Help with pipes

Hi im really new to tekkit and i cant get my transport pipes to work. I want to set up a pipe between a furnace and a chest. I have a pipe connecting the side of the furnace to teh side of the chest, but it only taked items from the fuel compartment. I am using a vanilla furnace. How can i get the pipe to work?

I don't think you can extract those items placed into a vanilla furnace with pipes. You're better off looking at thermal expansion (TE) "induction smelders" or "redstone furnaces" as these are much more efficient (smelter doubles the amount of ingots you get from each ore block). So if you're starting out on Survival then only smelt the bare minimum ores you need to make an induction smelter and dynamos. There are plenty of TE tutorials on the web and youtube on how to do all this. Try practising building stuff in creative mode first, to learn how things work in Tekkit.

Don't smelt ore blocks; make an Applied Energistics Grind Stone and Wooden Crank. Just 3 quartz dust, 3 stone/smelted-cobble, 2 cobble, and 4+5 sticks for double ores. Don't abuse the crank with the grind stone empty; I've had it break, losing a few sticks.