Why build a space station or go to the moon?

Huey The God

yea I use tesseracts to get items from overworld/mystages to my station and I use golden transport pipes to connect everything so I never have to wait long

But can you request or view inventories cross-dimensions that way? You can with AE but I wonder if that's also possible with LPipes.

Jesus Christ Tony that's one epic spacestation. GfuckingG.

Gonna do that next I guess, since I'm kinda done with earth...

But isn't it a pain to wait so long for the items you request in such a big base? Isn't it better to use Applied Energistics then?

And what's that huge red thing on top of your base? Never used the mod that's from...

I love AE, although I really don't understand the point of sub-networks, where is the advantage over a single network?

I love AE, although I really don't understand the point of sub-networks, where is the advantage over a single network?

You can craft, view inventories and request stuff cross-dimensions/bases. But kay, apparently LP does that also (but not as well C: )

This is a picture of my spacestation, I mean seriously anything cooler then this?

2013-12-21_10.15.02.png

Thats fucking amazing.... the amount of work that went into that.... is insane.... I was thinking of making deep space nine for shits and giggles.

furthermore, you can do some cool stuff with subnetworks and autocrafting to keep an ender pouch full (for example) or to assist with crafting of more complex items (like Redstone Energy Cells, etc.).

you need sub-networks to do that in AE? that is why I like logistics, one big happy system that shares everything. question if you have a sub network for say lead Redstone energy cells do you have to create a new network for the different levels of Redstone batteries? can they share the same autocrafting sources?

you need sub-networks to do that in AE? that is why I like logistics, one big happy system that shares everything. question if you have a sub network for say lead Redstone energy cells do you have to create a new network for the different levels of Redstone batteries? can they share the same autocrafting sources?

you don't 'need' to do it that way, but it allows you to share a single Magma Crucible/Liquid Transposer/Induction Smelter across a number of crafting jobs; not the simplest setup, but a fun one to figure out. Not sure what you mean about different levels of Redstone batteries, though I've not yet gotten around to looking at the recent beta release.

Using the specific example of an Energy Cell Frame (Full), I have a recipe stored in my subnetwork that 1 Energy Cell Frame (Full) is crafted from 1 Energy Cell Frame (Empty) and 40 parts Redstone. When it gets to crafting that, it'll drop the exact amount of redstone and a frame into the subnetwork, the redstone will be melted and dropped into the Liquid Transposer along with the Cell Frame and out pops a finished Energy Cell Frame (Full). I remember trying this as part of a regular network and that it didn't work as smoothly as I liked, though I can't exactly recall why it was giving me problems; maybe it had to do with needing the recipe to throw out items and then needing to route them with pipes to get to the correct locations. In a subnetwork, you can assign various machines as 'storage' and the various resources will be dropped into place for you without the need for pipes.

Or for my ender pouch, if levels get below a certain threshold (e.g. a full stack) in the linked ender chest they'll send a crafting/transfer request to the main network for more supplies to be brought in. The only problem I've had with that is that when the server starts up or possibly if there are any adjustments made to the network (causing a network reset) it'll often transfer an extra item each time and I'll eventually end up with a full stack + 3 of each item... a bit annoying, but still nice to have an ever-present ender pouch with all my basic travel/construction necessities.

that sounds interesting, how do you prevent other people from accessing the ender channels? my understanding is if they have the same colors as you they have access to everything you have sitting there, till now I have kept mine empty just incase someone lucked out on the channel, and only request when necessary

There isn't a way to secure ender chests/tanks. He probably plays alone or on with a small group that won't mess around with one another. Your request-on-demand system would be the safest unless someone watches your ender channel and snags em before you do. AE subnets are the kind of thing where if you're a nit picker and don't like the intermediary items/blocks being in your AE crafting window then you could separate that and only put the end result into your storage network. Completely optional and unnecessary but there you are lol.

Edit: Correction, you can "lock" ender chests which does make the ender channel private and no one else can access it by placing an identical chest, BUT anyone who can access a physical ender chest that you've created and locked will still be able to access the contents.

Aha, good point! Yes, I am definitely a 'nitpicker' AND I mostly play alone. I try to get my kids involved (and sometimes my brother), but they have way too much fun on vanilla and creative... and I frankly just don't get it. The best part about MC for me is the engineering and problem-solving. Totally didn't even think about the potential for griefing and stealing from someone's ender channel... sorry about that.

I dont have to worry about securing my ender storage and I have a different liquid crafting setup for each liquid (ender, redstone, and glowstone). At this point I'm pretty much autocrafting everything. The only manual thing I have left is putting things on my power suit, and I dont think you CAN autocraft that. I think I'm going to start looking into the long distance linkup of AE systems though for the space station (instead of rebuilding everything I can utilize the old system while I move). I have a chest(enderpouch) that is full of cobble/obsidian in a 50/50 ratio without a subnetwork :-/

One thing I am working on is setting up a power system that doesnt involve the engines being on all the time. At the moment I'm just running fuel when my input ender chest fills up but there has to be a more elegant solution.

Also I just made a space station about hardened glass, doesnt seal :-( Is there a glass in tekkit that does seal? It seems a shame to have to build a cave in space. I was able to make a sealing station out of decorative tin blocks, so I know it works. FYI Hardened glass is really nice in that you can wrench it off though so you can move it around (win!)

I dont have to worry about securing my ender storage and I have a different liquid crafting setup for each liquid (ender, redstone, and glowstone). At this point I'm pretty much autocrafting everything. The only manual thing I have left is putting things on my power suit, and I dont think you CAN autocraft that. I think I'm going to start looking into the long distance linkup of AE systems though for the space station (instead of rebuilding everything I can utilize the old system while I move). I have a chest(enderpouch) that is full of cobble/obsidian in a 50/50 ratio without a subnetwork :-/

One thing I am working on is setting up a power system that doesnt involve the engines being on all the time. At the moment I'm just running fuel when my input ender chest fills up but there has to be a more elegant solution.

Also I just made a space station about hardened glass, doesnt seal :-( Is there a glass in tekkit that does seal? It seems a shame to have to build a cave in space. I was able to make a sealing station out of decorative tin blocks, so I know it works. FYI Hardened glass is really nice in that you can wrench it off though so you can move it around (win!)

You can use gates to controll the engines. Config them so the gate/s at the Redstone Energy Cell/s is to detect if they are full to sends a pipewire signal to the gate/s at your engines. Config those to send a redstone signal when they get a pipewire signal.

Normal glass seals.

https://github.com/agaricusb/AAConfigPack/blob/master/config/Galacticraft/core.conf

# List IDs from other mods that the Oxygen Sealer should recognize as solid blocks. Format is ID:METADATA

S:"External Sealable IDs" <

20:0

102:0

Im pretty sure you can add hardened glass to be sealable if you write in the id in the config part I have quoted.

What seals, and what doesn't

Buildings with more advanced design shapes or features can sometimes be difficult to seal. Nearly all see-through blocks except for Glass Blocks, Glass Panes, or Tinted Glass Panes are not sealable. Even some types of glass or transparent blocks from other mods do not seal. These can however be edited in the core/ config file. Even when using panes that are generally sealable, it may still be difficult to seal the building as certain configurations of them will not work. One example is having two diagonal panes on a corner. (Fig 1 & 2). A simple one diagonal corner will work. You also cannot have sun roofs using Glass Panes (Glass Blocks will work), as this will not seal either. (The most reliable way to make a sealed room is to use non-transparent blocks.

I must have misread this originally but this is direct from the http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Oxygen_Sealer

I try and stay away from editing conf files for anything but conflicting ID. For me that is a form of cheating, might as well just be in creative mode then

We play with the original config aswell but the config solution was aimed for Shivaess who had built with hardened glass. ;)

Building on moon with glass are a pain since the meteors smash them all the time. So a possile workaround could be adding hardened glass in the config so it seals too. but I'm only guessing since we play with standard config aswell.

Definitely going to try this. You rock! I think I'm going to slowly transfer my base into space, but for starters I'm going to build a fusion reactor and ME quantum link so I have power and all my items. Will post updates as things progress (waiting on my co-builder to get back from a trip atm).

Normal glass seals.

https://github.com/agaricusb/AAConfigPack/blob/master/config/Galacticraft/core.conf

Im pretty sure you can add hardened glass to be sealable if you write in the id in the config part I have quoted.

I put alot of effort in trying to make a large scale sealing. It ended up so we almost had to delete the moon because as soon anyone activated the chunks I had the sealers on it crashed the server. Since they are working on 1.6.4 now I suggest that you go with oxygen tanks and wait for the next version of tekkit before using seals. I'm counting of a very improved oxygen system in the next version of tekkit. Seals and oxygen bubbles puts an enorm emount of stress on the server anyway.

But I can give you an cosmetic tip. If you Digg down the sealers 2 blocks you can put a trapdoor above them and it looks like ventilaton wholes on the ground and they still seals. :)