Sign in to follow this  
gunhammer5000

fusion reactor not working

i have made a few reactors before in all my time of playing voltz but ever since it went to 1.5.2, fusion reactors arent working as they are supposed to. has something changed?  also, how the hell do i get deuterium? the chemical extractor has changed!

is there anything wrong with the way its built? i had to spawn in some deuterium to test it.

2014_04_16_11_29_54_by_gunhammer5000-d7e

2014_04_16_11_30_17_by_gunhammer5000-d7e

thank you.

Edited by gunhammer5000

Hi.  Are you using the recommended version of Voltz?  If you are (version 2.0.4) try this...

From what I can tell from the pics the setup looks good.  Just remember you need to give your fusion reactor a jump start.  It requires 50 kilowatts for your fusion reactor to get started and continue to work.  I didn't see anywhere in the pics where your fusion reactor was hooked up to a power source.   I usually set up a system where a full basic energy cube is wired in to the fusion reactor, close by, and being refilled as the reactor is in full swing.

As for the chemical extractor, I would recommend the following:

Create an infinite water source (a horizontal line of 3 water with a source block at each end usually works for me).  Set a water pump just above the middle block and put your chemical extractor right next to the pump.  Be sure both are powered.  Open the GUI for the chemical extractor and put empty cells into the slot just to the left of the arrow pointing right.  (It's the slot just underneath the word 'chemical' in the GUI.)  As long as the pump and chemical extractor has power, whenever you put empty cells in the left slot, it should create deuterium in the right slot.

I hope this answers your questions.  Good luck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Goblin 01
      The reactor is based on few mods: Industrial Craft, Red Power, MFFS(Modular Force Field Systems), TubeStuff.
      Anything that is need is only quad uranium cells and nothing else. Reactor creates coolcant itself. Its coolcant is lapis, you may already get the idea (LZH condensators cooled by coolcant injector from MFFS.
      This is the total schematic of reactor, producing 10k EU / tick,storing total 32 MFSU's. Blucricity is the near heart of not letting the reactor explode, because Retrievers will not function. And also, some energy total is consumed to produce mass, and convert it to lapis. There is also a regulator that dosent let all 3 sections of coolcant run at once.
      Total:
      1 sec = 20 ticks
      10000 secs of running reactor times 20 ticks = 200000 ticks
      200000 ticks times 2580 EU / tick is.. 516000000 EU. I dont know how many MFSU storage has cus I dont remember but I know that it is 100% safe reactor.
    • By dylan5087
      Hi, I have started a public voltz server which everyone is free to join.  There are no banned items and everything else is pretty much a work in progress, because of this i am also looking for staff to monitor and manage the server such as builders, moderators and admins etc...  If you wish to become staff just let me know and we can go from there   If you want more details just reply to this post and ill get back to you with more information.  Have Fun !!!!   
      The IP is 51.254.167.58
    • By fspro15
      Tried to look for other threads, couldn't find any..
      I'm on a tekkit server with a friend, and we're building a large underground base. We would like to use lamps like the Cage lamps and Lanterns from ProjectRed, and that all of these are powered by reactors/dynamoes. So that we would always need legit energy for them to illuminate, and not a simple minecraft redstone line which basically gives infinite power.
      For now we're using a simple steam dynamo from Thermal Expansion, but i cant seem to get the cage lamps or lanterns to light up. We tried both energy conduits from Thermal Expansion and RedNet cables/RedNet Energy cables from MineFactory, and we tried to combine them too.
      Does anyone know how to illuminate these light sources using dynamoes/generators/reactors and some sort of cable?
      Or maybe some other alternatives?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    • By GoldFish000111
      Modded Minecraft at its best!
      We host two amazing modded servers, that allow you and your friends to explore! One is an Adventure server and the other is a War server!

Adventure with your friends in the world of Nebular Adventures!
      Vast Landscapes Dungeons Towny Airships Tinkers Construct Join Nebular Adventures Here!
      Join our discord Here!

Build Nuclear bunkers to be safe from the flying Nukes! Nebular Nations is a high-tech, war-themed server!
      Nuclear Bombs Build Craft Force Fields Tanks Guns Galactic Craft Join Nebular Nations Here!
      Join our discord Here!

• By IndustryBoi
      Is there a modpack which combines tekkit classic and voltz?