Failed attempt at making World Thread farm.

viesiu

Originally I wanted to use only four (from two Rift Signatures, two rifts each), but I messed up and put the first two too far away from each other. So, not knowing any better, I put down the other two and decided to plonk two more. They spread like crazy, but I still managed to put Igneous Extruder/Piston contraption above it to feed it cobble. It did get me about 50 Threads before I decided to remove the PocketDim. The amount of Endermen was slowly causing lag in the overworld (the Dim was made with Golden Doors, so it was chunkloaded). I also tried to make it into an Ender Pearl farm when I realized how many Endermen it was spawning, but the Grinders got only 5x5x5 range and it proved pretty much impossible to get all the Endermen to fall into such a small area (the huge Fabric of Reality pillar in the middle is my attempt at doing so ;p). I still managed to get over 600 Pearls from that, though  :P

Edited by viesiu

Originally I wanted to use only four (from two Rift Signatures, two rifts each), but I messed up and put the first two too far away from each other. So, not knowing any better, I put down the other two and decided to plonk two more. They spread like crazy, but I still managed to put Igneous Extruder/Piston contraption above it to feed it cobble. It did get me about 50 Threads before I decided to remove the PocketDim. The amount of Endermen was slowly causing lag in the overworld (the Dim was made with Golden Doors, so it was chunkloaded). I also tried to make it into an Ender Pearl farm when I realized how many Endermen it was spawning, but the Grinders got only 5x5x5 range and it proved pretty much impossible to get all the Endermen to fall into such a small area (the huge Fabric of Reality pillar in the middle is my attempt at doing so ;p). I still managed to get over 600 Pearls from that, though :P

Emerald upgrade expands grinder range to 27x27x5. And you could use conveyor belts and item collectors to move endermen/threads and collect the threads. But multiple grinders was your best bet since they kill 1 mob every 2 seconds.

Did that spawn endermen without you in the dimension? Im looking for a way to farm pearls without being nearby, and i dont have enough essence to just go with an autospawner.

Edited by rogueclon946

U can't put range upgrades into Grinders, that's the issue ;p I've been thinking about using conveyor belts, but for that to work, I'd have to cover an entire Dim with them and it was already hard enough to set up a 5x5 filler to build that pillar with all those Endermen trying to kill me :P I'm guessing a floor made of hoppers covered with water would work even better, since it would also hurt them.

I might try this again, but this time I'll set up everything BEFORE I create the rift cluster xd

Edited by viesiu

Using water may not work.  The endermen can teleport out of the pocket dimension's barriers...  Convayerbelts may not really be needed either.

Make a small room around the entrance area by your door.  make this room inaccessable to endermen, but, leave a single block high opening so you can look out at the endermen and agro them.  In the base of the wall, facing the endermen, place your grinder.  Then just stand about a half block away from the wall and stare at the endermen, agroing them.  the grinder will do the rest as they try to reach you inside your endermen proof room. 

This makes a decent afk endermen rift farm.

also, in single player you can have rift farms work even while you are not there, as long as it is chunk loaded.  but on a server it will only work if you are in the pocket dimension with it.  I learned this the hard way.

Make a small room around the entrance area by your door.  make this room inaccessable to endermen, but, leave a single block high opening so you can look out at the endermen and agro them.  In the base of the wall, facing the endermen, place your grinder.  Then just stand about a half block away from the wall and stare at the endermen, agroing them.  the grinder will do the rest as they try to reach you inside your endermen proof room. 

That requires u to actually be there for the farm to work (however, Endermen spawned by the rifts are often already agroed, no need to look at them :/ that's what made it so hard to do anything in that Dim). That's not what Im looking for, I want a complete automation :D However, its a decent idea, and instead of using yourself as a bait, u could use ExtraUtilities' Fans to push mobs in the direction of the Grinder :D It's possible that Endermen can teleport away though, I never checked if those work. It's worth trying :> ...or use conveyor belts :P

I already came up with something myself, though. Going to try it as soon as Im finished with the Nether miner.

This look intressting. Can you explain in detail how you can farm world threads?

World Thread can only be created when the rifts clusters (when u place two or more rifts too close to eachother, they start to spread) consume blocks. Doesn't happen always, there's a chance the Thread will be created. So, what Im trying to do, is create a cluster and then feed it cobblestone using pistons. U can make infinite cobble using Thermal Expansion's Igneous Extruder (u just put single bucket of water and lava inside), then place it under the piston using Autonomous Activator. Then just use the timer to activate piston every couple seconds and there u go. Automated cobble feeding machine.

Edited by viesiu

Does the rift consume all kinds of block or just minecraft blocks. If you build machines around it. Will it consome those too and spread or is there blocks that will hinder that so you can controll the spread of it?

Edited by badkruka

Im not rly sure, Im guessing it can eat everything. That's why the extruder/piston contraption needs to be places in a safe distance. The rifts don't spread infinitely, they will stop eventually (I think). U just have to find the safe spot thats close enough ;p

From what I have seen, the rifts will only keep spreading if the newly sparned rifts join together forming another tear.  But the rifts spawned tend to be far enough away from each other that this doesn't happen often, or for long.

So, this is what i ended up with:

L75S44Y.jpg

I used only 2 signatures this time and yet the rifts still got somehow out of control (there's a hole in the ceiling right next to me, not visible on the screenshot). The conveyors lead to a hole with hopper floor (to catch Threads) and 3 Grinders at the bottom. I only just made it (literally couple minutes ago), so i cant rly say how efective it is in terms of pearls, but I already got 5 Threads out of it ;p

Edited by viesiu

But that's just what the mod is supposed to do. Whether it is cheaty or not, is a matter of opinion. And if u think it is, then just disable it. Modifying the config file AFTER I no longer find a particular feature usefull is cheating, no matter the opinion ;p

After couple hours of running in background, my setup proved to be an extremely efficient World Thread farm (I got over 200 Threads from it already), but also a very inefficient Endermen farm (I got merely 30 or so Pearls from it). I still got over 600 Pearls from the previous one, so its not really a problem. And if I ever run out, Ill just add more rifts ;p Also, I never intended this to be Endermen farm, so... All in all, it's a success :D

Edited by viesiu