Demanding A Stable 1.2.5 Build - Thrilling tale of self sacrifice and struggle.

killerkitt

I have a question,

Since this is a development build I assume it's not recommended that you switch to 1.2.5 right away.

So that means we should wait until the full (or stable) version is released and THEN we can switch our servers to MC 1.2.5 right?

I just want to make sure, the hosting company I use is not the most flexible so typically it takes a day or two to switch versions, stepping into a 1.2.5 landmine and then trying to backtrack out of it usually costs me recruits.

I appreciate any information that clarifies this, thanks.

Alright thanks, it's only a matter of time before my server members see the words "update" and start saying to me "then why haven't we updated yet". Now I can reply back to them with clarity on why we shouldn't.

They shouldn't because it wont ask them to update until we change the recommended build. They will only be asked to update if they have their launchers set to "use latest dev build" in options.

Hey all, I'm new around here and all so go easy on me, lol.

I've only recently discovered this through a friend of mine and I'm really enjoying it. I have one problem though. I can't connect to any of the servers I'd normally use with the Vanilla option. I keep getting an outdated version error, and I notice that the version of Vanilla the launcher uses is 1.2.3 not 1.2.5 like the normal launcher.

I skimmed this topic a bit, and it seems the theme of woe from the first post is about updating the mods to 1.2.5. So I may be slightly off topic here, I understand why you guys would keep the version back a little bit to keep the mods working since they don't all update instantly and rarely work with a brand new Minecraft update without having to be fixed first. What I want to talk about though is the "Vanilla" modless experience.

I'd really love to be able to just use this launcher so I can easily switch between everything, but there doesn't seem to be a way to tell the launcher to use 1.2.5 and coppy/pasta of the Minecraft.jar doesn't seem to work either. Just kinda wondering if there is something I'm missing here. Is there anything I can do to get the latest version going in Vanilla? Or should I stick with the original launcher for when I do Vanilla SMP and just enjoy the mods in Technic?

Hey all, I'm new around here and all so go easy on me, lol.

I've only recently discovered this through a friend of mine and I'm really enjoying it. I have one problem though. I can't connect to any of the servers I'd normally use with the Vanilla option. I keep getting an outdated version error, and I notice that the version of Vanilla the launcher uses is 1.2.3 not 1.2.5 like the normal launcher.

I skimmed this topic a bit, and it seems the theme of woe from the first post is about updating the mods to 1.2.5. So I may be slightly off topic here, I understand why you guys would keep the version back a little bit to keep the mods working since they don't all update instantly and rarely work with a brand new Minecraft update without having to be fixed first. What I want to talk about though is the "Vanilla" modless experience.

I'd really love to be able to just use this launcher so I can easily switch between everything, but there doesn't seem to be a way to tell the launcher to use 1.2.5 and coppy/pasta of the Minecraft.jar doesn't seem to work either. Just kinda wondering if there is something I'm missing here. Is there anything I can do to get the latest version going in Vanilla? Or should I stick with the original launcher for when I do Vanilla SMP and just enjoy the mods in Technic?

They usually aren't far behind Vanilla, if you absolutely need to play vanilla for now, use the generic launcher, but soon enough you'll be able to access it from the launcher.

Also, have you tried selecting vanilla, and going to Options>Build> [whatever the available builds for it are] I don't play vanilla anymore, so i have no clue.

have you tried selecting vanilla, and going to Options>Build> [whatever the available builds for it are] I don't play vanilla anymore, so i have no clue.

Yeah, that's what I tried first. (Really cool option BTW)

The options are:

1.2.3|1.2.3|Latest|Rec. Build

1.1|1.1

I also tried the Always use development builds but that didn't do anything either.