Increase FPS?

Ok, so I have a beast of a PC (GTX 750, Intel i7, 8gb RAM, 750gb HHD, etc etc) and yet I still only get around 30-60 FPS while playing (Settings on Normal, Fast, and no smooth lighting) And I am slightly confused by this, because I see people using the same PC (Alienware 14) and getting 60+ FPS while recording on the AOTB pack... Just wondering what could cause this and what I could do differently. Thanks ;)

The most likely culprit is not having enough RAM assigned, the second most likely is having too much RAM assigned.  It's in here;

OVL68lS.jpg

Set the value to somewhere from 1.5GB to 3GB (depends on the machine, less RAM is faster but less stable as a general rule with minecraft weirdly), you might need another 1GB if you use a high res texture pack.

The most likely culprit is not having enough RAM assigned, the second most likely is having too much RAM assigned.  It's in here;

OVL68lS.jpg

Set the value to somewhere from 1.5GB to 3GB (depends on the machine, less RAM is faster but less stable as a general rule with minecraft weirdly), you might need another 1GB if you use a high res texture pack.

Ahhh, thank you SO much, I was allocating way to much RAM thinking it would help me from crashing (I crash when I go through a nether portal back to the overworld) and I can't figure that out either :/ But thank you again ;)

More RAM makes it wait longer before cleaning up, and it runs CPU processing on everything in RAM, not just the stuff it needs to (so if you leave an area and it stays in RAM it'll keep doing passes on the clientside, when you go back it'll check against the server and redownload anyway if it has to so there's very little advantage even without that issue).

Crashing going through portals is a thing some people have had trouble with while being morphed - try to only use portals while in your own form, though resetting the server should fix it ('clone' versions of yourself can remain on the server-side).

Edit: If you continue to crash with portals, post up logs on the tracker and I'm sure someone will help (there's links in my sig).

Edited by Loader

More RAM makes it wait longer before cleaning up, and it runs CPU processing on everything in RAM, not just the stuff it needs to (so if you leave an area and it stays in RAM it'll keep doing passes on the clientside, when you go back it'll check against the server and redownload anyway if it has to so there's very little advantage even without that issue).

Crashing going through portals is a thing some people have had trouble with while being morphed - try to only use portals while in your own form, though resetting the server should fix it ('clone' versions of yourself can remain on the server-side).

Edit: If you continue to crash with portals, post up logs on the tracker and I'm sure someone will help (there's links in my sig).

Thanks a ton ;)

Update : I lowered the allocated RAM down to 2gb and I am now getting around a stable 60 FPS, thanks so much ;)