So this is a thing.... lol

Kr0nZ

So I was hanging out, semi-afk, waiting for my cow farm to produce me some delicious mob essence. When all of a sudden I start moving sideways, at first I thought my keyboard was glitching out or something.

But then i looked up

And...

This is what I saw....

ZfX0EDf.png

A GOD DAMN TORNADO LOL

Luckily it didn't destroy much, it tore some blocks off the side of my house, and left a trench

9JjMZk8.png

are you kidding? That's AWESOME!

something like that happening is something you will REMEMBER for a long time.

Which do you think you will remember longer;

putting another wooden stair roof on another cobblestone hut?

Or watching a tornado RIP THROUGH YOUR buildings, sending that same roof whirling like a demented snowstorm of destruction as a hugely towering miasma of whirling energy tears it's way through, barely escaping with your life as you sprint deep underground to escape the deathtrap?

Man, I hope you got to see chickens and cows flying :)

Edited by Brigadon

Yeh I wouldn't dream of disabling it, tornados are epic lol.

It actually did suck up all my cows, and some of my chickens, they landed all over the place, even inside my house. I had to run around with my safari ball to pick them up and put them back in their pen, it was awesome seeing them swirling around that beast though.

It's awesome! But it can do a lot of damage. I was using my smeltery and saw a tornado form right off my island. Luckily, I had recently finished a building made of reinforced stone and glass for my Galacticraft machines and was barely able to force my way inside against the wind. I was glad I didn't head for my house:

tumblr_n0xybuusOi1sll024o1_500.png

The building without a roof is my house, lol. I had a great view of the destruction through the blast resistant windows of my Galacticraft lab but I was too caught up in the moment to take a screenshot of that. It's going to be a royal pain dealing with that chasm that the tornado dug straight across my compound >:-[

Edited by MikehellRS

BTW, you've got to check out some of the Weather mod items that are only available in creative mode. The Vector Tree is especially cool!  Also,  I was exploring in Bat form looking for oil when I discovered the path of the tornado that hit my house where it had passed through two slime islands and some Natura clouds. The ground was spotted with little rivers of liquid slime and I picked up 47 cloud blocks. For some reason they became item drops when they hit the ground instead of turning back into blocks like the other stuff picked up by the tornado. The remains of the slime islands up in the sky look quite ugly; glad they're not within view from my base, lol.

Edited by MikehellRS

At the request of the b-team guys we actually disabled the ability of the tornados to do block damage in 1.0.8- they can still mess you (and your farm animals) up, and for those who live dangerously, feel free to modify the configs!  Unfortunately sudden build destruction and youtube series don't go well together. :-P

• Moderators

pullBlocks=true is I think it, the way it chooses what to destroy is itself configurable, but I'm not clear on the details.

grabBlocks=true

is, I hope, you meant?

Still wished someone who knows about config files where and how to configurate what blocks a tornado can grab. I want it to be dangerous, but still have a strong base to hide in