Farmable Dyes?

Bluewolf7979

I've been getting into the Project Red Transportation mod and a lot of the stuff uses dyes. I was wondering if there was a good way to set up a "dye farm" whether automated or manual. I have to go out quite a ways from my base to get all the necessary flowers to convert into dyes. Thanks for your help! If you want to link me to a video on how to set up an automated dye farm using this mod pack or the mods in it that would be awesome whether it's yours or not. I will almost guarantee I'll watch it :D

P.S. I was watching Generikb's episode earlier today and he said that they were adding Better Storage to the mod pack but it still doesn't seem to be added. Any updates?

I haven't tested this, but can you grow the flowers with bonemeal on grass?

If so you could get a bunch of bonemeal, or set up a mob farm to get bones.

Then use a autonomous activator to click grass with the bonemeal, producing tall grass and flowers, then maybe use a harvester or a dispenser with a water bucket feeding into a hopper, to harvest the grass and flowers.

I haven't tested this, but can you grow the flowers with bonemeal on grass?

If so you could get a bunch of bonemeal, or set up a mob farm to get bones.

Then use a autonomous activator to click grass with the bonemeal, producing tall grass and flowers, then maybe use a harvester or a dispenser with a water bucket feeding into a hopper, to harvest the grass and flowers.

Thanks man! I'll try that out! Right now I'm trying to upgrade my storage system so my cobble goes into a deep storage unit instead of overloading my chests :P

If you can hunt down some Project Red dyed trees, you can use saplings in place of dyes in crafting recipes.  I recommend setting up an MFR tree farm to have a steady supply.

PR Dyed trees are buggy as anything at the moment. They way they decide if they have room to grow is really out of whack, so they don;t get along very well with MFR.