Infinite Energy Module (2x2x2)

davhero171

Yeah something is really bugged with galactic craft and thermal expansion energy combatibilty. I was able to get infinite energy with a solar panel hooked up to a thermal expansion energy cell.  There are few other ways to get infinite engery using a combination of thermal expansion conduits with Aluminum wires too.This is not just isolated to the Attack of the B-team pack since I was able to do the same thing in the newest version of Tekkit.

Edited by matt8348

Yeah, careful with that - anywhere you get a TE conduit type power next to galacticraft wires can cause odd multiplication errors.  What seems to happen is if you have say a wire down the middle with two conduits coming off, the conduits will take all the power from the wire... each (doubling the output).  This example is a compact version of that bug.  It can cause impossible numbers and overflows which might mean you have to delete a bunch of blocks with MCedit (sometimes it can wrap around and draw all the power out of the system too, rather than generating infinite).  I've never had it corrupt chunks, so it's not that bad, but still I'd advise keeping TE generation away from GC wires if you can help it at all.

If you want infinite power, the MFR steam turbine uses only water to generate power the same speed as a dynamo (so a lot slower than this bug, but a lot safer :D)

Edit: Didn't mean to sound unimpressed Davhero, that's a very clever and compact design to take advantage of this :)

Edited by Loader

• 3 months later...

Good spotting.  A quick look at the code indicates the majority of the GC power transmission code is gone and it's a lot simpler now - notably it's not trying to push power in and pull power out of every side of a wire (whether it looks connected or not).   That should be the end of this bug.

When I wrote that last message I hadn't seen it corrupt chunks, but I've seen everything from chunks to worlds corrupted by that method at this point so good riddance.

I just saw a video of Keralis do this exact set up (It was released on 7/8/2014. It is called "Abandoned Power Station") and it worked.

Maybe the B team needs to reset their Galacticraft config file.

If you haven't done so you should go to your config/galacticraft folder and delete power.conf and launch the game so Galacticraft will rebuild the file with the updated settings.

Edited by DanielUSA

They don't release immediately after recording, one day of playing might take 2 or 3 days of editing and the final result might be released weeks or in some cases even months later (depending on release schedule).

You're probably best asking them about it directly.

I just saw a video of Keralis do this exact set up (It was released on 7/8/2014. It is called "Abandoned Power Station") and it worked.

Maybe the B team needs to reset their Galacticraft config file.

If you haven't done so you should go to your config/galacticraft folder and delete power.conf and launch the game so Galacticraft will rebuild the file with the updated settings.

Only thing this will "fix" is the conversion ratios between mods, it has nothing to do with this infinite power exploit (unless you changed the conversion rates to be 0.000000000000001 [as 0 would cause a / by 0 error])

Actually a variation of this is what Keralis used, I have been using it in my world since I saw it, I have the magmatic dynamo straight into the lava fabricator and it produces almost infinite lava. I have tried with up to 26 dynamos on it powering a laser drill in creative and it was still generating lava over all the power being used