Will Forestry ever come back into Technic?

Blocker226

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In almost every damn thread on this topic. We don't need this discussion again.

I just said that kaker once explained (in a long wall of text) everything regarding this.

The guy who posted before me asked about it, so I told him to look for kakers post.

Dont try to bite my head off, if you dont mind.

Welp. That's kinda rough considering we reached out to him and tried to make amends. Hasn't returned any of our donations like Sengir so I had hope that he would respond to us. Guess not. Good lord, aren't people learning anything from this forestry shit? Need Sengir to do like a PSA saying what a headache he got from the whole ordeal and how much backlash hit. The only people who get hurt here are the players! Why can't we all just get along? Covert Jag. If you're reading this. Please just be a cool bro. We're nice guys who mean well and let's be friends. For the sake of the end user. I'll draw you a rad picture.

I'd give him a few more days before assuming that he's not going to respond. Judging from his posts elsewhere, i'd say he thought of you guys as as some kind of basement dwelling snot-monsters, incapable of human speech. Now he has pretty clear evidence that the dev team is cool dudes and totally not made of snot. He might need some time to collect his thoughts.

I still do not understand why Kaker, who already is paying for this entire operation, would give even more money just for the goodwill of someone who is already deriving a numerically-demonstrable amount of benefit from his mod's usage in the Pack. Maybe I just have some sort of personality flaw, but I've made it to 32 years old (which is a third to a half of most males' lives) and never found any benefit whatsoever to having someone's goodwill that I was not able to obtain more easily, quickly, and cheaply by simpler and direct means.

I just don't get it.

I still do not understand why Kaker, who already is paying for this entire operation, would give even more money just for the goodwill of someone who is already deriving a numerically-demonstrable amount of benefit from his mod's usage in the Pack. Maybe I just have some sort of personality flaw, but I've made it to 32 years old (which is a third to a half of most males' lives) and never found any benefit whatsoever to having someone's goodwill that I was not able to obtain more easily, quickly, and cheaply by simpler and direct means.

I just don't get it.

From what I've gathered from Covert Jaguars posts, he doesn't believe he gets any monetary benefit. I don't know if he hasn't gotten donations, or if he just thinks they're not worth his time with all the support requests, or he's just mad goons sunk his space ship in Eve or something, but that's what he's claimed at least.

From what I've gathered from Covert Jaguars posts, he doesn't believe he gets any monetary benefit. I don't know if he hasn't gotten donations, or if he just thinks they're not worth his time with all the support requests, or he's just mad goons sunk his space ship in Eve or something, but that's what he's claimed at least.

In that comment thread on the Direwolf20 video (the video where he stated he wanted to put in his own malicious code), someone called him (CovertJaguar) out and said that KakerMix had donated to him sometime and said that his (CovertJaguar's) claims that he never benefits from Technic were unfounded. He said "nay" and kept denying it until he looked and saw that on April 13th, Kaker had donated. He then said something like "I rescind my earlier statements about the donation thing. But, I will continue to try to disillusion those who believe that the Technic pack gets permission for all of he constituent mods." That is, of course, a paraphrase, but that's the gist of what was said. He basically said "Yeah, I was wrong, but fuck you guys anyway. I don't want my mod in any pack, so I will drag some random philanthropist's name through the mud in order to make myself feel better."

It's a shame, I think he does really good work, but if he decides to install malicious code then he's going to do it. I hope he comes around. It saddens me that this is the only modding community where permissions even comes up.

About all I can do is just make sure that my donations go to the cool modders out there, like the Thaumcraft guy.

I gave up trying to understand this point of view. I honestly just don't care anymore. There is no logic, there is no reason; There is nothing. I just give up.

You're not alone.

I'm almost considering just reporting all the forestry threads and any thread discussing this horseshit so I don't have to be reminded of the stupidity revolving around people who can't get a fucking clue.

I could go on about why and rant like a fucking drunk, but I won't because I haven't had enough to drink to really nail down the technique.

About all I can do is just make sure that my donations go to the cool modders out there, like the Thaumcraft guy.

Exactly. Do just that.

AMCO's major (only, as far as I know) selling point is that they make sure to get the permission of the mod authors. So either Sengir gave them permission, or the AMCO guys are lying. I am inclined to believe the former, because Sengir doesn't seem to hate modpacks, just this modpack.

AMCO's major (only, as far as I know) selling point is that they make sure to get the permission of the mod authors. So either Sengir gave them permission, or the AMCO guys are lying. I am inclined to believe the former, because Sengir doesn't seem to hate modpacks, just this modpack.

This. He said he regularly gives permission to modpacks, and I have no reason to suspect that that is a lie. He seems a respectable guy, just a bit prideful.

You, uh...you do know why his mod is no longer part of the Technic pack, right?

Because, despite all the amazing things the Technic Pack does for his mod, he (apparently) did not specifically grant permission to Technic before it was added?

That was what I gathered. I of course, not being a member of the Technic crew, do not know the exact specifics.

He seems mostly upset that he didn't have things go exactly as he would've liked.

There seems to be some sort of cyclic pattern (rather like the seasons of the year) going on here.

Spring: *someone says they don't know the specifics about the BTW/Forestry situation*

Summer: *heated debate occurs of the reasoning and emotion involved and who did what to whom*

Autumn: *mods begin to move in with short, authoritative explanations that satisfy the majority and people begin to calm down*

Winter: *numerous comments about how thank goodness the discussion is over and we can go back to our lives again*

And go back to Spring.

There seems to be some sort of cyclic pattern (rather like the seasons of the year) going on here.

Spring: *someone says they don't know the specifics about the BTW/Forestry situation*

Summer: *heated debate occurs of the reasoning and emotion involved and who did what to whom*

Autumn: *mods begin to move in with short, authoritative explanations that satisfy the majority and people begin to calm down*

Winter: *numerous comments about how thank goodness the discussion is over and we can go back to our lives again*

And go back to Spring.

Haha, perhaps we should stop it here then.

• 4 weeks later...

if it's possible can you guys set a different mod that also automaticly farm stuff if not thumbs up it's not the end of the world.

If you find one that doesn't look like ass, suggest it on the suggestion sticky.

Besides which, with just a little creativity the mods currently in Technic are more than enough to build something to replace it. I remember seeing one that Icewolf did once on his server that pushed a tree upwards into a block breaker via piston and another block, with a counter to reset the system.

Here is a link to a build-off video by Dratnos: Forestry without Frestry