Tekkit 1.2.9 beta is out.

Skuli

Tekkit 1.2.9 beta is now available.

As always, BACK UP YOUR DATA.  

There are a number of bugfixes and new features in this version.

Several backpack bugs are addressed, and a new backpack type is added that automatically picks up items.

Dimensional Doors issues should be addressed

EE3 has a few bugfixes, and now has re-added Alchemical pouch functionality

Project Red has fixed the server-crushing memory consumption

Drums and Filing Cabinets are enabled in Extra Utilities.

Extra Cells has been added!

The server is available here.

Please verify your launcher is set to always use latest build or manually select a build to upgrade to this version.

The changes are:

- Backpacks is updated to 1.27.34

- DimensionalDoors is updated to 2.2.2rc1-319

- EE3 is updated to 0.1.135

- ExtraCells is a new mod!  Version 1.6.8f

- Logistics Pipes is now version 0.7.4.dev.121

- Minefactory Reloaded has been updated to 2.7.8-482

- Nether Ores has been updated to 2.2.2-55

- OpenModsLib is now 0.4b

- OpenPeripherals is now 0.3.3

- OpenPeripheralAddons is now 0.1.3

- Project Red has been updated to 4.3.7.32

To manually upgrade an existing server:

Copy the extracells.cfg file into your server config folder.

And copy the following files into your mod folder, and delete the older versions:

backpack-1.27.34-1.6.x.jar 
dimensionaldoors-2.2.2rc1-319.jar 
equivalentexchange3-1.6.4-0.1.135.jar 
extracells-1.6.8f.jar 
logisticspipes-mc1.6.4-0.7.4.dev.121.jar 
minefactoryreloaded-2.7.8-482.jar 
netherores-2.2.2-55.jar 
openmodslib-0.4b.jar 
openperipheraladdons-0.1.3.jar 
openperipheralcore-0.3.3.jar 
ProjectRedBase-1.6.4-4.3.7.32.jar 
ProjectRedCompat-1.6.4-4.3.7.32.jar 
ProjectRedIntegration-1.6.4-4.3.7.32.jar 
ProjectRedLighting-1.6.4-4.3.7.32.jar 
ProjectRedMechanical-BETA-1.6.4-4.3.7.32.jar 
ProjectRedWorld-1.6.4-4.3.7.32.jar

Thanks for the update :)

Dont forget to replace the ExtraUtilities.cfg from the new server files!

Wasnt able to make the drums cause the old cfg had them disabled ^^

Can we see some Atomic Sience / Calclavia Core updates in the pack any time soon?

Edited by m0nk

@ m0nk

Tried atomic science build #99(newest).  So far, it is somehow less usable then the current version.  Not unstable, just some of the parts do not work right now.  Water evaporates completely in both fusion and fission builds...  Hopefully atomic science gets better... it's starting to look like a dead fish.

If calclavia core is updated, both AS and mffs need to be updated as well due to a change in the core coding.  I'm not sure if there is a usable(newer) version of AS, but the newer version of MFFS seems to work without a hitch.  Basically, it would mean loosing AS for now but getting a newer version of MFFS instead.

Edited by jakalth

@ m0nk

Tried atomic science build #99(newest).  So far, it is somehow less usable then the current version.  Not unstable, just some of the parts do not work right now.  Water evaporates completely in both fusion and fission builds...  Hopefully atomic science gets better... it's starting to look like a dead fish.

If calclavia core is updated, both AS and mffs need to be updated as well due to a change in the core coding.  I'm not sure if there is a usable(newer) version of AS, but the newer version of MFFS seems to work without a hitch.  Basically, it would mean loosing AS for now but getting a newer version of MFFS instead.

Im not trying the AS updates myself but I'm reading the changelog/bug tracker each version. thought it would have some fixes.

I like to play around with fission reactors but they are bugging 24/7. One core works just fine but more will dump waste all the time, even when sucked out on both sides.

To make things even worse It seems there is no way to put a rod in the Reactor Core by Pipes/ME/Itemduct/LogisticPipes. Automation of this type of machine is a no go. You tried to get that work?

Cant find a solution, even tried the hopper XD

Switched to big reactors for now cause of this, its a mess. And why on earth a small turbine gives more power than a big one. Lets hope for improvements soon.

Edited by m0nk

I'm not sure is it Tekkit error or Thermal Expansion / Galacticraft thing but I accidentaly found out a bug. If you connect to an TE energy cell (that is a little bit filled with RF) a one single aluminium wire it will get filled instantly. You simply connect the wire to sending side (or sometimes just do a loop from sending to recieving side) and it will simply fill itself. Weird thing - when you connect anything else with aluminium wire (like Galacticraft's solar panels which can't seem to work with TE conduits) energy cell charges as it should.

As fun this seems (d'uh infinite emergy source on survival) it's still a bug that just can kill the process of figuring out how to get effective energy source ;)

Found 1.2.9 runs perfect. My only issues have been with multiple sealers in a large area, some concurrent mod errors in the log, and the thermal expansion issues randomly; Its manageable though. I have found it my most stable version.

When I try 1.2.9b or 1.2.9c, I have found multiple issues.

Edited by oryfoxer7410

• 11 months later...

Someone please help me, ive been trying to run a tekkit server for days now and it wont work, first it said i didnt have enough ram so i changed it then when i tried to run the server it gave me a bunch of warnings saying [forgemodloader] the coremod *insert mod here* does not have a mcversion annotation it may cause issues with this version of minecraft i have tried absolutely everything possible on the internet, please help me.