Need help with permissions

Evaley

OK so i'm a relatively new server owner and have installed factions on my tekkit lite server but cannot for the life of me get the permissions sorted so that other players apart from me can actually use the plugin(i.e. create and manage factions), every attempt ends in either nothing happening or no one being able to do ANYTHING, i'm so stressed out with this that i'm literally on the verge of smashing my laptop up iv been at it for a week now and nothing on Google even comes close to helping, iv tried downloading PEX, bPermissions, Groupmanager and tried using bukkits permissions file nothing is working and i'm at my wits end. Please if someone knows what to do and how to fix it could they message me or hit me up on skype and explain it to me?

If you do want to skype me let me know and ill imbox you my name

Edited by Evaley

• Discord Moderator

If you want to use PermissionsEx (Pex), my personal favorite across all my servers/versions, I would be able to assist you. What are you doing now to limit or provide access to plugin features in the game? Once you add something like Pex (and any other perms engine) you'll need to define what permissions nodes you want people to have as they all usually default to "whitelist" where if you don't give them a specific perm then they don't have that perm.

oh and so far i have essentials and world edit no one can use worldedit bar me.....(fantastic) but everyone can already use all of the essentials commands that i want them to have i.e. tpa, home, sethome etc right from the off (again...fantastic), no permissions nodes nothing. its upon getting factions that iv needed permissions to be sorted out

• Discord Moderator

If you have no need to restrict access to items/blocks/etc. then do not install ModifyWorld, the partner mod for Pex.

Here is permissions.yml file for Tekkit Lite that implements multiple ranks. If you want fewer ranks it would be easy to strip out all but a couple. If you aren't going to be using ModifyWorld you can simply remove any line with "modifyworld" in it.

https://copy.com/PX1nDRg3WbU9

Once this file is in place and the server is restarted or you do a "pex reload" from the console, just type this from the console:

pex user YourGameName group set Owner

Then you can control everything from within game. Obviously you will need to tweak the perms a bit, but between a bit of help from me, that file as a starting point, and the Pex wiki you should be good to go.

seems as though every time i try no one can do anything... AT ALL, from what i have reserched, everything im doing is right and that they should have all the permissions that iv alloted to them but not even one permission gets allowed not one

• Discord Moderator

Not sure what else to say. The perms file I posted is directly from my server. I use Pex on seven servers across 3 different versions of Forge/MC. Without laying hands on the server files I think I'm stuck. Feel free to zip up the plugins folder you have and put it someplace i can get to. I'll go through setting up a tekkit lite server here with those plugins and see what's up.

Edited by plowmanplow