New Modpack?

MehOhWell

Question

12 answers to this question

Ehmm, that's actually going to be released for minecraft vanilla. Y'know, the mod API?

Researching (or knowing anything about what you're talking about) before you make statements is a good idea, seeing as how API ? Mod Downloading and Auto-Interaction Interface.

Other than that, though, why just the mods on this world? What if I want to download Ghthul-Khutqin'Rhssn by IthughacaZsigyal? I've read in my copy of the Necronomicon that an update with a few significant features has been released, and I'm interested in this.

Have an idea for an modpack? I do and it is where you click on the application-drop down list and there's a modpack called "Chosen", you can chose the mods you want from every mod in the WORLD.

So what's the problem? Go and implement it!

Researching (or knowing anything about what you're talking about) before you make statements is a good idea, seeing as how API ? Mod Downloading and Auto-Interaction Interface.

Other than that, though, why just the mods on this world? What if I want to download Ghthul-Khutqin'Rhssn by IthughacaZsigyal? I've read in my copy of the Necronomicon that an update with a few significant features has been released, and I'm interested in this.

I have the extended edition of the necronomicon. You can probably guess why. Also, my edition automatically updates with new info about stuff i want to know about. DEAL WITH IT.

Seriously MehOhWell, it's not possible.

There are problems like mods using the same IDs, and mods that use too many IDs *cough*Better Than Wolves*cough*, and the fact that you simply couldn't just throw in 50 mods because they would run out of IDs, and some mods aren't updated, and some mods that require 50 APIs, it's just too many factors.

If you thought about it for 2 seconds BEFORE you made this topic you would have realized that.

EDIT: If you want though, you can disable mods from Technic Pack using the config file.

They may have been talking about this - http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/s0pqt/i_am_nathan_adams_aka_dinnerbone_developer_of/c4a6eo7

How will the Modding API work? Do you put the mods into a folder, or do you install it from an in-game menu?

Initially you'll put the plugins in a folder and enable/disable them from ingame, like how texture packs work now. Eventually, there may be a nice fancy GUI ingame to download and install them with a click of a button.

That's kind of the only thing anyone thinks of when they hear "Mod API" with regards to Minecraft. Yeah, the term "API" just describes the underlying structure to build mods on, but still. The way the Minecraft team use the term (and the way they have marketed the idea, as per your link to Dinnerbone's explanation), StevenTheHorse was actually correct in saying what he said.

But, eh. Want a custom modpack option? Get MultiMC, or do it yourself. Then, check out IceCream Bucket (a tool to auto-build a Bukkit server with mods of your choosing) and the rest of the Bukkit ports and stuff. It really isn't that hard anymore, just takes a little research.

But, eh. Want a custom modpack option? Get MultiMC, or do it yourself. Then, check out IceCream Bucket (a tool to auto-build a Bukkit server with mods of your choosing) and the rest of the Bukkit ports and stuff. It really isn't that hard anymore, just takes a little research.

MultiMC is a nice little tool, but it feels like the developer was iterating over new versions of the program a bit too quickly for the size of the userbase that he has and is building.

If you're running the Windows client, you're mostly ok; a few bugs, but most of the functionality is there. If you're OS X or Linux, you're less lucky. The built-in auto-update doesn't work yet, but you're still prompted for it with a silent failure on start. Screen panels are missing because they haven't been implemented in GTK+, yet. Instances are saved inside the App bundle if you're running on OS X, so when you manually update, you have to dig in the package and manually copy the files.

It should be in more of a focused/closed beta for OS X and Linux, instead of the fully open project that he got going right now. Lots of confused/new users coming in after the Direwolf20 spotlight that are likely to just drop the program because "it doesn't work right"

MultiMC is a nice little tool, but it feels like the developer was iterating over new versions of the program a bit too quickly for the size of the userbase that he has and is building.

If you're running the Windows client, you're mostly ok; a few bugs, but most of the functionality is there. If you're OS X or Linux, you're less lucky. The built-in auto-update doesn't work yet, but you're still prompted for it with a silent failure on start. Screen panels are missing because they haven't been implemented in GTK+, yet. Instances are saved inside the App bundle if you're running on OS X, so when you manually update, you have to dig in the package and manually copy the files.

It should be in more of a focused/closed beta for OS X and Linux, instead of the fully open project that he got going right now. Lots of confused/new users coming in after the Direwolf20 spotlight that are likely to just drop the program because "it doesn't work right"

Ahhh. Wasn't aware of the OS X and Linux drawbacks. I'm still waiting on the "Export" button to be usable, as that's the second most attractive feature to me. Behind the instances themselves, of course.