Pics of cool Tekkit stuff

Timendainum

I don't believe it's against the rules here, but I don't ever see anyone posting pics of the cool stuff they are making in Tekkit. Also, the tekkit subreddit has very little activity.

I love seeing what other people are doing, anyone have any good ideas on how we can get some show off pics posted somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice. :)

Aqueous accumulator only needs water on two sides so you should be able to double the amount of accumulators or cut the rooms size in half. :)

The sensor ontop of the computer looks neat. What is it and are the some prewritten api that you can use? Am still a noob on coding and having a tekkit break playing other games atm but would be nice to have some new stuff to try when I get back to tekkit.

From what I understand it is impossible to make a stable oil world. You have to make new ones when the old ones collapse.

http://imgur.com/a/hCtr6

It is entirely possible to make a stable oil world, I have one. I have with 3 biomes with oil ocean, dessert oil field, and just normal dessert. Aslo surface oil lakes.

You have to write in symbols that add stability. I have found anything that is not entirely desirable adds stability. Things like Dark Lighting, Dark Sun, double length suns, slow weather, eternal weather, charged, spontaneous explosions, huge biomes.

You will want to avoid symbols that reduce stability. This is not just the obvious ones like dense ores or diamond but also bright lighting, no weather, huge trees, and any block of even slight value, such as nether quarts, glow-stone, or crystals.

You may get something like slowness2 or mining fatigue, but you won't get world decay.

Charged, spontaneous explosions, scorched surface, and meteors are the only 4 that add stability to a Mystcraft age. Their bonus stacks, but each copy adds less then the previous, up to 4 copies of a given symbol. Meteors is both hard to find and highly destructive... Spontaneous explosions can destroy your quarry or pump, but can be helpful when cave diving for ores... Charged just lights things on fire by causing lightning strikes, and does 2-4 hearts of damage if your hit by it... Scorched Surface will burn any entities(dropped items, mobs, the player) that are not protected from the sky, but will not harm placed blocks like dirt, stone, trees, plants, etc.

Also, Bright lighting does not give instability, neither does no weather, or huge trees(which does cause client side lag). But, the 3 crystal types(Crystal block, Nether Quarts ore block, Glowstone block) will cause instability if used on anything other then "crystal formation". And the age generator will sometimes try adding a second lighting level symbol and/or weather type when you specify one yourself, causing instability. This can make it seem like the instability is caused by the symbol you added.

As Norman1346 said, it is indeed possible to make a usable oil ocean age, it will have potion effects, but you'll be able to extract oil from it. Suggest using the "Scorched Surface" symbol stacked 3 times for your first try. If it's still too unstable, try adding a forth one, or add 2-3 "Charged" symbols as well. Reason to do scorched surface first? It will not light your oil on fire. Charged will eventually cause your oil ocean to be on fire.

Charged, spontaneous explosions, scorched surface, and meteors are the only 4 that add stability to a Mystcraft age. Their bonus stacks, but each copy adds less then the previous, up to 4 copies of a given symbol. Meteors is both hard to find and highly destructive... Spontaneous explosions can destroy your quarry or pump, but can be helpful when cave diving for ores... Charged just lights things on fire by causing lightning strikes, and does 2-4 hearts of damage if your hit by it... Scorched Surface will burn any entities(dropped items, mobs, the player) that are not protected from the sky, but will not harm placed blocks like dirt, stone, trees, plants, etc.

Also, Bright lighting does not give instability, neither does no weather, or huge trees(which does cause client side lag). But, the 3 crystal types(Crystal block, Nether Quarts ore block, Glowstone block) will cause instability if used on anything other then "crystal formation". And the age generator will sometimes try adding a second lighting level symbol and/or weather type when you specify one yourself, causing instability. This can make it seem like the instability is caused by the symbol you added.

As Norman1346 said, it is indeed possible to make a usable oil ocean age, it will have potion effects, but you'll be able to extract oil from it. Suggest using the "Scorched Surface" symbol stacked 3 times for your first try. If it's still too unstable, try adding a forth one, or add 2-3 "Charged" symbols as well. Reason to do scorched surface first? It will not light your oil on fire. Charged will eventually cause your oil ocean to be on fire.

Corrected by Jakalth once again... I really thought some of those things made a difference... Maybe in a previous version? NO? Am I just getting ideas in my head from nowhere? Oh well.

Anyway. I do have a stable oil Age though. I will edit the Symbols I used onto this post later tonight.

What you said is correct for the older writing style of Mystcraft. From before the ink mixer was added. So your not actually wrong. :)

Wish I had something cool to show here, but alas: My only "cool" I've really done was gethering info on atomic science, found by many people, and pooling it all in one place.

I actually made a oil sea ocean like in the picture, It is unstable but the pumps will fill my oil reservoirs so quick I only need to drop a chunk loader down long enough to fill them. the mystcraft age doesn't degrade when unloaded. I have used the same age multiple times. however unlike others or like I used to, I don't use fuel for power anymore, I use fusion reactors which I got from jakalth in another post http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/atomic-science-power-generation-tips-and-tricks.53047/ awesome post for endgame power generation.