Transmutation Tablet - Doesn't Work Full Stop

Biendeo

Question

Launcher/pack Version: v0.5.4.9/ Tekkit v2.1.0

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Version of Java: 1.7 u3 (64-bit)

Description of Problem: On my friend's server specifically, the transmutation tables in the EE mod (both the block and the item) do not seem to work with ANY of my items. It was not there all the time, and I'm not sure why it's happening, but whenever I try putting something like torches or red matter (or anything for that matter) into the machine, it dumps them somewhere nearby. I've made sure they're not like BuildCraft items which are incompatible. These items are things like dirt, things which've been working before. I haven't checked if the problem persists on any other servers, but Tekkit single-player seems to handle the tablets fine. I've also gone to the step of deleting my .dat file from the server, but the problem did not fix itself. Finally, Google did not help. And you know what happens if Google can't help you.

Error Messages: Absolutely no messages.

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/xnqdsRed

Please help me. :(

Checked. Still broken. I know I'm doing it right, but it just ain't workin'.

And thanks for changing the profile picture and calling me Helen Keller. Really appreciate it.

>:(

---

And I guess you may need the EXACT WORD BY WORD description of what I'm doing that could possibly be (BUT ISN'T) causing an error on my part.

1. I pop my Klein Star (which isn't full) in the left side of the Transmutation Tablet to make sure that it isn't locked to fuel or anything.

2. I take the Klein Star out of the Transmutation Tablet.

3. I put 1 DIRT into the left side of the transmutation tablet.

4. I do not get ANY results, even if dirt should technically make dirt.

5. I take the dirt out, and try RED MATTER.

6. Again, no results.

7. I give up, and Google anything.

8. No results.

9. I look up on the Technic Forums.

10. No guitar.

11. I copy the guidelines on posting a bug.

12. I get called a nub 'cause I bumped a thread twice because there were no comments within 24 hour periods for a bug that pretty much makes using one of the mods IMPOSSIBLE to use.

Do not bump here. Bumps are zero content posts.

As for the kellering, that's what happens when you make low content posts.

As for this problem of yours you've failed to mention whether it's just you who's having it or if it's a problem on your "friends" server. if it's just you, noone can help you because you clearly have something going on with your system that is unusual. If it's the server, noone can help you because we'd need server logs.

As for this problem of yours you've failed to mention whether it's just you who's having it or if it's a problem on your "friends" server.

You are correct there. It is something with me and no one else on the server. But I also find it odd how it's ONLY on this server. Not on any other server. And any of my friends can access my transmutation tablet easily. So it's specifically me on specifically this server on this specific one feature in one specific mod, specifically Tekkit only.

And if you're gonna say, "Well, it's a server problem, so you're screwed.", well I have access to the server's files and thingys and doohickeys. The console says absolutely nothing when I use the transmutation tablet. The only thing it gets are "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" messages, which it commonly gets even when nobody's on.

Anyway, as for the bumps, I'd rather get my question answered than let it ferment on the second page. Honestly, I'm not one of those people who scroll through posts on the forums, and since this problem didn't exist even on Google, I predicted that there'd be a LOT less views on this topic, and thus a lot less answers. And even with the bumps, we've gotten, how far? 0 attempted answers.

Alright, since you have access to them, POST the server logs.

Also, have you tried the basic troubleshooting techniques? Clear cache, redownload, check java, etc etc.

Anyway, as for the bumps, I'd rather get my question answered than let it ferment on the second page. Honestly, I'm not one of those people who scroll through posts on the forums, and since this problem didn't exist even on Google, I predicted that there'd be a LOT less views on this topic, and thus a lot less answers. And even with the bumps, we've gotten, how far? 0 attempted answers.

This is exactly WHY bumps aren't acceptable. if noone can or is willing to answer you, your thread would be taking up space on the front page, pushing someone who may have just gotten there off into the second page.

Each person's tablet capabilities (and maybe current contents/EMC) are stored in a file within the server folder structure, like the contents of alchemy bags. Sometimes these get corrupted - case in point, I had to pull the alchemy bags from a backup of my server because those, and only those, were damaged in a server crash. See if you can find your tablet file, back it up somewhere in case this doesn't work, and delete it. Granted, you will lose everything your tablet has learned so far, but...if EE re-creates your tablet file as soon as you access one, you can start it learning stuff again and it'll probably work in the future.

Each person's tablet capabilities (and maybe current contents/EMC) are stored in a file within the server folder structure, like the contents of alchemy bags.

Finally, an answer to this problem. Only thing, I have no clue where to find it.

And now to end this topic. I completely flushed the server. New map and all. It works. Case solved and closed.

Had the same problem with one of the people on my server. Going to try the ideas and and let you know if they work. I was hesitant to even make an account because of the moderator trolling so much...

I can safely say, speaking from personal experience even, that the moderators here do not "troll." They moderate. If you post like an idiot or as someone who can't read, they'll probably tell you that, and they may even give you a time out to think about posting better in the future. If you post in an intelligent manner that demonstrates that you can, in fact, read, they leave you alone. Sometimes they even contribute to the conversation. :)

Sure seemed like trolling. Anyway, the replacing does work. At least for a bit, but it doesn't fix it completely.

It's been explained in other places here, but i'll give you a brief recap.

The function of the "bad attitude" that seems so prevalent here is to drive away people who expend very little effort.

What low effort people see is "LOL we won't answer you trolololo".

What high effort people see is "Look, we're going to trolololo at all the low effort people, and save the actual help for high effort people".

Resulting in more people of high effort and less people of low effort.

Sure seemed like trolling. Anyway, the replacing does work. At least for a bit, but it doesn't fix it completely.

I have had similar issues with tablets where a full klein omega would show nothing to be transmuted. This is on localhost, so I know it wasn't a connection or lag issue. 75%+ of the time, removing the star from the tablet and re-inserting it fixed the problem. The rest of the time (no exceptions so far), restarting the MC client fixed it. Just make sure to remove the klein from the table first, as they tend to disappear when the client and/or server get restarted.

Hi i had the same problem fixed it by charging up a big klien star with EMC in an anti matter relay then putting it in i seemed to be locked on fuel and with negative emc but this fixed it. The problem for me happeded when i wall making more ender eggs and the tablet EMC went negative i then logged in later and it didn't work at all.

I'm having the same problem. And 1 other player (confirmed) that is also on the server. I tried deleting my tablet.dat but the problem is still there.

What is happening currently:

Put 'item' in on left : no EMC added to the count, nothing shows on the right

Burn 'item' : nothing happens, item gone.

- close tablet and reopen and the burn value is there.

- when items are produced and EMC is 0, the type is locked. Even if the tablet closed / opened or star put in.

- star not absorbing burned EMC

Anyone have any ideas on what might be the cause?

I'm having the same problem. And 1 other player (confirmed) that is also on the server. I tried deleting my tablet.dat but the problem is still there.

What is happening currently:

Put 'item' in on left : no EMC added to the count, nothing shows on the right

Burn 'item' : nothing happens, item gone.

- close tablet and reopen and the burn value is there.

- when items are produced and EMC is 0, the type is locked. Even if the tablet closed / opened or star put in.

- star not absorbing burned EMC

Anyone have any ideas on what might be the cause?

Just Put a fully charged Omega or other big star in

[edit] I have found a fix for it and it does not give any error's (so far).

I removed multiverse then deleted the new world folders.

and swapped out "EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r5.zip" with an older build "EE2ServerV1.4.6.5-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5-r3.zip"

The reasoning for this was "r4 has an experimental new TransmutationTablet behaviour allowing teaming of transmutation tablets. r5 fixes some multiworld behaviours. Damage works correctly and items consume correctly in multiworld!"

I am too suffering a bug from a previous usage of multiverse on my server:/ But I do have a way to still charge Klein stars using the tablet.

1. Add emc to the tablet as normal.

2. come out of the tablet gui and re-enter

3. Add your star to the left side of the tablet.

4. Take one item out of the right hand side.

This works to move emc to star's in my server I hope that it works in yours also.

Our server is having an issue with the Transmutation Table as well. But it is the Locking issue, where you put a fuel in and it locks on that item. You can not change the lock by removing the EMC to put matter in. And personally I do not have the any of the Klein stars to reset it with. Picking it up does not fix it either. Also this is not a single player issue... others on my server are having this issue. Including Admins! I do not have access to any of the files. Any ideas?

The main fix for this problem as ive had it before. Is any multiworld/dimension plugin you have will conflict with it though it be transporter or multiworld or soo on. The way to fix this is first to stop your server and go into your [worldname] - data - [delete all trans tab files]. DO BE WARNED though if you don't want to remove those files you can ither remove the plugin causing it or go through the post 2 above. nixsy's idea looks good havent tested it though :P.

I'm experiencing a similar issue as well, any additional advice would be appreciated. I run just a tiny personal server for family and friends, so I have plenty of opportunity to test or troubleshoot if someone wants to work with me to figure this out. If there is any additional information I can provide please let me know. Oh and apologies in advance for the wall of text.

Server running: CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-jenkins-CraftBukkit-173 (MC: 1.2.5) (Implementing API version 1.2.5-R4.1-MCPC-SNAPSHOT)

Plugins (58): mod_WirelessRedstoneAddons, mod_BuildCraftEnergy, mod_RedPowerWiring, GroupManager, mod_BuildCraftCore, mod_ImmibisCore, Multiverse-Core, mod_BuildCraftFactory, mod_NetherOres, TreeAssist, mod_EE, MagicSpells, mod_TubeStuff, Permissions, mod_CCTurtle, mod_IC2NuclearControl, mod_WirelessRed

stoneRedPower, mod_ccSensors, mod_ImmiChunkLoaders, mod_CompactSolars, mod_WirelessRedstoneCore, mod_IC2_ChargingBench, mod_IronChest, mod_MinecraftForge, WorldEdit, EnchantView, Multiverse-Inventories, mod_RedPowerControl, Multiverse-NetherPortals, mod_IC2, mod_RedPowerMachine, mod_BuildCraftBuilders, mod_RedPowerLighting, mod_RedPowerWorld, mod_ComputerCraft, mod_BuildCraftTransport, mod_NotEnou

ghItems, CraftBookCommon, mod_PowerConverters, CommandHelper, mod_AdditionalPipes, mod_IC2AdvancedMachines, mod_Railcraft, mod_RedPowerCore, Runecraft, mod_RedPowerLogic, mod_ModularForceFieldSystem, mod_EnderStorage, mod_CodeChickenCore, Balkon's WeaponMod, Essentials, CraftBookMechanisms, Multiverse-Portals, CommandBook, EssentialsChat, CraftBookCircuits, EssentialsSpawn, CraftBookVehicles

I have taken the following troubleshooting steps:

• Stop the server
  • Remove all - tablet_(playername).dat files, across all worlds.
  • Restart server
  • Login (localhost), recreate tablet from a crafting table and place it
  • Access the tablet, 0 EMC, No Lock

• Note: I was watching the ..\server\worldname\data\ folder on a separate screen to see when the tablet_playername.dat file is created. Which happens to be the first time you access the tablet in game.

Here are my in game test steps and observations:

• Drop a cobble, stone, dirt, sand, netherrack, obsidian, etc in the left slots, no change or effect.
  • Drop the same items in the 'burn' slot and I notice a single "Learned" indicator for the first item, then nothing for the next.

• Also the right display doesn't reflect any added items until i go out of the tablet screen and back in.

[*]Remove all items back down to 0 EMC.

[*]Spawn an Alchemical Tome and drop it in the burn slot, no "Learned" indication or change.

[*]Leave and go back into the Tablet, no change or indication (all slots are blank 0 EMC).

[*]Drop some items into the burn slot to add EMC, the EMC numbers increase but there are no items displayed to match

[*]Leave and go back into the tablet, many items are now displayed

• Note: When I pull a single cobble from the right panel the item is 'removed' and I can't select another one with the remaining EMC, but I am able to Shift-Click a different block to produce a small stack using the remaining EMC and that item still shows on the right panel as an option.

[*]Placing items/blocks in the center of the right panel does not change the display of items

• Leaving the item/block in the center-right drops the item out if you leave the Tablet view, also the same for the left panel slots, all 'unburned' items are dropped when leaving the tablet view.

[*]Also, the tablet will allow me to take an item causing a Negative EMC value to remain.

[*]Lastly I can't seem to unlock from matter or fuel once I have placed one or the other in the tablet.

I'm going to next try the suggestion to downgrade my EE version as described above and report back on my findings. I hope I can help to resolve this conflict. Thanks!