Common Problems & Solutions Thread

DragonRX

Posted · Hidden by Munaus, May 2, 2014 - Tracker post
Hidden by Munaus, May 2, 2014 - Tracker post

Hey, I'm having an issue... when I try to run Attack of the B-team in my Technic Launcher it loads fine, but when it shows up minecraft it just goes back into the launcher menu. So if anyone knows whats wrong and can help me that would be awesome because I want to keep playing. So any advice or ideas will help a lot. Just to clear a few things: I am running on the most recent stable update of b-team and this is only happening for b-team.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Munaus, May 8, 2014 - Tracker post
Hidden by Munaus, May 8, 2014 - Tracker post

I am having problems getting into my inventory on my sister's multiplayer game. I click the 'e' key and the game closes and goes to the technic launcher. I have tried changing the inventory key and installing the .technic file. 

Thanks,

~Moogie

Posted · Hidden by Munaus, May 8, 2014 - Tracker post
Hidden by Munaus, May 8, 2014 - Tracker post

I have been trying to get on my private server and it dosent allow me. It says that some mods are out of date and need to be updated (mainly MineFactory Reloaded). I got the updated attack of the b-team server files and updated my personal files but are still not able to join.

So I cant select more than 1GB of Ram to allocate for Technic Launcher. How would I fix this. Im using windows 7 home premium for my computer. And i have the most recent Java version. I also have an Alienware 17inch computer so it has nothing to do with the hardware. Help please im getting bored of not playing Attack on the B-team.

irobinsx, look in my sig for guides on how to get the logs we need to help, a link to the tracker to post them and guides/rules for posting on the tracker - the moderators here aren't simply being mean, they simply know no-one can help without enough information so it stops people wasting their time guessing (that's probably why the rules are the way they are).

Gas_tor, same thing please, post as much info as you can up on the tracker (at least a launcher log) - I'm guessing you're on a mac and having issues with the default keybinds not working for morph?  Please write that kind of extra detail when you post up on the tracker as it can save a lot of time.  The option from that menu doesn't work, but you can set the keybindings manually in the morphs config file.

ctsboy, please post the launcher log up on the tracker, and probably the IDConflicts.txt too.

Cliffordyounger, you need to manually get the 64-bit version of java, you not only need to get the latest version, it needs to be 64-bit (1GB max is normal for 32-bit java).  Posting a launcher log on the tracker would confirm if this is in fact the case, though.

this mod doesnt work when i try to make a multiplayer server it works on single player but not on multiplayer none of the mods are responsive i cant craft anything that isnt a original minecraft block  andi dont even get biomes o plenty mod  just the mini map works

this mod doesnt work when i try to make a multiplayer server it works on single player but not on multiplayer none of the mods are responsive i cant craft anything that isnt a original minecraft block  andi dont even get biomes o plenty mod  just the mini map works

That sounds like you ran the minecraft_server.jar file instead of the BTeam.jar file.  Make sure your launch.bat specifies 'BTeam.jar'.

My problem is that i need to allocate more memory and i cant select more than 1GB for Technic launcher. I have an Alienware 17inch and i am running 64-bit java. Here is my most recent log that i tried to run attack of the B-team.

P.S. i dragged the game window to the top of the screen and my display driver failed!!!

Hellllp!!!!!!!

You are not running 64-bit java, like I said.  This is running from the x86 (32-bit applications) folder.

[B#439] 2014/05/11 16:37:55 [INFO] Running C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7binjavaw.exe -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m 

Did you at least try what I suggested?  I get the impression by the way you posted back here with this that you didn't read what I wrote properly, so I'm reluctant to write any more (this should've been posted on the tracker in a different way if you were following my instructions - there's guides and links in my sig to help you, even).

You should have the answer already anyway.

hi I found bug with project red. I don't know the version but there is a recipe for illumar in nei (any kind) but crafting it does not work. It does not show up to pull it out of the crafting bench I do not know if this is a problem with the mod or the modpack, but I reported it in the minecraft wiki page for the mod

You are not running 64-bit java, like I said.  This is running from the x86 (32-bit applications) folder.

[B#439] 2014/05/11 16:37:55 [INFO] Running C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7binjavaw.exe -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m 

Did you at least try what I suggested?  I get the impression by the way you posted back here with this that you didn't read what I wrote properly, so I'm reluctant to write any more (this should've been posted on the tracker in a different way if you were following my instructions - there's guides and links in my sig to help you, even).

You should have the answer already anyway.

I did read it all the way and i checked and re downloaded just in case(i may have done it wrong though). Ive been warned by the moderator apparently for posting in the wrong area so....were would i post this stuff. Or email me what i should do please!!!! 

I did read it all the way and i checked and re downloaded just in case(i may have done it wrong though). Ive been warned by the moderator apparently for posting in the wrong area so....were would i post this stuff. Or email me what i should do please!!!!

I did it!!! im done thanks!!!!

Hello, I don't know where to post, I hope this is not the wrong place.

So, I built myself a little pulverizer, the system works fine, it ejects the secondary output in a chest and the primary output in a furnace.

But I have a problem concerning the input.

I tried using a hopper ( http://www.hapshack.com/?v=901y.png ) with this configuration ( http://www.hapshack.com/?v=AaSnl.png ) and it did not work. I had to put the ores in the pulverizer manually.

And I tried using just a chest ( '> ) with this configuration ( '> ) and .... still no result. I have to put manually the items from the chest into the pulverizer. It's weird because the other machine, the furnace, functions pretty good. So what did I do wrong ? :/

By the way, I am experiencing some display bugs with some shaders, am I the only one ? ( http://www.hapshack.com/?v=4skx.png )

EDIT : Actually, problem solved, I just had to set the hopper :) Well nevermind ^^ :)

Edited by ShiDL

Well spotted, glad you got it sorted :)

For future reference with people readhing through, the hopper cares which block you attach it to - hold shift when you right click to make it attach to the machine rather than another block (the wooden planks block below in this picture).

Don't forget you can do this with a smeltery controller too which I find quite convenient, and you can put a chest on top of the hopper for more room (the hopper will automatically fill itself from the chest if there's one above).

The shader thing can happen with shader mods in general, without knowing what you're using I wouldn't be able to troubleshoot it but what's happening there looks like a bug in how it's handling specular highlights (this will be a shader bug, it probably tries to generate maps from the texture sheet and that's where it looks like it's failing, getting a blank white image to blend for 'reflections'/'shinyness' rather than the texured one).

Edit: Not sure if this thread was totally the right place to post as I don't see people with this problem often, but I don't think there's any harm in it - this whole section of the forum is for this kind of question and it's just generally the technical stuff (people with faulty java/mod installations) that I see getting asked by mods or players to go elsewhere (the Tracker specifically, because that's specifically what that section is for :D).  Don't take the reactions on the last page here as being a typical example of moderator interaction with everybody - that guy was ignoring half of what everyone was saying at every turn so he got treated 'special' ;).

Edit 2: Forgive my manners, I nearly forgot: Welcome to the forums!

Edited by Loader

Thanks for the welcome :)

And thanks for your thorough answer :) So I use several shaders because some of them are buggy after a little while (after morphing into a bat for instance) and some are buggy as soon as I activate them (SEUS, Sildurs, and I don't remember the other ones). It is kind of weird actually. Yet I configured optifine options as the shaders authors suggested, I even modified the threaded thingy in my Nvidia Control Panel ... I thought maybe I had to use specific shaders for the 1.6.4 version ... But I guess I'll just try a bunch of shaders until I have no display issues. :)

Regarding the hopper thingy, yeah I put a chest over it :) Now I just have to mass-produce coal haha :) Thanks again !

Edit : I'm French so please disregard my faulty English :kiddo::hr:

Edit : New problem haha ! (Yeah I consider taking out a subscription xD) So I'm trying the fisher machine and I finally got it to work (was testing the redstone energy cell). So it is wired, and powered and basically ... it works (blue line is working) but there is no fish in my chest ... :/

Here's a screenshot, so you can tell me what did I do wrong (again xD) (or I hope I can figure it out by myself once I posted here xD) : * '> * '> and * '>

I tried to wire it by its side but no difference so for aesthetics purposes, I put the conduit back underneath the machine.

Moreover, it seems that my map is resetted everytime I leave the game, is there some kind of setting to ... set so it saves the places I explored ?

Edited by ShiDL