How Do I Host A Server?

HOLA ITS MIKE

1. Download the latest server files (currently, that would be this: http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/bteam/BTeam_Server_v1.0.6.zip).

2. Extract them to a folder where you'll host the server files

3. Modify the launch.bat, if you care to and know what you're doing

4. Run 'launch.bat' and your server should be up and available on your LAN (by default on port 25565)

5. If you want to make it available to people outside your LAN you're going to have to configure port forwarding

If you want to run the server on the same computer on which you're playing you'll need a comfortable amount of RAM.  8GB works for me, but we only typically have 3-5 people on our little server and I run about 1.5GB to 2GB for both the game and the server.

Server GB is set in the launch.bat file (note the min [-Xms] and max [-Xmx] values)

Game GB is set via the TechnicLauncher (the gear)

Edited by weirleader

• Discord Moderator

How do you do this with a modpack like http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/balkons-weapons.193911 because my friends and i wanna play together on this please help (:

Same basic principle, but you have to make sure you:

• Get the correct version of MCPC+ (since running a multi-person server without plugins is an exercise in frustration) for your Forge version. In this case, it is 1.5.2. This will make your live much easier.
  • Remove any "client only" mods from the pack like the minimap mod and maybe others. If you get errors talking about "world/render" or similar you still have a mod that is client only. Some mods are written VERY poorly and don't work well (or at all) in SMP.
  • Remove the "bin" folder. You don't need it on the server.
  • Pray to the MC gods that it works.
Edited by plowmanplow

• 2 weeks later...

can someone host a server for me please?? i need one for my new youtube series i have 1,505 subscribers so please help

1. How much are you paying?
  2. Does the number of subscribers you have matter?  Answer:  It doesn't.
  3. Don't threadjack.
Edited by dwwojcik

• 1 month later...

1. Download the latest server files (currently, that would be this: http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/bteam/BTeam_Server_v1.0.6.zip).

2. Extract them to a folder where you'll host the server files

3. Modify the launch.bat, if you care to and know what you're doing

4. Run 'launch.bat' and your server should be up and available on your LAN (by default on port 25565)

5. If you want to make it available to people outside your LAN you're going to have to configure port forwarding

If you want to run the server on the same computer on which you're playing you'll need a comfortable amount of RAM.  8GB works for me, but we only typically have 3-5 people on our little server and I run about 1.5GB to 2GB for both the game and the server.

Server GB is set in the launch.bat file (note the min [-Xms] and max [-Xmx] values)

Game GB is set via the TechnicLauncher (the gear)

Dude you got skype? If you could help me a bit. I'm up for hosting a server for many players across the internet. So if you could personaly help me?

I would just need a bit with the portforwarding nothin else, i mean i know how to make the server it selfe, but just that part.

//Best Wishes Max

sorry, was away from home for the past week...

for port forwarding, you primarily need the internal IP of your server system (often, something like 192.168.xxx.xxx).  Then, go into your router's setup and there should be a place to edit/add port forwarding.  Make sure that you tell the router to forward port 25565 (assuming you're using the Minecraft default) to the internal IP of your server.  For example, on my router, I had to set up forwarding for TCP from Any port to port 25565 AND I had to set up UDP from Any port to port 25565.  Then you tell your friends the external IP of your router (you'll need to check the router for the external or WAN IP address) and they should be able to find it and connect.

for an image of exactly what the entry looks like on my router, click here: http://imgur.com/9uYFbcP