Will Forestry ever come back into Technic?

Blocker226

Well I don't intend to start a flame war here, apologies if I do.

Anyway I've noticed that the changelog states that Forestry has removed the Technic-breaking code thingy, so after this will the technic team ever try to negotiate with SirSengir again to add Forestry into the technic pack again? I mean, SirSengir mentioned somewhere that ARRRG's Minecraft Overhaul modpack asked him for permission and thus he gave it to them. I just wonder if that would ever be possible. Forestry has done a lot for my Technic experience, I would love to have it back if I could. Personally I don't think SirSengir's as bad as flowerchild. (No offense to him)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only speculate but given Sengir's overall demeanor, I highly, highly doubt it. I don't see his hatred for Technic dissipating anytime soon.

However, with the bad code gone, you should be able to reinstall it manually in the future, if you so choose. All it will likely take is dropping it in the mod folder and giving it some ids but, if it crashes or something, I'm certain the Technic team won't be able to provide you support if the cause is a mod not in the pack.

1) You can install Forestry into Technic anyway, and all you should have to do is change block IDs in the config file.

2) The chance of it coming back into the Pack is 0.0000001856344444% (repeating, of course).

Keeping in mind: You have to decide if you trust this guy to not hide any code in there in the future, since he's already done it once. And this time, the code -could- actually do something to your system.

That's sad. I mean, if I were part of the technic team I would start negotiating with an apology or something. Nevermind. I have to find a replacement. I need a renewable source of oil. I was thinking "if ARRRRG can do it, why not technic?"

That's sad. I mean, if I were part of the technic team I would start negotiating with an apology or something. Nevermind. I have to find a replacement. I need a renewable source of oil. I was thinking "if ARRRRG can do it, why not technic?"

Don't start the debate back up again.

If you think Forestry is trustworthy, just use it. If you don't, then find something else. Either way, you're installing a separate mod into Technic, so it's the same thing.

Ultimately the auto farming blocks for trees were useful to self-replenishing fuel sources, but with some ingenuity you can do exactly the same thing anyways.

The electric engine was nice, but again just a convenience.

The bees. Well I never really used em. I would see the hives, think to myself "Self, do I want to mess with that right now?" and then go back to building whatever I was building.

If you think back on your time with that mod you will probably have the same response. It was a neat tool and wonderfully executed, but it was nothing critical. It is just another mod being dropped by the pack like dozens of others have.

Actually, I think it's rather an amazing mod, and the changes he made even to the newest beta version are superb, to the bees especially. It's certainly not as large or complex as something like IC2, but it's quite an effort and I dearly want to use Forestry in the future. But I won't.

Forestry was the core of my Power Plant. It provided the biofuel needed for those 20 combustion engines. Now I have to use oil. Which is finite. Or switch to steam engines. I've seen an auto-harvesting tree farm design somewhere, it pushes the wood to 1 side, I can break it with block breakers and turn it into coal. Problem is that I can't cool they'll overheat, so I can't run them continuously. :(

Forestry was the core of my Power Plant. It provided the biofuel needed for those 20 combustion engines. Now I have to use oil. Which is finite. Or switch to steam engines. I've seen an auto-harvesting tree farm design somewhere, it pushes the wood to 1 side, I can break it with block breakers and turn it into coal. Problem is that I can't cool they'll overheat, so I can't run them continuously. :(

People have made piston powered tree farms that use sand to push down wood into block breakers and deployers using saplings and bonemeal to grow it. May want to look into one of those designs.

Honestly, I never tried any engines besides Electric til I learned of the Forestry thingy. I'm setting up some combustion engines now. It would take minutes, but I have to make every detail of my facilities pristine before adding any machinery. Damn you, OCD, damn you! *shakes fist*

That said, it's a shame that Forestry is leaving. I might have to download it in singleplayer to try out beekeeping. It looked neat.

Excited for the new Railcraft though! World Anchor Cart + Tunnel Bore!!! :D

Yes, Railcraft's new chunk-loading blocks do it the better way, so they will completely replace the ones from Buildcraft.

They're also prettier than the purple thingies. I'm grateful those exist, but World Anchors look pretty sweet, and better at their job. The others are still a cheap option.

Does this version of Railcraft require minecraft 1.2.5? I'm half-tempted to try and update that one on my server alone, but I know I should probably just be patient. Or maybe play with it on singleplayer before my server gets it.

Youtube comment. I don't think I can link right to it, but here's the quote, emphasis mine.

The Technic team' date=' rather being adults and asking the mod authors they just steal the mod and then ask for permission after they get caught (sometimes). [b']They never asked me about Railcraft and I'm sorely temped to insert my own malicious code.

I'll say the same thing about Railcraft that I did about forestry. Before Technic, I had no idea it existed.

So, if he's gonna decide to do that and it gets removed from Technic, it's really his loss in the end.

Kaker already took a stance of trying to placate the author so he does no such thing. I'm here as community backup to defeat any such code if it gets added. So don't worry.

Welp. That's kinda rough considering we reached out to him and tried to make amends. Hasn't returned any of our donations like Sengir so I had hope that he would respond to us. Guess not. Good lord, aren't people learning anything from this forestry shit? Need Sengir to do like a PSA saying what a headache he got from the whole ordeal and how much backlash hit. The only people who get hurt here are the players! Why can't we all just get along? Covert Jag. If you're reading this. Please just be a cool bro. We're nice guys who mean well and let's be friends. For the sake of the end user. I'll draw you a rad picture.