block as a power converter. Should be able to output from GC's power storage block to a quarry just fine using either more aluminum wire or BC kinetic pipe.

Actually what I've found out is if you use the advanced solar generator and put power into energy cubes (they look like redstone energy cells) via aluminum cables, and use a universal cable to connect it to a quarry or whatever else machine you have.

Really can't wait for the mars version of galactic craft to be implemented into tekkit

Solar panels -> aluminum wire -> energy cube -> Universal cable....

Also it seems that the energy storage Modules in GC can't hold aluminum wire energy.