29cqmtt.png

Although in real life striking a quartz crystal on a piece of steel is just as effective as flint on steel (for making sparks), there seems to be no plan to implement a quartz and steel striker, possibly because gravel (thus, flint) is more common than nether quartz, so it is cheaper to use flint anyway.

-Minecraft Wiki

Screw that.

This mod adds a new item, quartz and steel, and a new block, overworld quartz ore. Overworld quartz ore is just quartz ore in the overworld. To make it not overpowered, and to encourage nether travel, the overworld quartz is much rarer, as rare as gold. Quartz and steel is basically an upgraded flint and steel, with 4x more durability than normal flint and steel.

Pics:
k33o94.png
2imbara.png
2j1rloj.png
16l9ooo.png
vdonxh.png

Resource Packs:
Llama Farmer made a patch for Sphax PureBDCraft for this mod. Check it out at http://bdcraft.net/c...7010.html#p7010
Note: In addition to texturing the stuff from the mod, it retextures vanilla quartz. In the PureBDCraft resource pack, quartz has a chunk of netherrack on it, to make it look like it came from the nether. Llama Farmer replaced that with a more dimensionally ambiguous white quartz crystal.

Edit: Fixed a few things. I suck at HTML.

Edit again: I forgot to say, anyone who wants Quartz 'N' Steel in their modpack, you're welcome to put it in, just tell me. I know legally you aren't required to tell me, because of EULA and stuff, but it would be kind of weird if you didn't. If you want to make a texture pack patch for it, you're welcome to do that as well.
Edited by Neowulf
Removed adfly wannabe link

Hello and welcome to Technic! You probably want to read the >rules, especially the no ad link rule (last thing under "major infractions").

Nice mod BTW.

No ads? What incentive do modders have to post here then?

I'll just stick to Minecraft Forum. 

Wait, shit, how do I delete posts? Eh, I'll wait for a moderator to delete it.

No ads? What incentive do modders have to post here then?

I'll just stick to Minecraft Forum. 

Wait, shit, how do I delete posts? Eh, I'll wait for a moderator to delete it.

If you can't make money, what incentive is there to mod?

If you can't answer that, then you need to stop.

Unless an admin says otherwise, curseforge is ok.

Adfly and the like are not. At the very least those monetization services have turned the minecraft modding scene into a shithole and laughing stock of other modding communities. I mean seriously, have you ever seen a skyrim modder make claim to the right to take over your computer to make sure you didn't get the mod through unapproved channels?

The fact they serve more deceptive ads and drive-by-download malware than the foxnews, msnbc, and cnn homepages combine is just another nail in the coffin.