Ran out of memory, help?

TirzahLPS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omfg i cant get it higer than 1 gb and you? say 32 is bad OMG pls help me i crash every 3-5 minuts how do i get the ability to put it higer than 1 gb? better java?

please check this: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Anyways so would someone like to help explain why i would not be able to run minecraft stuff on 64-bit java?

So you cant run minecraft properly or at all?

Just Technic or also default minecraft?

and no errors at all?

Also not in console of mc?

So you cant run minecraft properly or at all?

Just Technic or also default minecraft?

and no errors at all?

Also not in console of mc?

When i have a 64-bit java installed nothing minecraft related works. It will shut down the program with no notifications, errors, etc.

Edited by shaderider5

It will give you a crash log.  No useful help is really possible without that (people could guess, but there's a lot of things it could be so I doubt anyone would spend the weeks it would take to go through everything by trial and error without logs).

I use to have this problem with my old computer it keep just installing 32 bit and even if I got 64 bit installed it wouldent use it

how I SOLVED this was was I downloaded the 64bit JDK version ,when installed it gives you the Java Control Panel , should be installed to your start menu if not search for it .

in the java control panel click on he tab that says java and in there it will say view and manage version of java click on view ,make sure the current version of java that is 64bit is selected and enabled, If its not there (My problem) your have to Manually Add it to the users tab by clicking add and finding it in the java folder on your harddrive or when you installed it

after its selected is advised to do a reboot before running any java

after reboot run minecraft and it should be in 64bit :D

any question let me know ill try n help

*edit note, mixed up JRE and JDK you need the JDK version

Edited by islands420

Well, I stand corrected about people being willing to take random potshots at this, Shade.  Good for you Islands.

There's no need to sign your posts, it's redundant with your name on the left as well (please read the forum rules).

Well, I stand corrected about people being willing to take random potshots at this, Shade.  Good for you Islands.

There's no need to sign your posts, it's redundant with your name on the left as well (please read the forum rules).

No backseat modding >:) read the forum rules

oooh wait..... XD now am i doing it as well,.

Dammit :P

Lol :D

I'm not sure where the line is, I figured politely informing a person and reminding them to read the rules would be the best way to go, it certainly doesn't feel anything like moderating in my experience of it (I'd say maybe I'd been unlucky, but I stumbled upon the whale forum yesterday so I don't think my experience was anything unusual).

I hadn't even considered reminding someone to read the rules to be seen as moderating though before you mentioned it and I looked back at this post, now I'm not so sure, perhaps a mod could provide some clarity on this?

So i have to use JDK? Minecraft won't work on the 64-bit JRE? I'm slightly confused about what you said islands.

and the thing with back seat modding...lol

what is there a rule on these forums that says you're not allowed to help someone unless you're a moderator?

JDK is java development kit it's got a few more options within the java for controlling and tuning therefor it self usually making it a more stable build of java

Really why you need it is for java control panel so u can enable and select java

Note** one last thing I forgot on my last post was to get you to remove all old builds of java

If you need help I can link you to the oracle website that removes them for you

Not trying to HiJack the thread here but I will offer a supporting opinion to both Loader and Islands. I myself had this issue, system 64bit java install is a 32 bit not matter what. Basically remove all old installs of java as islands said. You can do this via the Control Panel or use the oracle site. I prefer control panel personally. Then revisit the actual oracle site and as islands said. Manually download the 64bit version of java. If you use the web install version i have more often found that this method installs the 32bit version mainly because your browser by default runs the 32 bit version of it and the java web install detects the version your browser is using and installs that version of java.

Like I said its just my two cents and my own experience, not trying to HiJack or anything. Hope it all works out.

Yeah, it'll never install the 64-bit version unless you explicitly tell it to, which is a bit of a shame because it's not like the autodetect can't see that you're using a 64-bit OS even if you're using a 32-bit browser.

The JDK is a different set of things than the JRE, it's got a lot of extra features for programmers which can give you more options but it also makes things more complicated.  They both use the same compiler, so the 64-bit JRE is the first way to go if you haven't tried that yet.

Islands is suggesting it because it's got a control panel where you can force a version (intended again for programmers, so they can test what it would be like with different configurations).  You can use this to override and force a specific 64-bit version, but if you're seriously considering that route then make sure you don't forget you did it, you may well run into problems next time you try to use java within your browser, for example.  If you're sure you've tried JRE and it doesn't work, then please post logs of the message you get and we can go from there.

Edited by Loader

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...