Teleport Redstone signal

badkruka

Anyone know a way to teleport redstone signal? The old one I used with gates and tesseract doesn't work anymore. I might be able to build a similar but uggly one where I check for fluid but I would like a better solution and more direct working one.

1.2.7 includes Wireless Redstone CBE (ChickenBones Edition). It has items specifically for wireless redtstone. I have no clue how or if it works across dimensions or has a range or anything.

EDIT: According to the ChickenBones thread (see above for link) it has  "Interdimensional Ether", so I would assume it works across dimensions....

Edited by Gorian

It does work across dimensions. An ME p2p tunnel is also an option to transmit redstone, as long as network bridges work between dimensions

Also what do you need the redstone signal for? Unless an update fixed it WRCBE doesn't work with redstone in motion carriages.

Edited by rogueclon946

Unless an update fixed it WRCBE doesn't work with redstone in motion carriages.

Wat? Damn, there goes my plan for a Redstone in motion powered mining crawler.

Edited by Kezr

It does work across dimensions. An ME p2p tunnel is also an option to transmit redstone, as long as network bridges work between dimensions

Also what do you need the redstone signal for? Unless an update fixed it WRCBE doesn't work with redstone in motion carriages.

I like to make automated system with gates. And since I like to build big I spread out my builds so it doesnt get too client heavy and teleport item between them. I use pipewire to make the gates talk to eachother. Since I can make a pipewire to be activeted with a redstone signal I can remote controll the gates.

You could use ComputerCraft's wireless modems to transmit a signal. Must know how to code in Lua (or search the web, pretty sure someone did it before). Not resource intensive, but has limited range (64 at ground level, 381 a the top of the map, range is limited during thunderstorm). Is it worth it ? Absolutely not. Is it cool ? Hell yes.

You could use ComputerCraft's wireless modems to transmit a signal. Must know how to code in Lua (or search the web, pretty sure someone did it before). Not resource intensive, but has limited range (64 at ground level, 381 a the top of the map, range is limited during thunderstorm). Is it worth it ? Absolutely not. Is it cool ? Hell yes.

At the end of last version of Tekkit I started to learn alitle to code lua. The game gets a hell more intressting mixing in CC since I like to build my solutions instead of using modpacks premade ones. :)

ComputerCraft is awesome, it offers a lot of possibilities. I made small programs to stop my dynamos when the main Energy Cell is almost full and start them when it's half empty. Also have a touch screen to start and stop my MFR farms, and now I'm working on a lift with Redstone In Motion. This is a lot of fun, once you know how to use the mod, you'll never stop using it

In some of his latest episodes of LP series, Direwolf made a remote "UberMiner" using MFFS' Manipulators to move the structure. I copied the design and it works perfectly ;p I even modified it to work in the nether (I just put mining turtles in front of it to get rid of the netherrack :D). It's pretty powerful.