Java 1.6 and OSX Snow Leopard

SabCorps

Hey guys, 

I'm on a Macbook Pro running OSX Snow Leopard.  This means that I cannot update my Java to 1.7 as it does not support my Operating System.  Is there any way that I can still play Attack of the B-Team? When I try to play it now, it doesn't open, the launcher just disappears then reappears. 

You can either force-install JDK 1.7 using software like pacifist, or you can set B-Team back to version 1.0.8 (the cog on the left under the b-team icon lets you choose versions manually, click that and set the version to 1.0.8 and that one will work on Java 1.6).

Edit: Or you can upgrade the OS to Mavericks if your machine supports it. (it's free for you from snow leopard)

Edited by Loader

• 3 months later...

If you bought a decent machine that shipped with snow leopard I would recommend upgrading to Maverick. It's free via the app store, it sometimes requires reconfiguring startup patricians on machines that are 2 years old (I had to fiddle around with it to get it to install correctly). If you don't feel comfortable doing the install yourself you can always make an appointment at the genus bar and they'll install it for you. Just make sure to backup all your data. Maverick is faster for me, free, and was a small change on the front end. 

If your computer is a few years older then I'd recommend either playing an older version of Aotbt or force installing it. 

You can force install JRE, but it's a lot more work than just forcing it to install like the JDK.

I agree with andyhoi though - upgrading is a better option if the system can handle it (if you've already upgraded to get snow leopard then you might be better off forcing an install, if it came with it already though you should be good).