High Performance Computer: Only 10-15 FPS PLEASE HELP

Lethal_JV

I currently own a Vaio F series laptop. It has an i7, 8 GB of ram, 1 TB hard drive, and an Intel® HD Graphics 4000 card, yet I can only peak at about 15 FPS while playing vanilla. It is the same when I run minecraft through the regular launcher as well as the technic launcher. Can someone please help me? I've changed all the in-game settings for high performance, and I've also adjusted the priority to high in the task manager. While it isn't necessarily "high" performance, I should still be able to get a higher frame rate, right?

Intel® HD Graphics 4000 card

That is likely your issue, that is NOT a dedicated graphics card (the graphics and CPU are on the same die and laptops have thermal throttling technology so it will last more than a month).

However without knowing things like your java version, os etc we cannot help

While I have a 64 bit os, I've tried both 64 and 32 bit java to see if there was a problem there and nothing changed. Is there anything specific you recommend switching my graphics card to?

I think you misunderstood him. We need your OperatingSystem, (windows or mac), and exactly which version of java you're running.

Also, you might want to try updating your graphics drivers, or seeing if you have a different dedicated graphics chip onboard instead of the integrated one.

It is running windows and currently I'm running the windows 64 bit java.

That's okay.

Now all we need is for you to go through the link Bytemaster provided and tell us which version of Java exactly. For instance, the link tells me I have Java Version 7 Update 51. That's the recommended version at the moment.

there's nothing "high performance" about the integrated graphics chip in modern intel CPUs when it comes to MC. you are going to have to lower visibility and turn off/down graphics options to make the game playable. even then it may not help much.

short of installing a real video card, there's little else you're going to be able to do.

When I first bought it and also when I posted this thread, I was led to believe there was another graphics card on board. But as I looked more into the specs of this, I was obviously wrong. And yes, I understand its not 'high performance.' That was my mistake

It has 8 GB and I've set it to as high as 6 at a time but there's really not much I can do at this point. Is there any way I can have a graphics card installed?

You shouldn't put it at more than 2GB. Allocating more can actually lower your performance after a while. As for the graphics card thing I don't know. Probably not. I have no idea if "external graphics cards" are even a thing.

I've tried all kinds of different combinations of settings and have actually looked up external graphics cards just for the hell of it. It comes down to my computer not being built for this kind of thing. Thanks for the help anyways and sorry for the misleading title.

I currently own a Vaio F series laptop.

Errr, unless I'm mistaken the Vaio F series has an NVIDIA 520M-740M, or in that range. Those aren't terrible cards (though not great), and should run MC, modded or otherwise, fairly well. The thing is, most laptops have integrated graphics processors, even the ones with an external card. The trick is getting Java, and MC, to run off the NVIDIA card. See this thread: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/fps-problems.39656/#post-326010

A good indicator that you have an additional card would be how well other games run, especially ones you would think would not do well without dedicated graphics (any A-list game made in the last year or two).

That is strange im curious to know if you did anything to make it run so low even though i have a story of a friend that has Intel 3000 but i still run better than him.

I can run tekkit on intel hd 2000 at 40 fps im not sure if you did something to mess it up that bad but i dual boot for a massive fps increase here is a comparison on the same hardware nothing has changed.

Here it is 40fps short on windows 7. 60 fps Far Linux Ubuntu 13.02 LTS you could possibly try dual boot to see if it works for as good for you as it is for me if you want all my specs i will tell you here.

Processor Intel Celeron B800 1.50ghz Dual core

Graphics Intel HD 2000

Ram 4 GB

Video Memory 64 MB

I do believe this is all u really need

everything on my laptop is stock besides the extra 2gb of ram to make it 4

that makes no sense lol i can run tekkit on intel hd 2000 at 40 fps im not sure if you did something to mess it up that bad i dual boot so here it is 40fps short on windows 7. 60 fps Far linux unbutu 13.02 LTS u could possibly try dual boot to see if it works

but may i mind u if ur new to linux like me u will have the hardest of times making stuff work

That is strange im curious to know if you did anything to make it run so low even though i have a story of a friend that has Intel 3000 but i still run better than him.

I can run tekkit on intel hd 2000 at 40 fps im not sure if you did something to mess it up that bad but i dual boot for a massive fps increase here is a comparison on the same hardware nothing has changed.

Here it is 40fps short on windows 7. 60 fps Far Linux Ubuntu 13.02 LTS you could possibly try dual boot to see if it works for as good for you as it is for me if you want all my specs i will tell you here.

Processor Intel Celeron B800 1.50ghz Dual core

Graphics Intel HD 2000

Ram 4 GB

Video Memory 64 MB

I do believe this is all u really need

everything on my laptop is stock besides the extra 2gb of ram to make it 4

maybe in a small window, with every visual option turned off and visibility set to minimum. sorry but those specs simply will not get get that kind of FPS without some sort of massive concessions and I note that you have conspicuously left out your MC graphics settings.

edit: oh and while looking at a corner.

well if you dont believe me you dont have to i will take a pic and show you

oh and a few notes

im not using optifine

this is attack of the b team (cannot install tekkit because i dont know if its a luncher bug or tekkit bug)

just for kicks i decided to tone down my battery power to balanced or better yet i am a youtuber on this lovely computer.

i will take a video and i will give u a link