Will Forestry ever come back into Technic?

Blocker226

Here is a link to a build-off video by Dratnos: Forestry without Frestry

Uum. Aside from his voice being annoying, he'd done something awkward to his client meaning textures didn't spawn and I could hardly tell what was going on.

Anyway, I've been mooching around the dev build, and redpower frames are

A. sexy, and

B. perfect for this.

No pics, as I got lonely and switched back for some SMP

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the few cool things about forestry (bees in particular) I didnt like it. Within a few minecraft days, you could have stacks, and stacks, and stacks of whatever farmable (wood for example)

I'd much prefer something creative, such as thaumcraft, frames and things like obsidian pipes.

Uum. Aside from his voice being annoying, he'd done something awkward to his client meaning textures didn't spawn and I could hardly tell what was going on.

Anyway, I've been mooching around the dev build, and redpower frames are

A. sexy, and

B. perfect for this.

No pics, as I got lonely and switched back for some SMP

Actually what happened was that he filmed it using Technic 7 series, but a lot of the builds were Technic 6 series. When he converted the worlds a bunch of them got badly messed up. Other than that, he uses a totally stock, out of the box Technic build, no changes.

edit: More importantly is that it shows a couple of builds that are much more creative and Technic-y, especially ZeroPoint's build around 10:00, which uses ComputerCraft Turtles to harvest the wood and RP transposers to collect all of the wood and saplings, which then get taken and used as fuel in a factory. His factory used the Logistics Pipes addon by Krapht to direct wood to various condensors as needed to make the materials for automatic crafting of a number of different items, requestable via a request pipe. And I do not mean some things, I mean full Solar cells, engines, and machines.

Sorry but the use of a Turtle is not only a good replacement for Forestry (using a pretty simple program too) but it also is a perfect example of the sort of thing that can be done with technic.

CC 1.32 fixes the infinite threads bug, so it's more stable.

Dunno what you mean by crashing when it leaves a loaded area, they shut down for me. If that shutdown is a problem you just have to code a good startup script to compensate.

Good gps net set to autostart with the correct coordinates, create a startup script on each turtle that sends it back to it's origin point if it loads then restart it's work program.

With IC2 crops, RedPower2 and BC/Logistics pipes, you've got all the automation you need with all kinds of magic blocks and pipes (RP of course being the least "magical,"). Throw in CC for easy mode of RP2 Control, you really don't need Forestry.

Just a thought, have a frame system to move a quarry like arm thing with a deployer on the end with some random tool in it to "right click" ic2 crop blocks, have another frame thing come by with some sort of suction device, be it TC2, redstoned obsidian pipes, or something else, to pick up the drops. Done, Forestry. Did you like it for the peat? Set up some sort of tree farm, make charcoal, renewable fuel, essentially the same as peat.

Just noticed this on Eloraam's site for Redpower, in her "Copyright Notice".

Decompilation or reverse-engineering is strictly prohibited.

Oh, I do just love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning. Is there no modder in the entire community that is free of it?

I would like the forestry back, i mean for me when i first have many mods installed i would like to have all the good ones. I want it back :/

So just have NEI dump a block/item id map and use that to assign unused ids to forestry. It's not hard to reinstall if you want it. I used to play with it in my 1.2.5 build but then I dropped it when I changed my Technic7 install.

i would highly not recommend re-installing it into Technic. it was removed due to the mod dev making bees basically eat players, cause he got pissed at Technic stealing mods.

He disabled that code. Granted, there's not exactly a whole lot keeping him from flipping it back on, but at the moment, he's content to allow Technic players to install the mod.

Assuming no further drama has happened since I stopped paying attention.

It's always a balancing act of trust, considering any mod can access any file on your hard drive that you can access and can upload that file anywhere on the internet at will. Or can even change those files. Better hope your AV has some damned good heuristics.

It's always a balancing act of trust, considering any mod can access any file on your hard drive that you can access and can upload that file anywhere on the internet at will. Or can even change those files. Better hope your AV has some damned good heuristics.

Well I'm screwed my parents just renewed the subscription for norton 360 :/

Norton 360 is a good AV if you are intelligent enough to configure it properly.

The likelihood of the average persons parents being able to properly utilize ANY software is pretty low.

Avast user here. Is it any good?

Avast! is nice. I happen to like it.

Norton 360 is a good AV if you are intelligent enough to configure it properly.

Well its never thrown any problems at minecraft, or anything really! Its pretty good behaved, it only threw a hissy fit for tekkit 3 as "only a few norton users have downloaded it so it must be a trojan so lets kick its ass" xD im gonna try and get avast when the sub runs out though :)